Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
meyrick,

I thought you said you were on the same flight back (TOM6604/5)? If you're on the other flight inbound (TOM6371), then yes, you'll be on a 73H out and 75W in.

Darren
sutty939,

They operate a mixed fleet of aircraft with some flights operated by ex-FCA and some by ex-TOM. They have aircraft based all over the place and are rotated regularly. They don't have all ex-FCA at Gatwick for example and all ex-TOM at MAN. They normally have one of each plus a 3rd 'floater' but it various over the seasons. Your flights are operated by an ex-FCA as per the seating plan.

Darren
Miss Pink,

It looks like the link has been removed from the website for some reason.

Darren
soldemar,

Welcome onboard :tup
It depends on the aircraft assigned to your flight, but row 28 is an exit row and therefore can't be booked unless you pay for extra legroom seating (restrictions apply). Arm rests lift up in the economy cabin apart from at exit rows. You don't get pillows and blankets in ecomony these days, but limited supplies are available on request. Children won't really benefit from the premium cabin as they won't appreciate the extra seat pitch and complimentory drinks like adults will.

Darren
little me,

You'll need an adapter if you want to use your own headphones onboard the Boeing 757-200's (winglets). Adapters are't available on the flights.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Miss Pink,

It looks like the link has been removed from the website for some reason.

Darren

Oh OK thanks Dazbo - not just me then - shame I was going to have a nosey about to see what was available on board etc
Miss Pink,

It's just the usual perfumes, alcohol and tobacco really, nothing out of the ordinary. It's Alpha shopping so if you check out what Thomas Cook offer, it's pretty much the same.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
Miss Pink,

It's just the usual perfumes, alcohol and tobacco really, nothing out of the ordinary. It's Alpha shopping so if you check out what Thomas Cook offer, it's pretty much the same.

Darren

I didn't know that about Thomas Cook will go and have a look see - I know it's ususal stuff - but it is part and parcel of the holiday, buying stuff I don't need. Thanks Darren x
Thanks Darren,

This is a really good site that I have just discovered.

The aircraft will be Tom 767/300R V2. When I looked on the seating plan, row 28 didnt look like an exit row but I was wondering why it was block on the way out and back.
I have chosen seats 26 A and B and 27 A and B so I was wondering what I was going to have behind. Sometimes they use expecific seats for the crew. I am also hoping that the seats will have windows.

It is good to know that you can lift up the arms in economy as it will be better for my little boys to be able to sleep and lye on our laps.
I believe in Premium they are statics, isnt it?

Do you know anything about children's meals?

Also I just remember, what type of headphones they give you, if they give you any? Just wondering if I will need to buy any for the boys to be able to watch their programmes.

Sorry to have to ask so many questions, I have travel all over the world due to my job but now with children things are not as easy but I still want them to see the world.

Thanks again
Gema
soldemar,

The rows you've selected aren't used by crew and all have windows in that area of the aircraft. Seats in the premium cabin are of a different design to those in economy. Premium seats have fixed arm rests as the tray-tables fold out from them rather than being on the seat back. I don't have the meal list at the moment and I don't travel with kids so don't see them. If it's the saussage and mash, it's one of the better meals they have available. Headphones on long haul are complimentory and are of the in-ear design. If you don't like them (I find them uncomfortable for long flights), you can take ones from previous flights or your own as long as you have the adapter for them.

Darren
Darren,

Thank you for all your information, it really has help!!

Cheers!
Gema
No, im going for 11 days so im going on two different flight numbers, thank you for the info.
Daz you know everything about our planes :) thank god :) but do you know what meals we are getting :)
Daz you know everything about our planes :) thank god :) but do you know what meals we are getting :)

That isn't such a silly question really.

I don't eat Chicken and have emailed thomson to tell them so.

Last year whilst flying premium to Jamaica with Thomas Cook, i had a choice of Chicken or Chicken, i ended up with some vegetarian meal that resembled Pavement Pitza, and although i don't know what that tastes like..........I imagine it was very similar.
liana wrote:
Daz you know everything about our planes thank god but do you know what meals we are getting

That's one thing I can't tell you I'm afraid as it depends on your destination and time of flight.

ironman wrote:
I don't eat Chicken and have emailed thomson to tell them so.

If you dont eat chicken (members of the party I travel with don't either), it's best to contact the airline and request a different meal. They have plenty of options. I'm told the vegetarian option isn't particularly good. The low fat option (diet) is chicken at the moment so don't opt for that. It's quite good however, as is the saussage and mash. A couple of examples:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/IMG_9543.jpg
Saussage, hash brown and omelette breakfast

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/IMG_0522.jpg
Sauassage and mash evening meal

You can choose meal options online on their website.

Darren
Darren,

Is the food much different when travelling Premium?

Regards,
Pat
pat,

Not a lot really. It's just a slight upgrade (4 course instead of 3) over the economy meals.

Darren
i am flying to punta cana dr on 16th of october and was just wondering what plane it my be
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.