Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: First Choice
754 Posts
hi,we booked a holiday with first choice/thomson flight 9.20am sunday nov 22 got to manchester airport 5.00am desks empty served right away no one else there, 5 desks open gave tickets/passports in asked lady on desk could we have a window seat please only 2 of us myself and my wife lady said seats have been prebooked by first choice your seats are ailse seats,i told her we had not prebooked she then told me as we had not paid for a meal we get aisle seats as its company policy now to keep the meals at the front of the plane and none meals at the back of the plane.when i complained she was not botherd.i then went over to the first choice desk by the entrance and told them i will not be bullied into buying a meal just to get a window seat and i would like to make a complaint,she told me she did not know of any policy were i had to buy a meal to get a window seat.the nice lady changed our tickets for us and gave us window seats.in resort the rep did not know of any company policy about window seats.has anybody else had this problem with first choice/thomson.to me it looks like more tricks to get more money from you to buy meals. :que
your flights were with Thomson, unless you pay up front for select a seat then they are pre allocated using a computer model, check in staff have no authority to switch seats around this is discussed both in the thomson fly thread and the sitting togeather thread both can be found in the flight only,Airlines,airports forum

first choice is now a tour operator and travel agent brand of Tui GB all in house flights are through thomson fly

wizard
As Wizard has said, Thomson flight seats are pre allocated the day before so requesting at the airport won't make any difference. If someone changed your seats that means they had to move someone else to accommodate your request. I don't know about any policy of window seats/meals.
Hi guys, im flying to jamaica(mbj) from birmingham(bhx) on TOM 642 next week and have took out reserved seat option.If anyone can help me with which is the best seat available as im very tall 6ft 6.if you can point out a seating plan i would be very greatfull as every inch makes a difference .

thanks in advance John

p.s have searched the web to no avail
skyjuice,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your question is better posted over on our Thomason Airways topic on the Flights Forum. We also have lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Your flights are operated by a former Thomsonfly Boeing 767-300/ER. Seating is personal preference really. A seat plan is linked from the What Aircraft? guide. It's the 283 seat aircraft you need. Seats in economy all have the same seat pitch so it makes little difference really. I prefer the pairs by the window, but that's just me. The only seats with more room are extra legroom seats that are pre-bookable at extra cost. These are likely to be booked up by now and unlikely to be available this close to the flight.

Darren
cheers Darren ,
i chose 15 e as theyve got extra legroom

thanks again
Has anybody used FC "Baby Packs"?
when paying balance online with firstchoice do they normally email you confirming this? as paid mine and had no confirmation, had confirmation by email when I booked holiday for the deposit.
I've paid on line for the past 6 or 7 years and I've always got an email confirmation - but you can log in with your booking ref. just to check that the balance owing is zero anyway. :tup
Does any industry insiders have information on the release date for FC longhaul 2011 summer holidays?
Thanks Sunaddict, I was told a couple of months ago it would be April but when I asked in a Thomas Cook agents last week the girl said June :que

I have a holiday booked to the Maldives with FC for this year but I need to change it, so rather than cancell I am going to try and move it to next year.
Kiltman,

It would normally be around May (start of the summer season). It was late last year due to the financial climate and tour operators waiting to see how things were panning out so should be back to normal this year as things seem to be settling down a bit.

Darren
Girl in First Choice Travel shop told me yesterday that they have been given a confirmed on sale date of the 29th of April :tup
I emailed First Choice to ask if holidays would be available to book online as well as in store on the 29th April and received a reply confirming this.
First Choice 2011 now on sale online, the holiday we are looking at is £1150 more expensive this year for 2 of us than it was last year :(
We fancied going to GBP Cayo Levantado next May; can't seem to find availability thru website. Have they dropped it for Summer 2011?? :que
brewerdave,

I've been trying to book it as well as I had friends stay there last year who said it was fantastic. I think their allocation is fully booked, that's why it's not showing online. It might be worth giving them a call to enquire, but don't be surprised if there's no availality.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.