Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Sunaddict wrote:
Monarch are removing IFE from all but their wide bodied aircraft from 1st May.

IFE will no longer be shown on flights on single aisle a/c from 1 June.
IFE will no longer be shown on flights on single aisle a/c from 1 June.

Thanks partyboy. I asked them on FB and they said 1st May. Not that we got any last year on a A330 to Lanzarote!
Monarch to launch new regional base

Monarch has announced a further expansion of its operations across the Midlands with the launch of a new base at East Midlands Airport and also additional flights from Birmingham.

The airline will launch new flights to key leisure destinations across the Mediterranean, including to Malaga, Alicante, Palma and Faro in Portugal from the Midlands in late summer.

In addition, it will expand its operations from Birmingham by adding more flights to Malaga, Alicante, Faro Rome and Palma plus a new route to Barcelona.

Monarch managing director Kevin George said: "In light of recent industry changes, opportunities have opened up in the market. It has become clear that the Midlands will be underserved as a region in the future, and that there is a lack of quality carriers to serve customers travelling from the area.

"As an airline with over 40 years heritage and a stronghold in the Midlands already, the expansion of our existing services from Birmingham and the launch of operations from East Midlands makes perfect sense for Monarch, and accelerates the strategy we announced last year to focus on the development of our scheduled operations into key leisure destinations across the Mediterranean, the Canaries and North Africa."

With permission from Travelmole
Hi flying from manchester to larnica on 14th may with momarch zb648 at 14.55 which plane are we on please.
perrydog,

I'm mobile at the mobile so I'll have to double check in the morning, but ZB648/7 should be Airbus A321-200.

EDIT: confirmed

Darren
Hi all,

Anyone know why Monarch flight ZB564 had approximately 3.5hrs delay before leaving Manchester today? We go in 8 weeks on 3rd July, I like to keep an eye on the departure times to see if they're consistent.........not a good start to the season!!!!!

Thanks all

Mark and Pam
mlinley,

Delays can happen for a multitude of reasons and a delay one day doesn't mean the flight will have the same delay the next. I believe the aircraft was late inbound.

Darren
Hi Dazbo

Totally appreciate the varied nature of delays, and I know what happens one day/week doesn't necessarily happen the next.......I'm just inquisitive as to why this flight had such a long delay, whether that be it had problems inbound overnight from another destination or whether it suffered some kind of technical problem. I believe that operators can get 'bumped' from their allocated take-off slot if they regularly fail to meet their time.....is this the case, or just rumour? Thanks again.

Mark and Pam
mlinley wrote:
is this the case, or just rumour?

It's just rumour. Once you have your allocated slot, you either make it or you don't. They aren't free at slot restricted airports either. Bear in mind delays cost airlines money and they're as inconvenient for them as they are for passengers. Delays happen for a reason but are avoided at all costs and aren't always the fault of airlines. If an airline can't regularly make a particular slot for one reason or another, the slot / departure schedule will likely be changed (if possible). There's no point in having one that can't be met.

Darren
Hi!
Flying to Larnaca from Manchester on June 13th (14.55) and returning on Friday 22nd (arrives at 01.45). Which particular aircraft will that flight be and any recommendations for prebooking a seat -?
Many thanks!
dolphin1790,

MAN-LCA-MAN (ZB648/9) are operated by Airbus A321-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our what Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal preference. All seats, other than extra legroom, offer the same basic facilities so it's whatever you prefer; front, centre back window or isle. There are no 'best' seats.

Darren
21/05 6.10 from gatwick to Alicante

what type is this down as?

thanks
wiggleworth,

Flight Number? ZB264? Airbus A320-200.

Darren
thanks, not sure of flight number, family member going on it

that was the take off time they said

i'll come back sunday for the reg number
Hi.

I have noticed that recently ZB532 has been operated a few times by an A300, is this likely to continue or go back to an A321??

Cheers
wiggleworth wrote:
i'll come back sunday for the reg number

G-OZBB normally but it makes little difference being all the same.

Darren
Cheeky999,

It depends on the dates of travel. Aircraft information posted previous for your flight is correct for your dates.

Darren
11th June 2012 outbound and 18th June 2012 return!!
Hi can anyone tell me what type of headphones are used on the monarch flights to orlando? flight no MON305 tahnks in advance
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.