Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi John.I Hope that you enjoy your holiday in Antalya.As I live here I am a little bit biased.The Sheraton Voyager is a super hotel but drinks are expensive.My wife and I stayed there for two weeks when we bought our house here.If you walk through the gardens and out of the bottom gate you will be quite close to the tram terminous which will take you into central Antalya.Get off at the clock tower and you are then at the enterance to the old town.This is also the old harbour and worth a walk through it.Food and drink can be quite expensive in the old town.Price for 50cl of Beer is normally around 4 / 5 T. Glass of wine around 5 TL.If you haggle in a Bar or Restauraunt then you can get the price of a bottle of wine down.Thats up to you. Have nice holiday and come back.

Ian
I enjoyed my trip to Antalya when we went out to Belek in May. We were All inclusive so I can't recommend any eating drinking places but Antalya harbour was beautiful. There was one restaurant we saw that is set right in the top of the harbour wall, the views from there must be fab. Probably expensive. Here is a view looking through the restaurant out to sea from the road,

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2372/3528630281_7b07e64783.jpg

We visited duden waterfalls, which I also loved. You can go into a cave behind the waterfall. Its called the Cave of wishes I think. It was a lovely cool place not far from Antalya.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2131/3528630323_a8e2956b22.jpg
Hi Dadooronron.You went to Higher Duden Waterfall.Lower Duden Waterfall is where it arrives at the sea.Quite interesting and about 1 k from my house.Antalya has lots of places to see and of course you can fly to Northern Cyprus for around 100 GBP's each return and it takes about 50 minutes.Been here five years now and not going back.

Ian
Dadooronron, Some pretty nice pictures there, I thikn the waterfalls are a must.
Rik, Many thanks on your suggestions, We purposley booked B&B so we could get out and explorer more and to try to eat/drink/enjoy the entertainment or peace in different places.

Anyony with anymore info?

Thanks

John
I lived in Antalya for 5 years. Just a word of caution.

When going into a restaurant, bar or cafe establish the prices first. They should all have a priced menu for food and drinks.

Check the bill carefully afterwards.

There is one notorious cafe close to the clock tower,. I forget the name but they do take pride in over-charging visitors.

RIK might remember the name of the place and the outrageous price they charged some-one for a coke and kebab..

Please do not be put -off by this post. Most establisments are honest and look after visitors. Enjoy your holiday.
The place Apollo 11 is referring to is the first cafe to the left of the clock tower as you are facing it.Do not go there ! As Apollo says the majority of Bars and Cafes in Antalya will not Rip you off.Enjoy your holiday.

Ian
Thanks Rik, that is always the worry in a new foreign country.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.