Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Also does thes airline allow pooled luggage weights, or is it strictly max 20k each. without adding or subtracting, there are one adult and two children going and the youngest, 7yrs old, is'nt really up to lugging a 20k case around Alan

Hi Alan
We have just returned from Turkey flight was with Pegasus booked through Flightline.
Our baggage allowance was 15kgs each and we were told by Flightline that this weight could not be combined. So we paid extra for another 5kgs at a a cost of £15.00 and then went out and bought extra luggage as originally we were only going to take two cases for 3 people.
Flightline gave us the wrong information.When we checked in at Manchester a woman in the queue before us put her case on the conveyer and it weighed 27kgs. So when it came to our turn to check in we asked the check in staff and they informed us that we could have pooled the weight allowance. I will certainly be taking this up with Flightline.
If you want to purchase food on the flight prices are a bit hefty.We paid approx £25.00 for 3 sandwiches,2 beers and a sprite.
The flight both ways was very comfortable,on time and the staff were very pleasant.
Thank to everone for their advice, I've spent ages trawling through Pegasus, Custom Flights, and On The Beach web sites, looking for info. as all the tickets say is 20k, no mention of hand luggage, or pooling weights to be gleaned anywhere, but it's a bit clearer now. Alan
We flew with pegasus from Manchester to Dalaman last week very pleased with them booked through kiss flights we got 15k luggage and 5k hand luggage , there is no in flight entertaiment so take something to read , no one had a meal but snacks were served all in all a very good airline .
Hi all

off to hisaranu ( spelling sorry ) friday 3rd 2215 flight , anybody else used this airline from gatwick as we dont seem to be able to get flights up with this airline from gatwick on there website ( slightly worried )
replies please

thanks

kev / dee
shades5,

We have a small Pegasus Airlines thread here. Not all charters show on Gatwicks website. Is it the PGT494 you're flying out on? Things have been operating as normal, I have a full list of ACARS logs for the flight. There've been a couple of late flights over the last month (no more than 1.5 hours), but most seem to be on-time. They use a Boeing 737-800.

Darren
  • Edited by David 2009-06-22 09:38:33
    Today's posts now merged with existing Pegasus topic
i have always found pgt to be a good reliable airline
:sun2
I wasnt impressed with Pegasus. If I had the choice Id fly with someone else but having said that, if they were the only airline available to where i wanted to go, i wouldnt not book because of it.

What didnt I like? The fact that the hostesses didnt speak English very well - you could not understand the safety talk. They were a bit rude, pushing past people if you were in the aisle and not saying sorry. A lady in front had a gin and tonic and then wanted another tonic and it was like she had asked for the world. I had duty free dropped over me twice, the second time sending my glass of red wine flying all over me and they were not bothered. I made a fuss and got two wet wipes. Asked if theyd pay my dry cleaning bill and suddenly no one could understand me. Ive got the name of the hostess and am going to write in about this. I know accidents happen but there is a way to deal with things. Food on board was not good choice - didnt bother. The steak meal that a few poeple ordered smelt awful and made me feel ill.

What was ok? They pooled luggage allowance and allowed people to take large hand luggage onto plane - people literally had overnight cases on wheels, I could not believe it. Flights went on time both ways.

However they are strict on luggage allowance - as i say they pool it but if you are over after that you have to pay. If you have no money they make you leave stuff behind! (not a personal experience fortunately)

Hope this helpos someone
we have just received our E tickets for our trip to north cyprus. I've noticed on this thread that several posters say the meals are free. On our info it says meals are not included. So have things changed?
the baggage allowance on our tickets says 20kg. hold bags and 5kgs. hand luggage which is good.
flight nos. H 501/502
majorcagirl wrote:
we have just received our E tickets for our trip to north cyprus. I've noticed on this thread that several posters say the meals are free. On our info it says meals are not included. So have things changed?
the baggage allowance on our tickets says 20kg. hold bags and 5kgs. hand luggage which is good.
flight nos. H 501/502

We paid approx £25.00 for 3 sandwiches,2 beers and a sprite.Quite pricey really.We thought that meals were included
when we booked
The meals are not free they used to be but no longer, they sell food on board most people on our flight bought snacks from them as we did, though i have to say they were not that expensive when we flew with them in June .
meals not free and quite expensive (and i didnt think looked very nice)
Lol must admit we looked at the meals on offer and said no thanks :)
Have just returned fro northern Cyprus flying with Pegasus. Very satisfied with them outgoing and return. Friendly staff, comfortable seats. We purchased a hot meal which was good and included a small bottle of wine £10.99 each.When you consider a small bottle of wine costs approx. £3.00p I didn't think it was bad.Return flight we just had cheese rolls which were massive and a couple of gin and tonics. Would certainly fly with them again.
PS we flew from Stansted. :tup
Summer flights boost to Turkey

Pegasus Airlines is raising summer capacity from the UK to the Turkish holiday destinations of Antalya, Bodrum and Dalaman.

Pegasus has releasing 4,999 seats priced at £49.99 one-way, including taxes and charges on the routes from Gatwick, Stansted, Manchester and Birmingham.

There will be direct flights between May and October to Dalaman on Mondays and Fridays from Gatwick and Manchester and every Sundays from Gatwick.

There will also be direct flights to Antalya on Sundays from Birmingham and Manchester as well as a weekly Sunday flight to Bodrum from Stansted.

With permission from Travelmole
Just had my return flight changed from Onur Air to Pegasus by AegeanFlights on the 16th August 2010.

Does anyone know the seat pitch on the 737/800's they use between Manchester and Dalaman, their web site says 29" to 32" but is generic to the whole fleet.

Dave
dksbbs,

Pegasus 738's have 29" seat pitch in an all economy 189 seat configuration. It's the standard configuration that Ryanair, Thomson Airways etc all use.

Darren
Hello every one, can any one tell me when Pegasus will be releasing flights to Dalaman from Gatwick for next May 2011. We flew with them this May and was very pleased with them so would like to use them again. Thanks in Advance :cheers
More flights to Turkey and Cyprus

Turkish airline Pegasus has added more flights from the UK to Turkey and Northern Cyprus during the summer peak to fill the gap left by the grounding of Cyprus Turkish Airlines' services.

The low-cost carrier, which already operates a daily service from London Stansted, will have two additional flights per week, on Mondays and Saturdays, this summer.

All nine weekly flights will fly direct to Istanbul and continue onwards to Ercan in Northern Cyprus.

From September 1, Pegasus will be offering a new six times weekly service to Beirut from Stansted, which will also operate via Istanbul.

With permission from Travelmole
Hi all - was wondering if any of you kind people have got an idea about when Pegasus flights to Antalya, Turkey for July/August are likely to come out?
Any help much appreciated!
HH :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.