Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Newbie01,
Do you work for the airline?
You'll be making Darren et al out of work on here soon!
Don't suppose you've got any inside info on TOM632 on 28/5 and return 4/6 TOM633 as to whether these are 752 or 738?
Cheers.
Thanks for the swift advice newbie01

2 further questions.
A)We're travelling for 11 nights so you may have noticed a different code for the return leg. Will this be 737 800 too?
B)I'm told that some of the 738 have a brand new Boeing Skyline intereror. Do you think I'll be on one of those?

Again, many thanks. ;)
strid,

Welcome onboard :tup
As I mentioned on PPRuNe, your flights (TOM894/547) are operated by Boeing 737-800 (winglets) and Egypt aren't classified as long haul. They are short (medium) haul flights. You'll find extensive aircraft information including seating plans, aircraft and cabin photos, and the current IFE on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Pretty much all the information you're looking for. The 73H's are fine for a flight of that length as they have the slimline Recaro seats fitted and so give you a little extra room over the seats on the short haul 76W's. Only the newly delivered 73H's have the sky interior with the latest just having gone in to service.

Darren
rhodgreen wrote:
You'll be making Darren et al out of work on here soon!

That's not a problem considering everything is voluntary and we do it around full time work (don't tell my boss!!)

rhodgreen wrote:
Don't suppose you've got any inside info on TOM632 on 28/5 and return 4/6 TOM633 as to whether these are 752 or 738?

73H's.

Darren
Hi Darren,
I posted a couple of weeks ago asking what aircraft where used on the following flight:
TOM 714 MAN - DLM
TOM 567 DLM - MAN
You told me that they where operated by a 767 (outbound) and 757 (inbound)
I have just gone on to flight extras to see if i could pre book my seats (I know i'm early!!) and outbound was 47 rows and 2-4-2 so 767, but inbound was 32 rows? Is this right?? Isn't 32 rows a 737-800?
I do actually hope it is a 737 because they are way better than the old 757's
Thanks
pallan :)
pallan,

An odd flight has changed since I got the original aircraft schedule. MAN-DLM-MAN (TOM714/567) are operated by a Boeing 767-304/ER (short haul / winglets) / Boeing 737-800 respectively (the -804 / non-winglets at the moment with the older style seat).

Darren
Did we upset Newbie01?!
(thanks as per usual Darren)
Hi flying to cancun from gatwick on 23rd july, you have already confirmed it will be an ex first choice 737.

can you confirm if row 9 premier seats fully recline or if it has a wall behind them?
CHLOE83,

You'll not be flying to Cancun on a 737! Not without a couple of fuel stops and going the long way round anyway. It's a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER you're flying on (TOM078/79), a much larger aircraft with twice the range in normal configuration. All seats have full recline in premium, even though there's a wall behind row 9.

Darren
Hi we are travelling from Birmingham on 26th June to Sharm on TOM232 and return on 10th July on TOM233, could you please let me know which aircraft we will be on? Thanks in advance.
Hello again.
Does anyone know how much the headphones cost with Thomson? Can they be bought cheaper with a 3rd party?
There's four of us, trying to cut back - more moony for Vodka :cheers
strid,

Headphones are £2.75 per set or £8 for a family pack (4 sets) the last time I travelled. You can use any headphones apart from wireless one, but you'll need to purchase an aircraft adapter (twin mono to stereo) beforehand if you don't have one. They're about £2 from Asda or electronics stores like Maplin.

Darren
crystell,

BHX-SSH-BHX (TOM232/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks dazbo. Family pack of headphones it is then.
Hiya,

I am flying out to Punta Cana on May 28th from Newcastle. TOM676

Could you please help me with the following questions.

Firstly what plane will it be? i know it is a 2-4-2 config as i booked my seats to make sure i sat with my daughter and secondly i heard that it flys to Manchester to fuel? is this true? will we be sat on the tarmac for a few hours before getting on our way?

Thank you :-)
Sophie,

Your flight (TOM676/7) is operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER (winglets). You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Your flight should be non-stop, but fuel stops in MAN on the outbound take an hour.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.