Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
hi im flying on Emirates Boeing 777 300ER and have booked seat 17a
beginning to wander if this is a bad choice as the bulkhead is in front of the seat so not sure where the screen will be?or if it has a window? or to change the seat to some where else on the plane
any help would be great
thanks
robbie
robbie,

Are you sure it's row 17? I thought row 16 is the first row of economy seats on the 3 class -300/ER's? Your personal screen will be located in the arm rest. It'll fold out along with your tray table. This means the seat is slightly narrower to accomodate them. I know there are two window panels missing in that part of the aircraft (where aircon ducts and wires are located). I can't say if your row is one of those effected though.

Darren
here you go daz
taken of my e-ticket

EK016 United Kingdom, GB (LGW) to United Arab Emirates, AE (DXB) Standard 17A

Fri 19 Dec 08 13:40 Gatwick Airport (LGW) NORTH
06 hrs 45min
0 Stops Economy
Boeing 777-300ER

i think im gonna change it to anothere seat as debbi said in a previous post that 32a was more than enough...???any ideas or thoughts welcdome
robbie,

Seating is personal preference really. Remember that the IFE boxes are located under the seat of 'A' seats which restricts space slightly. Shouldn't be too much of a problem unless you have big feet!!

Darren
Emirates are at present moving all their flights into their new Emerates terminal at Dubai. The European flights move over today. Anyone so far had any experience how the transfer is going? We'll be transitting it in about four weeks on route to Mumbai so hopefully by then all the glitches will have been ironed out but I,m sure they will make a better job of it than BA did at H/row
gramps
hi, can you lety us know how you got on as im doing thte same in 7 weeks time
hope it all goes well,,
robbie
Travelling to perth from heathrow next june with family. Wife,myself and two teenagers. Here's the thing. We're pricing around and the total cost of flights with emirates is approx £700 cheaper than singapore or quantas. I have heard people say that singapore or quantas are great airlines,but surely emirates must be good value,giving what we would be saving. PS. Should we book soon or wait,in case prices improve? Thankyou. Stephen
  • Edited by David 2008-11-14 14:27:53
    Merged with Emirates Q&As topic which may provide you with some useful info, while you wait for further feedback.
I'd say grab it. Much better leg room, entertainment, than Qantas, and on a par with Singapore. Of course stopovers come in to it, it depends if you are intending one, or simply flying straight through. Prices of course may drop, with the recession, and dropping oil price,but then the price reductions (if any) would likely be across all airlines Alan
Thankyou for reply. We are thinking of staying in Dubai for one day,so is there a good hotel at the airport or could we stay nearby. Its our first time,so we don't want to stray too far from airport. Thanks again. Stephen
If you had an overnight, long transit time for your connection, Emirates used to put you up in the Emirates wing of the Millenium Airport Hotel free of charge, but I know they dont use that hotel any more. Might be worth contacting them to see. We find the Hotels pretty pricey and a lot of the cheaper ones get poor write ups for nightclub noise in the likes of Tripadvisor, and as it's just a stopover, thats the last thing you need. Theres a lot of good seat sales on just now for next summer so make sure you are getting the best deal possible. We're going to Sydney in March and found the best deal with http://www.Dialaflight.com have you tried them? We visit Oz every couple of years and have used quite a number of different airllines, and stopovers, anything you'd like to ask just PM me Alan
Duffs2,
Try the Le Meridien Dubai (Airport) very good buffet and pool.
Emirates receive 3rd A380 on the 15th November, MSN016, ID A6-EDC, all systems go for first flight from LHR on the 1st December.

Joe ;)
Hi, will be checking in online for our Emirates flight from heathrow T3, Sunday 18th Jan.
Can anyone tell me if the bag drop off at heathrow is straight forward or has anyone had any issues with checking in for Emirates.
regards
Joe
joe3400,

It's straight forward. Just go to the fast bag drop kiosk where your bags will be tagged and that's it!

Darren
Hya what terminal does emirates fly out of manchester??? :wave:
bluemoon,

Emirates Fly From Terminal 2 At MAN

Gower
I was looking to book some extra luggage allowance with Emirates to NZ next year after seeing that for our flight to Egypt last week it was something like 10kgs for something like £15 through Globespan... am I right in reading that Emirates charge £35 per KILO?? Are they really picky when it comes to anything over 20kgs?
ElleDee,

£35 / kg it is. That's what you call encouraging you to stick to your limits!! If you are over, they'll charge you so best not to exceed the limit on your ticket.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.