Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
groovybaby,

When heading south, you'd want to be on the starboard (right) side so you'll be looking west towards the setting sun.

groovybaby wrote:
Also I thought starboard was right and portside was left?

That'll teach me to double check posts before pressing submit : :whoops

Darren
Hi

I'm going from Gatwick - Bodrum in early August on TOM428 - thomson's website is useless for flight info, do you know if it will be a 757 or an A321 or something else.

Thanks
Ben123planes,

Welcome onboard :tup
LGW-BJV-LGW (TOM428/9) should be operated by an Airbus A321-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Many airlines don't publish aircraft types attributed to routes as they can change and many passengers aren't fussed. It's only us!

Darren
Thanks for the quick reply, do you think there would be a cance of getting two window seats as having four passengers on a 3x3 is annoying - what with two of us wanting awindow seat! We havn't shelled out £70 on the 50% chance on us maybe having the seats in the vague area we asked for... :que
Ben123planes,

Seats are pre-allocated using a best fit model the day before the flight departs. If you haven't pre-selected seats, you'll just get whatever you are given after those that have pre-booked and pre-selected their seats have been taken in to account. Most are allocated seating together, but for peace of mind, you can pre-book seating together. If you want particular seats, you'll need to pre-select them. There are no guarantees unless you pre-book / select and no choosing seats at check-in as they are allocated the day before. Refer to Thomsons website for further details.

Darren
Hello! Newbie here!!

Just wonderred whether you could tell me what aircraft is operation LTN-SSH 19/01/12 SSH-LTN 26/01/12

I have prebooked seats 17 a/b please tell me I have window....or have i mucked up?

Many Thanks

londonlad
londonlad76,

Welcome onboard :tup
Please quote flight numbers where possible as there are sometimes more than one flight. This ensures we get the correct information for you. LTN-SSH-LTN (TOM852/3) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You'll have a window, but it may only be a partial view as there are 2 rows in that region that have air conditioning and wiring routed.

Darren
Will try and change booking......gotta have a window......im a scardey flier!

Just rang to change to 20a/b they said 737-800?

thanks for ur advice m8!
londonlad76 wrote:

Flight logs are showing a 757-200 for TOM852/3. G-BYAL was used on 5th Jan and G-BYAU on the 3 flights prior to that. Unless that was just for the christmas period and it's reverting back to a 73H. You have the ones you want anyway!

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
londonlad76 wrote:

Flight logs are showing a 757-200 for TOM852/3. G-BYAL was used on 5th Jan and G-BYAU on the 3 flights prior to that. Unless that was just for the christmas period and it's reverting back to a 73H. You have the ones you want anyway!

Darren

Hi Darren,

Many thanks for your help.....i'll get what i'll get! as long as as i have a window :)
cheers!
Hiii :tup
I know it's abit of a long shot but any idea what type of aircraft will be operating the BHX-IBZ TOM7166 on september 10th at 6.20am :cheers
thankyou in advance
Ashley-BHX,

BHX-IBZ-BHX (TOM7166/7) are normally a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Can't seem to find the Thomson flight number to give you, but wondered if you could tell me which aircraft is planned for :

Fri 9/3/12 LGW - Sharm el Sheikh 10.15am departure
return Sharm - LGR Monday 19/3/12 17.55

Many thanks as always

Lisa
LisaMJ,

LGW-SSH-LGW (TOM494/235) are operated by Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Hi,

Can anyone advise, we are flying Glasgow to Cancun 28th August Premium Class, are there any seats to avoid in Premium cabin or what ones are the best. Dont know which to select when the time comes. Made a booboo th last time I choose so thought Id get some advice from those in the know.

Thanx

Gail
geemac,

GLA-CUN-GLA should be operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER. All premium seats, apart from those on the front row, offer the same basic facilities so there are no best or worst seats. It's very much personal preference, so whatever you prefer. The ones on the front row have IFE screens and tray-tables that fold from the arm rest and have a bulkhead in front. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Hi all,

Flying LGW - MLE - LGW on TOM054 on 6th May in Premium Class and was looking for seat reccomendations. Looking for a good view of the atols on arrival and would prefer no bulkheads. Im also wondering if it's a Tomson or ex First Choice plane scheduled.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rich
richstrat,

LGW-MLE-LGW (TOM054/5) are operated by a former First Choice Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft informtion on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). You'll find an approach photo in to MLE if you click on the aircraft type taken from the starboard (right) side. Any window seat will give good views on approach and take-off. You'll get much better views from the sea planes if you're flying to your resort, examples here. Depending on the route, you won't see as much on approach, but get some great views from the port (left) side of the aircraft on deaparture, assuming the northerly runway is in use at the time. The only seats I'd say avoid are row 9 in premium as there's no window on that row. Row 2 are bulkhead by the windows so any of rows 3-8 and you'll be fine.

Darren
Hello can you tell me what aircraft and how full man to cancun Tom196 23 may 06.15

thanks david :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.