Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The MON5028 is due to operate on a B757-200. Further information can be found on the What Aircraft Guide. Have a great holiday!
Hello,

Have noticed flight MON1484 LGW to DLA @07.20hrs today is delayed until 15.30.

Can anyone tell me the reason for this delay ?

noticed this flight was delayed last week too - would this be an ongoing issue as i'm going in 2 weeks time and will be traveling from midnight sunday to the airport and dont want a delay like today !!!!

can you tell me what sector this aircraft is completing before is does the MON 1484 ?

Gregg
partyboy_uk wrote:
The MON5028 is due to operate on a B757-200. Further information can be found on the What Aircraft Guide. Have a great holiday!

Fab, thanks!
Gregg,

The aircraft is late inbound and operates MON216/7 from Faro prior to MON1848/5. The MON217 is due in at 1440, hence the delay.

Darren
Thanks Daz

Great to have HT back on the net

gregg
Help required please :-) MAN-PMI (Not booked yet but will be on ZB)

Used to fly Monarch A320/1 regularly to PMI (over the last 9 years) however a few years ago (2008/9 maybe) had a horrendous flight using a wide bodied aircraft with a 3-4-3 configuration, where I barely fitted into the seat & had to sit sideways for the duration of the flight as the armrests didnt manouever either. Just to clarify Im on a plane every 2 weeks and over the years flown many airlines and never had a seat width issue (Im only a little bit chubby!!)
Anyway I have avoided this aircraft and even flown Jet2 last year to PMI which was satisfactory however Im about to book PMI again and Monarch is a good deal cheaper but Ive noticed theyre using an A300 3-3-3 config..My questions are..

*Is this likely to be as tight or even a re-config version of the aircraft I flew last time (meaning the seat width would still be the same)?
*I always book extra leg room last time we were re-stricted to bulkhead seats only for extra legroom, this flight ive noticed its the front section of the cabin this makes me think it is a different aircraft
*I was in row 9 which has leg restrictions anyway (paid for extra leg room too!!) and I realise bulkhead seats can be narrow due to the tray table in the armrest, but if i went with this flight would anyone remember if the armrests are moveable in the other seats?

God I wish I could go on the earlier flight and stick to the A320/1 never had this issue with these seats :(

Any help would be appreciated - Apologies cant remember if the 3-4-3 config flight was Boeing or an Airbus
hellsbells42,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) that might help answer some of your questions. The A300's have the same seat width as the A320/1. I suspect you were on a Boeing 747-200 last time with the 3-4-3 configuration that was used to cover an aircraft with a technical problem as Monarch used to lease them now and then to cover. These were in a high density configuration, hence the tight seats. Extra legroom seats are loacte at various parts of the aircraft, for example bulkhead and exit rows as well as the forward section of the aircraft. Arm rests are movable in seats that aren't on exit / bulkhead rows.

Darren
What a wonderful person you are, glad to hear that as Ive just booked. I ended up getting my flights £100 cheaper by going a day earlier with Monarch and £80 cheaper than Jet2 :cheers very happy

Thanks again X
Hello

We are travelling on Monarch to Lanzarote at the end of June on the following flights:

Outbound - Manchester to Arrecife 25 June ZB626
Inbound - Arrecife to Manchester 5 July ZB547

We have been booked into "extra legroom" seats 10B+C outbound and 5A+B inbound, please can you advise what aircraft are running these flights so I can have a look at how good these seats are?

Ta
davestones,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-ACE-MAN (ZB626/547) are operated by Airbus A321-200 / Airbus A330-200 (or A300B4-605R) respectively. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi all
We have pre booked our seats near the front of the plane (we were advised) that have extra leg room based on a certain layout of plane we assumed we were going to fly on( A321). However we have noticed on a flight radar site, watching the planes that have been used over the weeks, there has been different types of plane. How do we stand regarding our seats? We have paid around £100 for the specific seats near the front because they have more leg room, my son is tall. Will we get a refund if a different plane is used. Even a different company's plane or in fact foreign ones,Air Finland or an Italian one,to be precise. It is worrying for someone cramped on a 4 and half hour flight who is tall, and might add has Aspergers a form of ASD and who likes to know where he is sitting, and likes it to be organized and prepared and we have to sit together. We leave in 2 weeks. Anyone had this on a schedule flight? First time on Monarch.

A concerned Dawnie-Rob
Dawnie-Rob,

The aircraft type you were advised and have selected seats on is the aircraft designated for your flight on your dates of travel. This sometimes varies through the course of a season. You can't go off websites such as Flight Radar as they aren't always accurate and are based on current, not future flights. The information we provide here is based on actual schedules for the information you provide for your flight. Aircraft do of course change for operational reasons from time to time. If an aircraft is changed and you don't get what you have paid for, you'll be refunded normally. I'm more than happy to double check the flight / aircraft if you post all your flight details.

Darren
Hi Darren
Flight details, ZB946 BHX - PFO 1/7/12 - 15:30
ZB947 PFO - BHX 11/7/12 - 21:40

Here are the details, ps Air Finland today, just taken off from Brum

Dawnie-Rob
Dawnie-Rob,

BHX-PFO-BHX (ZB946/7) are scheduled to be operated by Airbus A321-200 as we posted last time. There's no change. It appears a substituted aircraft has been used today and on 9th June due to a technical problem with the scheduled aircraft. The Air Finland Boeing 757-200 (OH-AFM) operating today has the same basic layout as the Monarch aircraft so you'd notice little difference.

Darren
Hi Darren
Are the seats on the 757 near the front got the extra leg room like the 321 ( we are in Row 5 on the right side of the plane layout of the Monarch, like I mentioned, when we booked we were told up and including row 5, the legroom was slightly bigger. Sorry if I am going on a bit, just concerned about my son.

Dawn
Dawnie-Rob,

I wouldn't read too much in to this change. It's an isolated case due to a technical problem and if an aircraft is sub-chartered to cover a flight, it could be anything and not necassarily the one used today. For example, the sub-charter on 9th June was an Italian Boeing 767, a much larger aircraft than the A321. Unless there's a problem on the day, you'll be flying on the aircraft originally specified.

Darren
Hi Darren
Thank you for all your time and help, hopefully it will be ok on the day, still nervous a bit. Last time I spoke to you I was concerned with delays, one I observed on line was 15 hours. Anyway thanks again.

Dawn :wave
Hi PARTY BOY PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME?!!!! :) pleaseeeeeeee

I am flying BHX - FUE 4th July with Monarch....

I heard the seat pitch is terrible and decided to google it... Now I'm PETRIFIED!

I'm a larger lady and haven't had a problem before, albeit snug fit!

I was going to book extra legroom in row 3/4? Where would you recommend?

Also is it true the seat pitch is 16"?

Thank you so much in advance any information is greatly appreciated.
Seat pitch is not 16", a midget couldn't get their legs in that space lol. Usually about 28" standard and the extra legroom rows are 34"
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.