Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: First Choice
754 Posts
Hi SomersetSuzie

I have been on the FC site everyday for the last 10 or so and it works fine for me, the only problem is the price keeps going up

It must be catching, I can't access the FC site at all today :( and a search on the Thomson website for 14 days in the Maldives next year bring only one result - 11 days in Cancun :que
Quick update, they must have been off line while the systems were being updated, the prices have certainly been UPdate, Maldives price has gone up by another £200 :(
We've not got our tickets yet and we go Monday. Apparently thy had some query on it (which no one spoke to us about), so it weren't till my partners mum went in to ask about them. They said then they'd sort it out, then last sunday they called her to say they needed to confirm the names as it was a group bookings and that they don't normally sort out group bookings till last minute. They then told us the tickets would be in by today the latest and if they are not they give us a letter so we can pick up the tickets on the day!!! my partner's mum has been going in every day this week and still nothing, don't fel to comfortable with getting the tickets on the day!!
gemsey,

They'll be at the airport waiting for you, don't worry. and have a great holiday :cheers :sun2

Darre
Gemsey,
we have picked our tickets up a few time from the airport never had any trouble. Dont worry and enjoy your holiday
Its just been confirmed we'll have to pick up our tickets at the airport. His mum jinxed us saying something would go wrong. We've been waiting for this holiday for a year. I'm just a worry pot though.
we have just collected our tickets from first choice...

it says baggage allowance 25kg...and we did pay extra when booking it last year......

so, have we got 20kg suitcase, and 5 kg handluggage?

or.....

25kg for checked in baggage?

first choice have told me its 25kg suitcase, with no weight over 23kg....

friends have been told 20kg sutcase..and 5 kg hand luggage

help!
Isn't it the case though that whatever your ticket says is the hold luggage allowance?

Mark :)
thanks sydney.

thats the query really, last year we paid extra for baggage with them....

on collecting the tickets i was told it was checked in baggage weight..

the family who we go with were told its the total weight, hand luggage and checked in combined.....

i have phoned first choice, who said it is the checked in weight....as in suitcase, but the lady did not say anything about not packing over 23kg...which i thourght she would.....

thanks for your help.....
Hi, we are travelling to sharm on 26th August 09 from london Gatwick . Can anyone tell me what plane we will be on and if the seats have personal tv screens as my 13yr old is keen to know and what films are showing , we return on sept 2nd will it be the same plane and films ?
many thanks Shanti
Hi Shanti .. First Choice no longer exists as an airline since the merger with Thomson. Is it Thomson you are flying with ? If so, check out the 'Thomson Airways' and 'What Aircraft' topics in our Airlines & Airports forum for advice from the aviation experts.

David :wave
Hi,

I have just noticed that aswell as first choice opening up a new holiday village in rhodes they are adding another in Lanzarote.. bit odd them having two there! I defiantly think they should open a longhaul one now that the dom rep & Cozumel one are going they were both amazing holiday villages. Anyone else got any more info on more openings/closings ?!
Have booked the new Lanzarote Holiday Village Flamingo Beach for August Next Year when the new brochure came out and paid just over 2k for 2 adults and 2 children for 10nights AI for August next year (gone up £700 since booking), The sun Tropical is being discontinued for next year.
Additionaly the Flamingo Beach was a thomson property which has just been refurbished.
Hi Dazznuts,

yeah i went and got the brochure earlier and notice that the flamingo beach has replaced the sun tropical one it looks very nice there so i hope you have a good holiday. My friend currently works at the flamingo beach which is a thomson familyclub hotel so im sure it will be brilliant!

I was looking at the rhodes one it looks amazing there too. Hope they add some more within the next couple of years!
Danielle,
I was initialy going to book the Rhondes one first, but thought the traveling might be a bit much for a week, then i looked at the Flamingo Beach and the price what i paid was £2053 for 10 days 2ad 2ch, which i knew was a bargin the rhodes one would of cost me £2200 for a week going the same time, now all the prices have gone silly my holiday is now £700 dearer and the rhodes one even more, it pays to book early as there are no cheapie AI'S with first choice anymore in the school holidays, will be the third one i gone to been turkey hv twice and majorca hv last may
we are travelling from gatwick to sharm on 26th Aug 09 . my youngest son is just 13 and i have been told that i cannot book a childs flight meal as he is over 12. Iam sure that he will not eat the adult meal, is there anyway i can contact the airline direct to request a childs meal?

thanks shanti :)
Yes try the airline to see if they can helpo. You will need all your reference numbers etc
shanti43,

If you have your booking reference number, you might be able to change it online. I've never tried it personally, but it's worth a go. If not, try contacting the airline (details here), I'm sure they'll do their best to accommodate your needs.

Darren
Hi, looking to return to Hotel Barcelo Fuerteventura next year as a group on 7 ad 1 ch. When trying to price up with thomson and first choice they price up with 4 rooms, however the rooms show max of 3 adults per room. So I would only need 3 rooms (3 ad/2 ad +1ch/2ad). ?!?! Direct holidays price up with 3 rooms but when adding reserved seats etc works out more expensive then FC or Thomsons. Any one shed any light on this....thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.