Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi...

Sorry, I may be sounding dim. I just opted for 1 bag at £18. From what I remeber it was 36k. So would I be ok to split weight between 2 cases?
your right, my case is 32... but i am presuming i can only take it in one bag... think I may need to purchase extra!
Hi Ruth ... Easyjet allow each fare paying passenger a free hold baggage allowance of 20kgs. However, you need to pay a baggage fee for each item of luggage to be checked in. If you have only paid for one bag, then that is all you can check in. Paying for extra bags does not increase the baggage allowance, each person is still only allowed 20kgs. It just allows you to spread the free allowance between more bags. No single item of baggage can weigh over 32kgs. As things stand at the moment, it appears that the two of you are allowed just one bag between you, which should not exceed 32kgs.

David :wave
Ruth, as you have opted for only 1 case between 2 passengers your allowance is 32kg in 1 case.
Before you purchase any more, remember with Easyjet you have a big hand luggage allowance, another 2 small cabin cases or similar which would give you over 50kg in total. Do you really need more?

Robby :wink:
I'm gutted, there are some cracking deals on flights but sadly I'm stuck to school holiday's... Gutted!!

Do ej fly from Liverpool to DLM? Is it just that they have not been released as yet?
ruth24s,

The options are LPL-BJV, or MAN-DLM. Think that they are all on their system now.
According to an email received this morning from Easyjet, all Summer 2011 seats are now on sale.

I'm still sitting here refreshing my page waiting for london to load. :(
Yes, it seems that their email was a bit premature. Some destinations are still to be loaded to the booking system over the next couple of days.

Was hoping to have a holiday with my son his partner and children.He would be flying from Glasgow to Malaga in June. There is only one flight a day at 6 in morning, and the price is £200 plus pp for a Sat or Sun flight.. As he has not got car at moment, it means a £140 taxi fare. why no late flights enabling him to use public transport?
Sadly Easyjet are simply in the business to make a profit and provide a public service in that order. The timings of flights are not simply dictated by 'out and back' routings but can be the result of different sectors forming a W pattern where flights go to a different sequence of airports during a working day.
Just checked in for our flight to tenerife and have had to input all the API details.

Previously all these details had been retained/stored from our previous flights and we merely had to confirm that they were correct - this was a nice touch as with other airlines you have to input API everytime you fly.

Anyone know if Easyjet are going this way or do they require this details to be completely refreshed every so often.

Regards, Chris
pipefitter,

if they start flights at 6 they can get do 3 round trips a day and get their money's worth out of the planes. But that means they are never at home base for a convenient 09:00 departure. If they were, they would either have to do the first trip really early and run into night flight curfew problems or just do 2 round trips. On many European routes it's often the foreign operators who have the convenient timings because they are doing the same so are landing in the UK around 08:00. The catch is you need an equal flow of traffic to get a choice of airlines and there isn't much of a market for people living in southern Spain wanting to travel to western Scotland! Of the three trips, the first outward will be an early start and the third return will be a late arrival and as you say, these are no use for people on public transport. Pot luck says you only have a 1 in 3 chance of a convenient timed destination. Would it work out cheaper for him if he stayed at a Travelodge or similar near the airport?
No flights showing up after end of March from Bristol to any destination yet :think
I'm still waiting too shirley . Knowing our luck they will appear as soon as we leave for work tomorrow morning .
It's not so bad for me as I'm not planning on booking anything, I just want an idea on prices ;)
Thanks for everyone's input. I know there are factors that effect things like the recession etc, but I seem to remember there were at least 2 possibly 3 summer flights to Malaga on any one day last year. Anyway i have booked them flights from Manchester at a very large saving,allowing him to stay overnight in a travellodge. Pipefitter.
Hi all - I'm waiting for Gatwick - Antalya flights to be released. Anyone got any idea when it might happen? My nerves are in shreds!! ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.