Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
peye ren,

BMI Baby Operate Boeing 737-300's On This Route. For More Info Refer To Our What Aircraft? Thread

Gower
I have booked flights from Manchester with Travel republic to Dalaman travelling on 20/07 and returning on 04/08. The flight no's are BD8317 and BD3212. Travel republic inform me that the outbound flight departs at 13.00 however Manchester airport show it departing at 07.30 every week. Have queried this with Travel Republic and they insist it leaves at 13.00. They have already changed the flights once resuling in having to alter taxi times both here and in Turkey so am anxious to know whether we have been given correct times. Any info would be gratefully received.
From what I can see the flight does indeed depart Manchester at 13.00 and arries in Dalaman at 19.15 local time so the information TravelRepublic have given you is correct! This is the only week the flight departs at this time - the rest of the time it does depart Manchester at 07.30.

Hope this helps somewhat! :tup
Sam
Bmibaby puts first phase of 2010 routes on sale

Bmibaby has put a range of routes for summer 2010 on sale.

The low cost carrier says this is the first phase of its summer 2010 flying programme from East Midlands, Manchester, Birmingham and Cardiff airports.

Seven Mediterranean destinations have gone on sale for flights valid between April 19 and October 23 next year. Additional frequencies will be released soon, the airline said.

The routes that have gone on sale are:

· Birmingham: Alicante, Faro, Malaga, Murcia and Palma
· Cardiff: Alicante, Faro, Malaga, Menorca, Murcia and Palma
· East Midlands: Alicante, Almeria, Faro, Malaga, Menorca and Palma
· Manchester: Alicante, Faro, Malaga and Palma

Commercial director Julian Carr said: "Travellers can now plan ahead and book early to secure the best deals.

"This will be especially beneficial for the family market as they can secure the most popular school holiday dates. Plus those with holiday homes will be able to book their trips in advance now to get really a low flight price.

"Even more frequencies on the Mediterranean routes and flights to our other European cities and UK destinations will be going on sale in the near future."

With permission from Travelmole
I know that bmibaby allocate seats (ie not free seating), when checking-in on-line does the system allocate seat numbers to you or do you get any say, without paying for the seat selection service.
Has my question in the post above stumped eveyone?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
dan, I think you've stumped us! I've never checked in on-line as I always take hold luggage. When I flew with BMI a couple of weeks ago, they did, as you state, allocate seats at the check-in point rather than the free-for-all you get with Ryanair and Easyjet.

My guess is that the on-line system will automatically allocate, otherwise people would soon realise that they could avoid paying the additional charges that are incurred if you choose your seats at the booking stage.

Regards
Louise
I believe it costs 3.99 to book your seat on BMI Baby....which can be done as you book your flight. I would assume you have a view of the aircraft seats as available for your flight.

In respect of BMI, you can choose your seat as you check in for your flight at no cost 23-24 hours before departure.

Nivsy
Louise, I guess you're right, Nivsy I am aware you can pay but what I meant was what if you don't pay, would you get the choice as you would when checking in at the airport.

I'll post what happens mid July.

Dan
Flying to Dalaman, Turkey in a few weeks time - our flight a British Midland charter. We were not given the option to book in-flight meal as originally flight was with Onur Air but was changed to BM. Can anyone tell me if there will be a snack trolley and what we could purchase to eat, or if we should bring our own food for during the flight. Thank you
kimi,

As it's a bmi charter (not a scheduled service), meals are normally provided. They were last time I flew on a bmi charter anyway. Snacks are available for purchase as well.

Darren
Can you just clarify for us thicko's Darren. Are you saying that even if you have booked originally with Onur Air without a meal included, you will still get one with BMI if your flight has been changed to them. We too have had our flight chanced to BMI, and as it is a 7am flight it would be nice not to have to worry about finding somewhere to eat at that time in the morning.
Where have you been for the last few days anyway, we've missed you :)
SNAPPER,

Bmi (charter) provide meals for all passengers regardless of whether you've booked one of not. It's just the standard service they provide. That was the situation the last time I travelled with them anyway so I would assume it's still the case.

I've been around but been busy with work so not had as much time as normal.

Darren
Like annettev above, I booked on BMI flight BD8317 to Dalaman through Travel Republic. I booked this specifically because it was a daytime flight which makes it a hell of a lot easier with young kids.

I've now been informed that we're now on flight BD8219, leaving MAN at 19.15 and getting in in the early hours. Thing is, having scoured the internet for details I can't find any listings for either of these flights either on BMI's site or Manchester Airport's.

I have a strong suspicion that the original flight was never scheduled and was just a hook for suckers like me who were trying to avoid night-flights, and if I can prove it, I'll report them to ABTA/trading standards.

Trying to find anyone to complain to is impossible, because Travel Republic book it through Custom Air who book it with the underlying carrier, and of course its all coverd in the small print, but this sort of thing happens so often now, I don't think its any accident.

Can anyone advise how these things work and how I can get more detail on the flight schedules?
Mrangry!,

Welcome onboard :tup
As your flight is a charter rather than a scheduled flight, it won't show on bmi's website. One of the problems with booking through these operators is they tend to swap and change flights regularly. It's a common complaint here. It's nothing to do with the airline, it's the chartering company. I have the flight logs for BD8317/8 so it has been operating as per the schedule. I suspect BD8219 is an additional flight for the summer rush so you've probably been moved flights because the original one is full or for other operational reasons. There's a Travel Republic thread over on the Tour Operators forum for more information.

Darren
Thanks, Darren.

There are charter flight listings on the Manchester airport site, but there is no mention of any BMI flight to Dalaman at either time.

It seems what you're saying is that I was sold seats that weren't actually available, which seems to me to be blatantly misleading, but this industry seems to be a law unto intself.
Mrangry!,

Not all charters are listed on Manchesters website either, particularly these ad-hoc ones that change or are additions. It's not that you were mislead, flight times change for many reasons and many charter companies have to change them at times as they organise things many months in advance, and sometimes changes are needed that are out of their hands. For example my flights to Turkey later this year with Thomas Cook have changed as two flights have been combined using a larger aircraft rather than sending two smaller ones. I just suspect in your case demand for Turkey has meant an additional flight and you've just been unlucky. Have you spoken to Travel Republic to see if there's any option of your original flight?

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.