Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Darren & co.,
Three questions please?
1. What aircraft will be based at Bournemouth this summer? Is it just the one bird? We are on TOM598 03.05.12 to Antalya.
I'm assuming a 738 - would love to try the new interiors!
2. Any ideas what will be doing TOM4342 LGW<>Kos on 30.05.12 please? Depending on config can anyone confirm what the rules are regarding allocations of infants e.g. 1 per row etc? There are 2 infants in our party of 12 (10 adults/kids), had issues previously when got moved during taxi to seats with enough emergency oxygen masks!!
3. Am I right in saying that TOM have now dropped IFE on short haul?
Thank you in advance!
Hi Darren and co,

Can you please tell me what aircraft we will be on flying Manchester to Cancun 11th April 12 TOM196, also is the inflight entertainment listing available yet?

Many Thanks
jojocircus,

MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM196/7) are operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft Guide (link below). The current IFE listing is for January / February is linked their. March / April won't be released until the beginning of March. I'll update the link as soon as I get it.

Darren
rhodgreen,

BOH is one Boeing 737-800 for Summer 2012. LGW-KGS-LGW (TOM4342/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800 (winglets). There's 1 infant per row as far as I know. There's no IFE on short haul now. Further information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Thanks very much for the quick reply, I hope I am not being really stupid but I can't see the IFE listings nor where I can view a seating plan of the okane when I go through that link??
jojocircus,

Click on the link in my signature and scroll down to the Thomson Airways section. Aircraft photos are linked from the first paragraph and seating plans in the third. The IFE list is at the end of the third paragraph along with screenshots. Depending on your browser, links are in blue.

Darren
Hello

can you tell me what aircraft I will be flying on from Manchester - Cancun - Manchester departing on 12th May and returning on 26th May 2012 flights

TOM 144/145

Many Thanks

Colin
victhel,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-CUN-MAN (TOM144/5) are operated by a Boeing 767-300/ER, and should be a former First Choice Aircraft. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? Guide (link below).

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
rhodgreen,

BOH is one Boeing 737-800 for Summer 2012. LGW-KGS-LGW (TOM4342/3) are operated by Boeing 737-800 (winglets). There's 1 infant per row as far as I know. There's no IFE on short haul now. Further information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren

Darren, my annual thank you to you.
Thank you.
Hello Darren and Co.

Can't believe there are so many queries about flights to Cancun recently.

Well, here's one more! Can you tell me what plane will be used for TOM48 (LGW-CUN) 18 April?

Thanks

John
Darren,

Regarding my enquiry about TOM48 (LGW-CUN) on 18 April, is it too early to know the route that plane will operate immediately before my flight.

John
Hi Darren & co

Was wondering if you would be able to tell me what aircraft will be operating Glasgow to Sanford - TOM518/519 (7th-21st May)

Many thanks :)
Ang
pizzajohn,

LGW-CUN-LGW (TOM048/9) are operated by ex-FCA Boeing 767-300/ER. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft Guide (link below). The aircraft operates LGW-Montego Bay-LGW(TOM030/1) beforehand.

Darren
crisan9,

Welcome onboard :tup
GLA-SFB-GLA (TOM518/9) are normally operated by a former Thomonfly Boeing 767-304/ER (283 seats, long haulm winglets). You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft Guide (link below).

Darren
For our annual chill-out we are booked to fly MAN>CUN on TOM144 on 30th Jun and back on TOM145 on 14th July.
If you could answer a few questions it would be great:

Presumably it is a 767, but is it too early to know if it will be ex TOM or ex FCA?
Likewise, is it possible to see which flight the plane will be operating beforehand?
Have any 767s been taken out of (or added to) the fleet since last summer? I seem to recall talk of Boeing substituting some newer planes as compensation for the 787 delays when there were a few reliability issues last year.

Thanks for all your assistance.
paulbos,

Refer to my post to victhel above. I won't know the inbound aircraft until May. It's the same 6 airframes.

Darren
If you book BA they tell you which aircraft it will use.
Why can't Thomson tell us the same info?

I like this site, but I'm getting fed up with "which plane from Rochdale/Halifax airport to Benidorm International" type of questions.
Sorry to sound grumpy!

I'm flying to Cagliari in June on Easyjet. Will the plane be a Airbus? Oh no, now I'm at it!!!!
Qman wrote:
but I'm getting fed up with "which plane from Rochdale/Halifax airport to Benidorm International" type of questions.

Given this topic is concerned with Thomson Airways and flying on their aircraft, it shouldn't be of any surprise really to have such questions. It's what the topic is here for. Maybe you can start a topic of conversation other than what aircraft operates on which flight?

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.