Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
ElleDee,

The best one is on Seat Guru. Seating is aways personal preference.

Darren
Thanks for that. I knew I had seen a plan somewhere but couldnt find it on Emirates site.

Row 52/ middle 53, 67/68 and 80/ middle 81 - where would the tv screens be as there are no seats in front?

Cheers
Elle
ElleDee wrote:
where would the tv screens be as there are no seats in front?

Screens are located in the arm rest. They fold out along with the tray table.

Darren
Thanks.

I am a bit disappointed as I was checking flight details on Emirates site last night and put in our flight number, and we are now travelling on a different plane to our Flight Centre itinerary... no longer going from Dubai to Auckland on the A380:(
We have now chosen the seats we would like on the different flights to AUK... pleased with what was available!

Are you allowed to have a handbag PLUS a small case in hold and is it likely to be weighed or just put in the gauge to check if its the correct size?

Elle
We are off to Delhi via Dubia on Emirates flight from Glasgow in April. We have these seats - looking for some comments on them please? Aircraft seems to be 700 - 300ER and 700 - 200

EK028 (GLA) to United Arab Emirates, AE (DXB) 21A & 21B
EK510 (DXB) to India, IN (DEL) 11K &11J
EK511 India, IN (DEL) to United Arab Emirates, AE (DXB) 46A & 46B
EK027 AE (DXB) to GB (GLA) 46K & 46J

All comments very welcome

Thanks

Col
Colfras,

All your flights are operated by a Boeing 777-31H/ER, For a seating plan, refer to Emitates website; EK028/7 and EK510/1. Emirates are one of the best airlines around so I'm sure you'll have great flights with them.

Darren
One for Dazbo, I think. We go every couple of years to Australia to visit our son, this year we're flying with Aisiana in March. We usually use either Emirates, or Malaysian, as one of the essentials we look for is 34" leg room. Looking in the Travel section of todays Sunday Times, there's an article on the new A380s used by Qantas, Emirates, and Singapore Airlines. The article states that Qantas's economy leg room is only a miserly 31" down an inch from their cramped 32" on their present planes. The article also states 32" leg room for both Emirates and Singapore which will be a 2" reduction on whats on offer at present. We were looking forward to using the new plane and the innovation of the seat in front not reclining back and limiting your space, but not at the expence of sacrificing leg room. Has the article got it right? If it has it looks, as usual, that the airlines put their economy cusromers very far down their list of prioroties Alan
The article is indeed correct. You have to remember though that these are new generation seats. Although they don't offer the same level of seat pitch, they're a lot thinner than they used to be so you get pretty much the same amount of room as you did before. Economy passengers always come way down the pecking order, but the airlines also need to pack passengers in in order to make the flights economically viable. The airlines are putting huge investment for these new aircraft so it's give and take really.

Darren
One thing I meant to mention earlier, the seat guru shows up a different seating plan to the actual plan of plane on emirates website!

Has anyone changed a leg of their journey once leaving the UK? When we booked for NZ we booked a stopover in Dubai on the way there and Sydney on the way back. Unfortunately, for some insane reason, I only booked one night in Sydney on the way back and would like to have two. However, the guy we booked with is no longer with the travel company and I am sure he said that once we actually leave the UK we could change our flights for free subject of course to availability. Otherwise it would cost around £100 per person. However, I am being told by the travel company that we will be charged by Emirates for changing most likely?

Any info on this?
yes i believe emirates are the ones that charge..i booked my flight on the wrong date (a day early than when i should off)called emirates within 5 mins of the printout and they said it would cost me 75 quid to change ,even though i called them that quick and said it was a genuine error they said no..
had a result on my last leg from dbx to lgw i got upgraded to buisness class-very nice and a touch!!
That was a shame you got charged. How did you manage an upgrade?????? Do you just ask at the desk when you are checking in??
I'd love to know how too. We're up to about 110,000 miles, and on the silver level of their frequent flyer club Skywards, and up till now not a smell of an upgrade. I've got a suspiciouson that because we check in a couple of hours early. we miss out, as usually they dont dish out the upgrades till nearer the closing time, but I dont know if thats true. To rub salt in the wound I've just had a email from my son who stays in Australia but has been in Dubai on business, he's a frequent flyer with Qantas but is at flying back to Sydney with Cathay Pacific, and has just been upgraded from business to first, and is presently sipping Krug, and being looked after by a charming hostess. It's just not fair. Alan
very nice indeed alan..by the way hope your well..
well i did not pay the 75 quid so went on that day!!
reg the upgrade i think it was being there at the right time and right place,
went to the gate about 30 mins b4 take off and the lady said we have a problem and asked me to wait there,while she was gone i took a peek at her screen and it said hold passenger at gate,,i panicked as i thought customs had seized my suitcase in transit as i was coming back from goa,,and had some tablets in there,which i then thought may have been illegal in dubai..then she came back and said thankyou for waiting and gave me the boarding pass back with 6a business class on it ,,i nearly fell over with excitement..but on the way out there i saw a stewardess take a lady from the back of the plane through to buiness class,,,so there is no rhyhm or reason
Ahhh... so you never actually asked to be upgraded. Perhaps they had oversold the flight on economy and everyone had turned up, and you were the lucky person to be upgraded!!!!!!
Oh, one thing Robbie. did you prebook your seats? We have prebooked our seats and would hang off to go to the gate if we thought we could get an upgrade!!!
hi
yes i prebooked all my seats on all 4 legs...i booked the bulkhead seats with the window so i had that bit more legroom and was at the front of economy class..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.