Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
ccmc, This is entirely my query too. Could i be correct in thinking that you can not check in online until you have reserved your seats or have i just made this up. I will be watching this forum with anticipation.
linsi, I agree with you too. This just does not make sense. I also thought you could not check in on line until you had booked and paid for seats. Also, maybe I am making this up, but by doing so, you are automatically getting priority boarding, as you already know where you are sitting. I will also be watching and waiting, and I feel that Jet2 will be watching this forum also. ccmc.
Just pre booked my seats last week for my Easter holiday. I'm really worried now please can anyone make this clear what exactly is going on?

TIA
Has anyone read what it says on their website? It all seems clear there

http://www.jet2.com/questions/seat-allocation.aspx

Pay up front and pick your choice of seat, don't pay and it's allocated when you check in. So if you have paid to get a chosen seat the priority boarders can't take it because they will have a different one allocated.

What you should be worried about is the small note with the asterix - if you pay extra to choose your seat and the flight is cancelled you lose that money! There's one for the solicitors to argue over - I'd start with the "Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999"

If all the seats are allocated before boarding can someone explain what the benefit of priority boarding is? It doesn't mater whether you're first or last on - you aren't going to get there any faster! What I want is priority baggage return at the other end!!
I think it is simply that when they call the flight for boarding the " Priority Boarders" are called first so you are not queuing. Apart from that On Line Check-In and Seat Selection is worth it as the check in queues can be extremely lengthy if you dont. This is particularly good on return as the queues can be even worse at come foreign check ins. I have always found the Jet2 On line check-in desk to to have little or no queue both outbound and inbound
Has anyone entered the competition on Jet 2 website..20,000 free flights to the first correct entries.
Can anyone actually get to the competition- all I get is a "winners" page with no winners names on it!
kate
Hi all,

Regarding this competition, as far as I can see in their small print, it finished on 30th January 2009.

ccmc
What are JET2 using on NCL-CFU and LBA-HER this summer.
tommyinyork,

NCL-CFU (LS581/2) are operated by a Boeing 757-200.
LBA-CFU (LS444/5) are operated by a Boeing 757-200

Darren

PS I don't mind providing the information, but you've posted 4 times in the last 5 minutes asking about what aircraft are being used on what flights, some for the same destination but with different departure airports. Can you please limit your questions to flights you are actually taking and provide flight numbers and dates where possible. Thanks
Hi All
Just looking for charter flights to Taba from Birmingham or Manchester in October and Jet2 seem the only name coming up when looking at the moment. Wanting reassurance that they offer a service comparable to say Thomas cook or Thompson. Anyone have any thoughts? Flight number is LS2113. Many thanks.
Caroline
caroline davis,

your flight is operated by a Boeing 757-200, which is jet2's larger aircraft. Although I believe the service is very good, I also believe there is no IFE onboard.

Alasdair
caroline davis,

Jet2 offer a comparable, and in some respects better service than say TCX / TOM. Jet2 use Boeing 757-200 on those routes. These have 30" seat pitch compared to 28" on TCX / TOM's 752's. As a low cost carrier, they don't offer inflight entertainment. Meals are different if you bother with them; Jet2 have sandwiches onsale whereas the others offer a pre-bookable hot meal. Drinks service is the same with similar pricing.

Darren
Jet2 now offer a hot meal when booking. I don't if this just selected flights but I have definatley seen them advertised when searching for flights via the "low fare finder"

Alasdair
roboa wrote:
Jet2 now offer a hot meal when booking.

Well remembered! I forgot they introduced this last year. It's £7 each way, 3 course with a hot drink. It all comes down to cost of flights really, but Jet2 offer a pretty good service and I've only praise for them as an LCC after they paid for my taxi home after my flight from Malaga to Blackpool was diverted to Manchester. You wouldn't get Easyjet or Ryanair doing that.

Darren
If you really mean home that may be true but if you mean the airport that you should have been at then all airlines should do it. See

http://www.auc.org.uk/default.aspx?catid=306&pagetype=90&pageid=4432
steve8482,

I meant home (as in home address) rather than the original destination. Everything is in my flight review.

Darren
In that case that really was good service and you're quite right about it being unlikely to be matched by any of the others.
Can anyone tell me jet 2 email address please trying to get in contact with them regarding an amendment I made on a change of date.thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.