Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Browndog,

LGW-ACE-LGW (TOM4766/7) is showing as a Boeing 737-800 (winglets).

Darren
This may sound a daft question - but here goes! We have booked to fly from Manchester to Sal (Cape Verde) with Thomson next May (yes, I know it is a long time off) and I have read reviews that seem to say the planes used are 'small'! Can someone tell me what type it is likely to be, please! I am not the best flier in the world so may do the pre-booked seats.

Thanks in advance. :wave:
Hi,

Flying to Cancun on Sunday 6th November from Gatwick on TOM022 (departing CUN on TOM093 17/11) any ideas on the aircraft reg ?

Many thanks

:sun2
prawn,

There's no such thing as a daft question if you don't know the answer! Cape Verde flights are operated by Boeing 757-200. These aren't exactly jumbo jets, but at 113,400kg maximum take off weight, they aren't exactly small either. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
garrydan,

We won't know the aircraft registration until the day before. Given all the aircraft have the same interior (apart from the position of the over wing exit on G-OOAN), it makes little difference.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I only wanted to know as we have booked premium seats and believe that we might be changed to an ex Thomson 767 with less premium economy seating and therefore be bumped to economy. Can I please ask you on Saturday ?

Thank you
garrydan,

You can and if i have the information to hand, I'll let you now.

Darren
TOM1558 Newcastle to Tenerife South on 2.12.11
and
TOM637
Barbados to Newcastle on 18.12.11

Hello again - just wondering if there was any more news on the aircraft to be used for the flights please !!

Thanks
I'm flying LGW-SSH-LGW in a few weeks, TOM858 24/11 and TOM859 on 04/12. I know both flights are 757s, does anyone know whether these will be operated by ex-TOM or FCA aircraft?

Also, at what point will be able to tell what specific aircraft will operate these? (i'm sad like that ;) )

Thanks
bjones4,

Aircraft are swapped and changed pretty much weekly so it's too far to know this far in advance.

Darren
Hi Darren,would you by any chance know yet whether TOM 048/49 23/11 LGW CUN is operated by ex FCA OR TOM?? thanks in advance
nurmag1,

It was an ex-FCA (G-PJLO) today.

Darren
Hi all,

Was just wondering what aircraft is scheduled to operate TOM 4356/7 LGW-FUE-LGW on November 30th (outbound) and December 7th (inbound) - according to Flightstats it's been an A320 for most of October, but was a 757 yesterday... is this a change for the whole season?

Thanks in advance!
GoldenKnight,

October is the summer season, November through to end of April is the winter season so aircraft types are often changed due to different demands. LGW-FUE-LGW (TOM4356/7) are showing as a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Thanks Darren, that was what I thought - one more question though... I heard about the IFE being withdrawn from the start of this winter season, but do you know if they still show the in-flight statistics/route maps on the screens?
GoldenKnight,

On the ex-FCA, they might still be shown. PSP's pre-loaded with games and movies are available for hire at £7.50.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.