Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: First Choice
754 Posts
By "keys" do you mean the luggage tabs? Tear them out and one is for your suitcase and the other for hand luggage.
danielle,
Yes FC will match the price, well my local FC shop did, if you go back to Page 17 on this thread you will find my comments that I posted.

Angie.
Thanks angie, i'll give it a try with them :)
Also, I know its a way ahead because its only like Feb now but does anyone know when FC usually begin their summer holiday sales? Want to get a rough idea of prices for 2010!!

thanks for any help
set of gitts....

we are gutted..we were due to go on 4th March to paradise island with 1st Choice. They have just written to us and said that there is loads of construction work and the reef is out of bounds etc...so to contact them to find an alternative..so we did..and there isn't..they offered us Fuertaventrua for chuffs sake...we were going on a diving holiday..

what do I do next??

need to post this in loads of sections..Surely i have a claim for compensation..they have told me if we book another holiday with Thomsons or whoever, we will have to pay for it first and then claim our money back...

we have saved for a year for this holiday of a lifetime... :cry
My holiday with First Choice was cancelled to the Dom. Rep from Gatwick but I could either have a full refund or rebook other dates. It was a stressful time as holidays to our preferred hotel were quite limited. We are now flying from Manchester 10 days earlier. Our 1st holiday dates were booked last June, but Thomson who they have merged with have been streamlining their routes, as there are too little aircraft available with double the routes.
We did not have to book another holiday first then claim back the money they just transfered the monies over to our other holiday.

Angie.
Justval,

Sorry to hear of your problems, I don't blame you for being upset at that. But look on the bright side, at least they notified you of the work beforehand. Imagine how you'd feel if you got there to find the building work and reef closed. There must be other alternatives than Fuertaventrua? There's some good diving in the Canaries at this time of year, plenty of Angel Sharks to play with but the water is about 10 degrees colder than the Indian Ocean! I'm sure they have availability somehwere in the Caribbean region, I'd speak to them again. You're presumably departing from Gatwick? I've checked their website and there's availaility for Mexico, Aruba, Dominican Republic and Antigua around your original dates. I dived Antigua last year, that's pretty good and the southern side of the Dom Rep is quite good too, I dived there in 2003. What about Kenya? I'm off there in 3 weeks and will be spending half my time under the waves (in search of Sharks!) and the other on safari. I know there's plenty of availability where I'm staying. The only claim you have is for a full refund or an alternative holiday they offer you to an equal value.

Darren

PS I got my tickets from First Choice this morning for Kenya!
Val,Would it be worth you going to an Independent Travel Agent such as Hays or Richard Wallace and asking them if they can find you a suitable holiday.?
Off to CUBA in a couple of weeks - we have received the tickets but no tourist/visa cards; Anyone who has been recently, did you get yours in time??? :que
They will follow about 10 days before you go
Hi
We received an email yesterday saying that we were late booking paying our 'top up deposit' for our July 2009 holiday. We have 72 hours to pay or they will cancel our holiday.
Ok but we have already paid this on 23rd Januaray by credit card (as advised). We have our receipts and statements to prove this, and of course I contacted FC, who blamed a ticketing error for emailing us, and that everything is fine with our booking.
I am still worried that a system error may cancel our holiday (I even offered to pay the balance there and then on the phone, rather than lose it}.
I was told not to worry, We won't lose our holiday.
Do I take their word for it? How can I be sure? :que
Yesterday, I went into the First Choice office near me and picked up a Tropical Brochure for May 2009 to April 2010 (third edition).

I opened it up with great excitement, looking for my favourite hotel in Goa and was extremely upset that it was not there. Not only that several others had also disappeared.

I have a special birthday next year and I wanted to celebrate it by staying at the Majorda Beach Resort again.

Is it possible that First Choice have dropped these hotels permanently or is it that they haven't negotiated new contracts with those hotels not shown but will eventually appear in further editions of the brochure?

Generally, does anyone know how many editions are issued for a brochure?
You'll be ok. Letters are normally generated automatically and errors happen from time to time. You've done all you can; called First Choice who've confirmed payment.

Darren
If you have the booking reference and the surname of the lead booker I think you can check your account online to make sure the full deposit is shown.
Sydney have you thought about contacting the hotel yourself you may get it cheaper..
Hi Sleeps, yes I have contacted the hotel and the cost of the hotel is quite a lot cheaper, however, when I add on the flight it isn't any cheaper.

We would much rather go with a tour operator.

The hotel have told us that Jewel in the Crown use them and having checked their website it appears they use 'you know who' airlines - if you know who I mean? This isn't too much of a problem as we are both short, although I am round like a bowling ball!

Sheila.
Thank you Hippyjak.

At present, I cannot get a price for any date I input, so I will leave it a few days and try it again.

Sheila
Does anyone know when first choice will be bringing out prices online or through their brochures for holidays departing after April 2010?

Thanks
Last year it was April 16th, as I went for a preview evening at my local FC shop, but with the merger now who knows when the brochures will be out, especially with all the cancelled holidays that have been going on, with the company streamlining their routes.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.