Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
We didn't book Premium cabin with Thomas Cook when we booked, but does anyone know if we can upgrade on the day? We've paid to chose our seats, so are at least together, but if we can upgrade (as its our honeymoon) we will! :D
sean81 - all depends when you are going, thomas cook have disposed of their premium cabin from may 11 on long haul flights. you cannot book premium seats, the rumour when we booked was that they would sell them as extra legroom seats minus the extras you previously got with premium.
I have been trying for a few weeks now to prebook my seats for next may to santa clara (cuba) but the flight is yet to be programmed into the system.
If you are going before May 11 then I would try and check out on thomas cook airlines the your seat/your choice section, input your booking reference and departure date, it will ask for your flight numbers and see what comes up in terms of what seats are available for you to book and at what cost.
I wouldnt leave it until the day of check in as you are highly unlikely to get premium unless there are spaces. From past experience I have never managed to book premium at checkin, so either I have been unlucky or that is the norm. :cheers
gav008,

Thomas cook also allocate seating a few days before departure. I think it's a way of getting people to pay to choose their seating as it's no longer a matter of first at check-in gets the pick of the seats :(
I'm flying to sharm from manchester on the 25th Nov. with thomas cook (TCK754k), does anyone know what type of plane this will be and what seat pitch?

Thanks
Phil.
Chilton,

Your flight looks as though it is Operated By a Boeing 767-300 aircraft.

More information on our What Aircraft? Guide (link below)

Gower
  • Edited by GowerL7 2010-09-23 08:49:28
Can any one tell me why tcx069k glasgow to vancouver was late in departing last wednesday from what i can tell almost 4.5 hrs late.. we are due to fly out this wednesday and i hope it aint late again. any info would be great....
A friend of mine was due to fly to Goa in November, and had booked the Premium cabin, but got a call last week to say that there was no cabin on the flight now.

Does this mean they have pulled the service early, or does this mean they are not using the A330 for Gatwick to Goa?
Thanks Mike. We fly in December and haven't heard anything yet, so hopefully with be on the A330.
Hi,
I have booked a party of 11 to punta cana next July, with thomas cook. I have now been told that the premium cabin is not available for next year flights, we have booked there pick a seat option but really wanted the premium cabins as there is definately more room. Do you know if the premium seats will still be available but without the premium service , or should I change my flight company now.
have you tried to go onto your seat your choice to see what seats are available, my understanding is that they are going to be selling the old premium seats as extra legroom seats but without the extra premium package. if you have booked a package and wnt to change the flights your other option would be thomson or firstchoice but i doubt you will get the holiday for the same price but i may be wrong, thomas cook are nearly always cheaper. :think
Thomas Cook expands at Newcastle

Thomas Cook will base a fourth aircraft at Newcastle International Airport next summer.

The introduction of the aircraft means that Thomas Cook has reintroduced flights to Bourgas in Bulgaria.

Extra weekly flights will also operate to other holiday destinations such as Paphos, Larnaca, Dalaman, Izmir, Mahon, Ibiza, Palma and Tenerife.

The new aircraft will offer around 70,000 extra seats throughout the summer season, taking the total number of seats available for holidaymakers to around 300,000.

Ian Derbyshire, chief executive officer at Thomas Cook UK & Ireland, said: "This underlines our commitment to the North East and to Newcastle International Airport.

"We are particularly pleased to have made this happen on the back of the problems caused by the recession and the ash cloud crisis. The region has always been strong for us and we see that continuing in the future."

With permission from Travelmole
Gower,

Thanks, I've looked at the tickets and it says B763 for the TCX754k flight, is this a 767?

Phil
Hi

Seems like Thomas Cook need to get their customer service sorted. Booked to LAS (TCX043K and L) from manchester with Direct Holidays. Told couldn't book seats online but managed to do so immediately after booking, although Thomas Cook double charged me for it which they refunded after a long wait to get through on the telephone - their lines are permanently busy.

Received tickets this week which said the seats we had booked were not able to be booked. Rang the airline and was told yes they can be booked even though it says on the seat plan on the ticket that you can't, and they confirmed that we are booked on those seats.

Also noticed i had a diabetic meal booked on the outbound journey but not the return. customer service said not to worry as you cannot book a special meal just one way.

Just hope the flight on Oct 13 is OK!!

Perhaps we will stick to Thomson in the future as we have in the past
Chilton,

The B763 is indeed the Boeing 767-300 Aircraft

Gower
Hi all, I booked a holiday with Direct Holidays who are part of the Thomas Cook group. I have been trying to book "your seat, your choice" online but as it's a DH ref number Thomas Cook website doesn't recognize it. Anyone know how to do this? Don't really want to phone their premium rate number as last time I was on hold for ages.
You need to go to the Thomas cook airlines website sharon not the TC one

http://www.thomascookairlines.co.uk/ click on the on line check box
I did that Lyn but it won't accept my booking reference for some reason. I will give it another go but I have been trying for days. :que
hmm that's odd . My booking was with Direct too and it worked fine . have you tried http://www.saynoto0870.com for an alternative number.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.