Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Day before check in is only availabe to flights leaving before 8am or it may be 9am (not sure which) so unfortunately you would not be eligable for this service. quote]

This is not the case now, you can use day before check-in whatever time you fly, we confirmed this with first choice last week when trying to book. (We fly at 18.05 and they said thats fine)
It is now free, no need to book just turn up day before between 12.00 and 22.00 with all people who are travelling and hay presto :tup
Seeing we are traveling from Edinburgh on the morning of the flight we will just have to be one of the 2000!
Can anyone tell me what food will be served FCA4724 / FCA 4725 (Sept 2008). If its cooked breakfast won't eat one prior to boarding!
Thanks
Sarah
Hi,

I'm flying First Choice East Midlands to Dom Republic this Sept. Can anyone advise what plane/configuration it will be please? Also, & possibly a weird q, we have upgraded to the premium economy, does anyone know if the toilets are located at the front and back of this section (had a bad experience when seated by the toilets before and like to avoid them at al costs now). Lastly, I am one of the annoying people that'll be flying with a young child lol. Does anyone know if the cabin crew will heat up her food for her (I've been told to take my own as they don't provide for young children)?

Many thanks
scarlett1,

Please refer to your post over on the What Aircraft? thread. I'm on form tonight, I'd replied before you posted on here as well :rofl Please only post on this or the What Aircraft thread to avoid duplication as we read them all.

Darren
Any sign yet of IFE for flights FCA024/FCA025 on 5th July Glasgow to Dom Rep?
Hi Rabbie
I'm on this flight too and I asked the same question a wee while back.Was told the listing should be available around the 1st of July.Better late than not at all!
Where are you staying? We're in the Iberostar Costa Dorada.

Davie
Hi Davie
Staying at Bahia Principe San Juan. Hopefully all their problems from last year have cleared up!

Rabbie
Dazbo5
My Flight no from Gatwick to Puerto Vallarta FCA 084

Would be great to know what the incoming flight our plane was before it changes to this flight number so to see what knock on effects and possible delays before we leave for the airport. :)
knitter46,

The incoming flight for FCA084/5 is FCA026/7 (LGW-Liberia-LGW)

Darren
Thanks Darren
Your brill with all this imformation ....Don't know what this board would do without you :)
Hi Darren,

Never thought about where flight has come from before but after reading this thread it has made me interested, one more thing to look out for :rofl

Can you please tell me the incoming flight for Gatwick to male, FCA040.

Thank you
Day before check in is only availabe to flights leaving before 8am or it may be 9am (not sure which) so unfortunately you would not be eligable for this service. quote]

This is not the case now, you can use day before check-in whatever time you fly, we confirmed this with first choice last week when trying to book. (We fly at 18.05 and they said thats fine)
It is now free, no need to book just turn up day before between 12.00 and 22.00 with all people who are travelling and hay presto :tup
I contacted First Choice just yesterday about day before check-in at Gatwick as we fly out a 7am on 12th August and was told that it is £5 per person. :que
Hi Duncan,

Don't you just love conflicting info :rofl

It says on FC website that it is now free from Gatwick, if you fly from Birmingham or Manchester then there is a £5 charge, may be person you spoke to thought you were flying from one of those airports. http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/help/at-the-airport/check-in-times/
Hi

I am flying with FC (Booked through Thomsons) from Manchester to Cancun - is it true that you cannot book your seat but only book to sit together? :(

Thanks
sharon7,

Firstly, welcome to HT :wave:

It is true, you can only pre-book seating together with FCA. You can't book specific seat numbers. Seating is assigned for you.

Darren
Does anyone know which films are showing on long haul flights at the moment?

Also, on our last flight in December we were given a newspaper. Is this now standard practice on FC long haul flights, and do they give you anything to read on the way out?
Hi Darren

Thanks for that. I am not sure whether to pay extra if we cant choose seats...its cheeky as whats the point of paying for it. Would you recommend it?

Thanks x
sharon7,

Pre-booking seating is more for peace of mind than anything. If you are travelling as a couple, then I don't think it's worth it. If you are travelling as a familly / group and want to sit together, then you may want to consider it. Given that seating is now pre-assigned before the flight, you may find you get seated together anyway. I would assume the software used will pre-assign seating for those who have pre-booked seating first, then pre-assign those that haven't in remaining seats. When seating was allocated at check-in, as long as you arrived at the airport with plenty of time to spare, ie before most people had checked-in so there were plenty of seats available, it was never a problem. It was only the latecomers that got split up. But now they use a software package (BY-TOM-AMM-FCA will be able to elaborate), I'm not sure if it's worth paying it or not. Certainly if you are travelling as a couple, I'd save the money and get a couple of drinks on the flight!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.