Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
squigs,

What dates are you looking at? As you'll see from my previous post, there are different flight times on different days / dates. You can check them on Qatars Website.

Darren
Qatarman,
Many thanks, i have also sent off an email to Dhoha facilities to ask about payment for the Ornyx lounge. I think it's about £23 pp.
I see they don't do alcohol in that lounge but do in the first class etc.

Are there any bars in the airport we can use for a few beers?
Hi Dazbo!
I am just trying to suss out something for the Goa forum. Most people traveling to Goa with Qatar have booked flights that don't have too long to wait at Doha. so wondered if the people flying from Heathrow would be on the same flight to Goa as the people flying from Manchester. As you said I could probably find the details on the Qatar website but was just being a bit lazy and wondered if anyone knew!!!
squigs,

The easiest way is to ask what peoples flight numbers are. If they are the same flight number on the same day, you'll be on the same connection.

Darren
Now why didn't I think of that!!! :que Thanks Dazbo!! :wave:
billy b,
I havent been in the main terminal in Doha for 2yrs I am lucky as I fly Business class however I am sure you cannot get a beer its only available in the lounges,there are no open bars in the airport.
sleep_r_us wrote:
Thanx dazbo the reason i asked is i was told that if you book direct with Qatar you get 20kgs but if you book with southall you get 30kgs...So some people who are thinking they are getting 30kgs are going to be in a dilemma when they get the excess charges at the desk...

I got an email last night from southall travel confirming the baggage is def 30kg per person when booked through them.
My husband bought a bottle of beer in the Doha cafeteria when we went through Doha last - was very cheap as well Equivilent to just over £1).
I am thinking of booking either LHR-DOH-BKK return or MAN-DOH-BKK return next March the prices are very good at the moment, the flight times on the LHR flights are much better with shorter stops in DOH, but wondered if there was any advantage of flying from MAN in terms of better/newer planes and better IFE etc. Thanks
Please tell me which cafeteria he got the beer from.
As of yesterday you cannot buy beer/spirts from an open bar in Doha Airport,I had visiters to my office who were travelling back to Dubai and they were complaining about this as in Dubai they have open bars.I have lived in Qatar for 11yrs ( this time) and never seen beer on sale,the only beer is in the First and Business Class lounges and that will be stopped soon for Ramadan.
Son of Homer.
Flying to Manchester will not give you newer or better planes,on the London route you get either a A340 or A330 Manchester its A330.The IFE will be the same on both routes,you might get more on the IFE on the A340.
Qatar Airways has a very young fleet.
it was in the small cafeteria on the upper level (near the lounge). Distinticly remember it as i was 6 months pregnant at the time and couldn't have any. they didn't have it on display anywhere but ask for a beer and it was sold. They didn't have any other alcohol though.
Perhaps it was non-alcholic like the stuff they sell at Sharm el Sheikh? :que
Having checked with someone who works in the airport,they only sell the non-alcholic or near beer as its known here.And the Sterling Group who have the food outlets do not not sell any alcholic drinks.
Hi All,

Has anyone recently booked with Qatar?

I have just booked and when i chose the seats and submitted, the processing page came up and never went away so not sure if it did it - although i did choose my seats. Now when i log in and look at the booking it shows the seats for the first flight only and not the rest....is that normal?

Thanks
Im unsure if you can pre book your seats for the whole journey. Id give them a ring the contact number is on the website for manchester. let me know as id be interested
You can pre-book your seats for your whole journey by phoning the Qatar number for the airport you are departing from. The staff are extremely helpful.
Thanks squigs I gave them a ring and booked my seats ;)
i booked my flights a while ago with qatar to goa from manchester,my flight was 8.20am departure,i have since looked at the flight times on the qatar site and it says 9am departue,can you shed any light on that dazbo,or whover,thanks all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.