Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi again

Anyone know which B757 would be used on flight TOM4642 from LGW to LPA? I know its a bit early, we fly 10/7

Winglets or no winglets :think
joe3400,

Aircraft are rotated regularly so it's too early to know.

Darren
Cheers Dazbo
Just thought it might be one of the LGW hub a/c.

joe
We are due to fly TOM714 to Dalaman 5th July,return 19th TOM715 can you tell me what inflight films will be shown,
hi
have been lurking around for acouple of mouths, this is afab site have found tonns of informations thanks alot everybody
we fly to sanford on 5/9/10 from bristol flight no tom586 have got premium upgrade what i'm asking is which plane are we on and also is it an ex first choice or 1 of the thomsons thanks alot in advance
michelle
loobysue,

The July/August IFE listings are not out yet. Keep an eye out for BY-TOM-AMM-FCA's Post when they become available towards the end of this month.

Gower
missey mtm,

Your flight will be operated using a Boeing 767-300/ER from the former First Choice fleet.

More information on our What Aircraft? Guide (link in my signature)

Gower
Can someone please advise what aircraft will be used on the following flights:
"¢15th Sept GLA-SSH TOM712
"¢29th Sept SSH-GLA TOM713

Thanks
callumdougan,

GLA-SSH-GLA (TOM712/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200 (winglets). Further aircraft information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
shjo558,

Specific aircraft rotate regularly so it's difficult to say this far in advance. It's currently a former First Choice aircraft (G-OOBI), but that's subject to change. The 'old' First Choice aircraft are actually the same age or younger than the former Thomsonfly fleet.

Darren

:think

The ex-First Choice aircraft are quite a bit older than the ex-Thomsonfly 767's, with a delivery date of 92-95 vs 97-00 the ex-First Choice just had a complete cabin refit more recently, the frames themselves are shall we say a little more "experienced" than the ex-Tfly aircraft.
BY-TOM-AMM-FCA wrote:
Thomsonfly 767's

It's the 757 fleet we were discussing rather than the 767.

Darren
Just managed to find out what Films will be showing on Thomson Fly Long haul flights for July and August 2010.

Outbound
Alice in Wonderland*
Green Zone*
From Paris With Love*
Harry Potter 5: The Order of the Phoenix*
Cop Out
Valentine's Day
How to Train Your Dragon
Harry Potter 6: The Half Blood Prince
Not the Messiah: He's a very naughty boy

Inbound
Clash of the Titans*
The Bounty Hunter*
The Wolfman*
Date Night
Street Dance
Nanny McPhee and the Big Bang
Free Willy 4
Brooklyn's Finest

* = Premium or upgraded Films
Hi
I just noticed on another forum (on another website) there's a possibility Thomsons are stopping Premium Economy - I hope they're wrong or I've misunderstood. Does anyone know if this is true? :(
Thanks
I've not heard anything about Thomsons getting rid of premium only Thos Cooks. I do hope Thomsons don't.
BethR,

As Sunaddict mentions, it's Thomas Cook that have withdrawn premium cabins from Summer 2011. Premium seats on long haul flights are onsale as normal for Thomson Airways. Expect them to be a little more expensive though due to to APD increases for premium seats.

Darren
Thanks to both of you. It's good news that they aren't stopping PE. Maybe not so good it's going to be dearer.

:wave
BethR,

The seats themselves won't be, but the air passenger duty is increasing in line with business / first class unless the coalition government decides not to impose it, but that's unlikely. We'll see in the next budget.

Darren
Have paid to pre-book seats when originally booked holiday. My understanding is that I can book 7 days prior to departure. I can also pay an additional £6 per person (presume per flight) to book seats prior to the 7 days. Is it worth booking earlier than 7 days - will all the seats be gone for me to book if I leave it to the 7 day before deal?? Any suggestions??
Pre Booking seats and when you do it is really down to whether you are willing to take a gamble, chances are many passengers will do it prior to 7 days before so there may be a limited selection left, of course it depends on the flight and the number of seats available anyway.

For Friday this week for example there are 40% of flights with less than 10 seats available to book using select a seat whilst there are 60% with more than 10.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.