Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Red Sea Magic
287 Posts
Hi Ian

As this is the first year that Thomson's will be doing this cruise, there are no previous reviews for this itinerary with them. You may be able to find reviews of a similar itinerary on a different ship.

luci :wave
thanks luci did not realise that this was thompson's first year for this cruise trying to be brave and book it all over the internet will more than likley book this weekend for april 2006
Ian I do not think anyone marketing into UK as ever had a ship based in Red Sea for a whole winter season, if there has been it was a smaller ship than this. Possibly Airtours had the seawing there one year but not sure. Others go in & out via Suez canal eg Discovery for last 2 years & scheduled again this autumn but not seen any reviews. April should be good in Red Sea, starting to get nice & warm & water should be a lot better temp than jan/feb.
just to let you know i have booked the red sea cruise on the thomson spirit for april 2006.
Ooh congratulations on making the booking Ian! You have a whole year to look forward to it.

I saw this cruise advertised on teletext for this Nov,Dec,and January for £699 and £649.This is for 14 nights which includes 1 week cruise and 1 week stay.Will the weeks stay be in Sharm?.
thompson are advertising three resort's to stay el gouna , hurghada and sharm el sheikh. i presume you choose have a look in the thomson cruise brochure jan 2005-april 2006 it will also show what a good deal you are getting.
hope this helps
Just booked this cruise with Thompson for 2006. Any info would be gratefully received in particular the distance to sites such as Valley of the Kings Petra from the ports

Supermum
Valley of the kings will be quite a distance from the port i would think maybe 3-4 hours. not sure about petra though.
Have booked a cruise for Jan 06!!! I know its a bit early, Flyin to Sharm El Shiek then sailing to Jordon, and visiting Cairo etc. Will I need a visa if I am on a cruise?? Also will we need vaccinations as hubby is :cry: unhappy about the thought of needles

Very grateful for help on this

Supermum
Hi Supermum

I think your best bet is to check the FCO (Foreign and Commonwealth Office) website, as they'll have up-to-date info on everything you need to know.

Have a great cruise!!!!!

Fay
As far as I know the ship normally arranges a group visa for day visitors on excursions.

Woohoo, just booked for this cruise on Thomson Spirit for 9th Feb 2006. Can't wait as this will be our first cruise.

Just hoping school is ok, taking kids out 2 days before halfterm. I'm hoping the fact that we'll be visiting Petra and the Pyramids will win them over!!!
Hi,
Spent a night in Cairo (extended excursion) from Emerald, no visa was needed, but I got a nice stamp in my passport.

Stacey
I've been in and out of several ports in Egypt and all the passes etc were all sorted on baord by the Egyptian customs and the ship. All I had to do was queue for my passport. I got nice stamp too.

Never be afraid to ask, if you are let down by the call centre, tell them that anything contrary to what they have said, they will be held responsible for, all calls are taped and they will then ensure you get the whole info
hi this is a message to coopster please please send in a review of your cruise next year . we have booked this cruise next year ( april) but are only taking one child . since we went to egypt when we were in cyprus last year the oldest did not want to go.
thanks very much and hope you have a good time.
I'm going on the Red Sea Magic cruise in November. We embark from Safaga on the Tuesday. Does anyone know when the trip to Luxor and the Valley of the Kings takes place.

Also, I've been told that to get to the lost city at Petra you have to travel on a donkey! Is this true?
Thanks
Karen
I hope not - it looks like its a fair few miles from the port!!!
I am looking for a holiday for my 50th birthday in Nov 06 and would like to do the Red Sea Magic Cruise together with a 7 night stay in Shamel.

I am a bit concerned about the excursions from Luxor and Cairo - does anyone know how much they cost per person and how long is spent travelling?

The cruise looks fab, but I want to see as much of the Valley of the Kings and the Pyramids etc as I can and do not want to spend hours travelling there and back?

Anyone that is going this winter, I would love to know your experiences of the cruise.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.