Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: Thomas Cook
1042 Posts
Just back from a Thomas Cook trip. Tickets stated initial and surname and also age (but not date of birth).
Hello all, I've been looking at some hotels in Varadero, Cuba but it proves quite hard to get a TA to provide holidays there ...

Looks like Thomas Cook, First Choice and Thomson don't propose any more Varadero for winter 2010-2011.

Anybody's got more about it ?

Thanks a lot in advance !

Julmops
Julmops

You may get a better response if you also post the question in the Caribbean forum.

luci :wave
Pretty sure Thomas Cook are going to Varadero winter 2010/2011. Fortnightly flights.
Hi guys !

Found them again ...

They had gone for some reason last night but the offers are back online now ...

Thanks !

Julien
Of to Cuba in 3 weeks and managed to book my seats months ago, however my friends who are on same flight have been trying for weeks and weeks to book their seats but just keep getting told that they can't do it - anyone know what is going on?
oap

I would suggest re-posting in the Thomas Cook topic in the Flights forum as it is a flight rather than a package holiday question.

luci :wave
hi all....I have booked a family package holiday with thomascook in a shop...booked early and got a great deal...only family rooms available when booking....and so 2 of our party are in a room for 2-4 people...now there could be another family member we would like to join us....they could join the 2 people in the family room....so only the plane seat could be an issue..

Any one else added another person in this way...would they do a fresh booking...or just add them on for per person price....tweetie
Hi ,
Whilst pricing holidays for this year I have noticed that Thomas Cook have reduced the cost of their inflight meals.Seems to me a bit unfair to those that have booked and paid for them prior to them deciding to reduce them.They are after all an extra that can be added to a booking after you make your initial booking.What do other people think??.
Very good point tweetie! TC have had a lot of complaints about the price of the inflight of meals and a lot/most customers were opting out of having them which is why they've lowered the price I think.
tweetie pie,

how far in advance did you book? i got sucked into a deal with tcx last january. that was to book for our wedding in the dominican republic when i fly in 2 days! (excited!!!) BUT thats 1 year and 4 months in advance. you'd think plenty of availability!!!!

APPARENTLY NOT!

we were told that there was only 3 double rooms, 6 quad rooms and 10 seats available on the flight! thought this was a bit crazy as it was SO far in advance! with it being a wedding and finding the perfect place, i didnt want to jepodise it and booked.

my friend who works in bradford for them, then told me that their system on "releases" certain amounts of rooms and seats at a time to make a high pressure sale. if they said they had 30 rooms free and a full aircraft free we could have looked into it a little more.

turns out its £400 cheaper a few weeks ago, than what it was at time of booking... haha best not tell the others!

hope this helps someone when it comes to booking with tcx in the future.

claire x

p.s. yes, we added people this way too......... it brings the cost down. i think usually they use a 3/4 capacity in their room system. in that if 2 people use a room for 4, they pay a supplement for the room. however when we put 4 in one room we had a cheaper deal as the room was full. if your booking is months is advance, getting a plane seat shouldnt be an issue.
hi....I know airtours and thomascook are same company now but are their terms and conditions the same also.........I booked a holiday for family last oct for this july...found it on thomascook online...but was price matched by our local thomascook shop.....it was an airtours package holiday to gran caneria....flights are thomas cook airlines

one of our party has since become pregnant....she would be 33wks pregnant on day of return flight...and is still really looking forward to going as were off to a nice chill out holiday......I went on the net and checked it out on thomascook site and it says 34wks on return is latest they allow....checked thomas cook airlines site who we are flying with and it says the same 34wks.....shop phoned me about brouchers for next year and I got her to check it out as well....and she found the same information

Our expectant mum phoned the shop to check for herself....and was told no airline or tour operator will take her after 24wks ....she contacted me worried she couldnt go with us...

So what is the truth of the matter....is there some restriction with airtours I or the other girl in the shop cant find.....are thomas cook airlines different from the thomas cook charter flights on a package holiday......I really need to get this sorted soon as need pay balance in a few weeks ....tweetie
Hi Tweetie Pie

According to the FlyThomasCook website a doctors letter is required if 29 - 34 weeks pregnant to confirm how many weeks and if fit to fly.
This information is in the FAQs for the airline. - Hope this is of some help.

PS. Make sure she has informed her insurance and is covered for any unforseen event.
According to the website summer 2011 on sale in 2 days ;-)
Ive got the brochures, nothing much new unfortunately, Tropical is loosing the Maldives, and thats about the only major change.
Ive got the brochures, nothing much new unfortunately, Tropical is loosing the Maldives, and thats about the only major change.

The Maldives are still in the Tropical Shores, granted not as many hotels.
The Maldives are still in the Tropical Shores, granted not as many hotels.

Not from May 2011 however. On sale until April 2011
Does anyone know when susesi ( belek) will be on sale for next summer ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.