Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
dav,

I know exactly what you mean!!! Same with us, I can never understand it at times :duh No problem with carrying the jacket. Ryanair's check-in and baggage policy is one thing, airport security and their limits is another. As long as the bag meets size / weight limits for Ryanair (at both check-in and boarding), then security is less of an issue. The jacket will have to be removed to pass through security anyway.

Darren
I would still draw your attention to the fact that neither Ryanair nor Easyjet allow the carriage of crackers because of the potential "explosiveness" of the snap, and it's nothing to do with clearing up after crackers have been pulled in flight!!

Of course if you carry them in your hold baggage and don't declare them, it's at your own risks and perils!!
Thanks for the help everyone,very much appreciated.
anyone heard that ryanair might not be flying to fuerteventura next year looked on their website and couldnt find the timetable came up with no flights worried cause we booked for next year from east midlands.
Ryanair are having their usual strop with an airport and are threatening to cease flying there :-

http://news.kyero.com/2008/12/1/ryanair-impact-on-fuerteventura-future.
thanks for that dont know what to do should i just wait for news
julie matthews,

The Best Thing To Do Would Be To Wait For Ryanair To Contact You As This Will Detail The Options You Will Have

Gower
Afraid wait is all you can do Julie, I understand that agreement was not reached by the 6th December, which is the deadline set by Ryanair, although the final withdrawal hasnt yet been announced. I suppose you could say no news is good news, but the continuation of flights involved the payment of a sustantial amount of money to Ryanair which hasnt happened. Should be known, either way within a couple of days, but dont hold your breath. :(
According to another website ... (details removed .... David HT Mod)

It is the locals I feel sorry for, business will suffer big style. Apparently Ryanair have carried 250,000 people to the island which is a massive chunk of the islands revenue.
I should think TUI and Thomas Cook are rubbing their hands together. It is a shame as I used to liver there and have watched the tourist industry boom over the last 10 years, but always they seem to get it wrong.
e.g fantastic water park, extortionate entrance fees. Beautiful shopping centre, Las Rotondas, wrong place, Puerto del Rosario, where no tourists go!
Sorry to see this service go, I hope they sort it out.
  • Edited by David 2008-12-10 10:32:53
Hi peatka ... I have had to remove some of the speculation from your post surrounding the possible reasons for this dispute. According to Ryanair, tourism group AIE has failed to honour a commercial agreement it entered into with the airline to promote Fuerteventura as a tourist destination. Legal action between both parties is not ruled out.

David :wave
Further developments now confirmed about the situation:

Ryanair goes ahead with Fuerteventura route shut down

Ryanair is to close all nine routes offering 23 weekly services to Fuerteventura from January 31.

The move, previously threatened by the budget carrier, is being made after Ryanair claimed local tourism group AIE failed to honour a commercial agreement to promote the island as a tourist destination.

Ryanair will close all services to Fuerteventura including Birmingham (3 a week), Bremen (2), Dublin (2), Dusseldorf (Weeze) (4), East Midlands (3), Frankfurt (2), Liverpool (3), London (3) and Shannon (1).

Ryanair confirmed legal action for breach of the agreement will continue against AIE and its individual members.

The airline's deputy chief executive Michael Cawley, said: "This is a very black day for Fuerteventura and one which will have a severe impact on tourism and the livelihoods of its islanders."

He claimed that more than 250,000 annual passengers will now be lost to/from Fuerteventura.

"At a time when Spanish tourism numbers are falling Ryanair's passenger traffic continues to grow as our fares continue to fall," said Cawley.

"However, the AIE has now taken a huge gamble with the livelihoods of the local tourism industry by blatantly reneging on its contractual commitments and losing Ryanair's 23 weekly services to the island.

"Ryanair previously called on the AIE to comply with its contractual agreements and provided them with 30 days notice to remedy their contract breach, this notice period has now lapsed with no action having been taken to maintain Ryanair's presence in Fuerteventura.

"Therefore, we are faced with no choice but to end all Ryanair flights to Fuerteventura from 31st January."

With permission from Travelmole
Hi folks,just a quick question.I've just printed off my online tickets and there is a Boarding Sequence number.Has this anything to do with priority boarding?If not,what does it mean.
Hi All,

I'm travelling with Ryanair from Liverpool in December. I'm thinking of buying my boyfriend a swiss army knife as a Christmas present (he lives in Spain). I know I'd not be allowed to take this in the hand luggage, but will it be OK in the hold??

Louise
louise225,

The Knife Can NOT Be Carried In The Cabin With You But Should Be Ok In Hold (Checked In) Baggage

This Link Takes You To Ryanairs Prohibited Cabin Baggage The Last Paragraph States What You Can Not Take In The Hold

Ryanair Baggage (prohibited cabin items)

Gower
louise225,

You'll be ok carrying it in your hold luggage, but I would question why you want to get him a Swiss army knife as a present. I know they are useful tools, but we've had several discussions on these boards about them. The carriage of such items is not only dangerous, but illegal depending on the size and type of blade. I have a permit to carry a Gerber issued by work (which must be on me at all times for inspection by authorities), otherwise I'd be open to presecution for the carriage of an offensive weapon. In the uk, the legal limit is a blade less than 3" that doesn't lock, but you must have a valid reason for having it on your person. I know in Spoain the laws are tighter and pen knifes will lead to arrest. If it's for use around the home, then no problem but there might be better presents around.

Darren
Thanks for the replies. The knife would be for use at home/work - he's an olive farmer. I thought it would be useful for him to have something with basic tools on, as they are literally "in the middle of nowhere" when out on the farm. Might need to re-think though!

Louise
Oh el, now I've slipped up.

Booked 1p flights for three of us, then later noticed I'd spelt a name with an "el" instead of an "le" :duh a name change is £80, new flights were going to be £70 :yikes So I stayed calm :think checked the website twice a day, flights dropped to a fiver each way so I dug deep, found a couple of old Wellingtons (fivers that were withdrawn in 1991) and coughed up :cry
So far Michael O'Leary is in credit by 2 Espana T Shirts, half a sandwich, (that's the stuff I've accidently left behind on planes). And now 2 Wellingtons :rage
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.