Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Re: First Choice
754 Posts
brewerdave,

No, but they get booked up very quickly. You can still book them via select your seat, subject to availability.

Darren
Dazbo,I may be unlucky but I've now tried 6 different holiday flights for March ...and the option isn't coming up. We've flown with Thomson/First Choice for the last 7 years at that time of year and never had this issue,even when booking in January.Since we are constantly being told that "times are hard" can't believe that they are fully booked.
The old cynic that I am, thinks that they are doing it to ensure they fill the Premium section!!! :(
brewerdave,

Just give them a call once you've booked your holiday. I'm sure they'll sort you out.

Darren
FYI, the Tropical brochure for May 2011 to April 2012 is available in the First Choice and Thomson shops !!
i want to ring firstchoice with a complaint about our recent holiday but can only find a number with premium rates. does anyone know if i can get a freephone number or one that only charges local rates? dont want to sound tight but i have free landline calls with my phone package and you can be kept waiting ages on these 0844 numbers.
thanks
Look here-
http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php click on 'search to find alternative number and eitmher enter First Choice where it asks for company name or enter the 0844 number you have and it will come up with an alternative number for you.
You would be better making a complaint in writing and sending it by a "signed for" service. I doubt they will pay much attention to a phone call or email.

luci :wave
No good phoning. I know everyone says write and send recorded or signed for, but to be honest the couple of times we have made complaints, we have always emailed and always had replies from Thomsons both via email and letter.
Make your letter short and concise. Don't put anything in it that you have heard second hand and don't waffle on about anything that isn't directly related. If it is too long the first few lines will get read and the rest just skipped over. Don't end it by saying you will never book/fly with them again. It will only raise a laugh from the person that reads it.
Hi all,

When I booked the travel agent said I had 23kg baggage allowance for my gatwick- Sharm flight.

The letter for ticket on dept says its 15kg, but when I e-mailed the ta he said it is 23.

All I have as proof is the email from the TA, is it even possible it is 23, it seems to me the only 23 in first choice policy is the max weight a case can be, not to do with allowance.

thanks
Jules
nigandjules
Which hotel are you staying at or is it just the flight you've booked?
We are staying at the Red Sea Holiday Village.

Jules
According the the First Choice website Holiday Village Red Sea does have a 23kg allowance.
Thank you- I had no idea that different hotels have a different allowance.

I can't believe that they are still flying there!

We are probably going Friday unless it changes- but it is somewhat worrying.

Jules
Sharm is a long way from any trouble. The airlines won't stop flying unless the FCO issues an advisory, but at the moment Sharm is completely ok.
The think is people there are saying its not safe!
That's what worries us.
Hi

Sharm is a long way from any trouble. The airlines won't stop flying unless the FCO issues an advisory, but at the moment Sharm is completely ok.
The think is people there are saying its not safe!
That's what worries us.

To try and avoid this going :offtop there is a discussion and advice regarding the current situation in Egypt HERE
I recently had to contact First Choice about a flight change (by them) in December. They in turn had to contact the airline direct.

I would just like to say that the ladies I spoke to were helpful, empathetic, and not only that, phoned me back when they said they would. When the letter from the airline arrived with the change on, one of the ladies knew I was concerned about the date they would change us to, and phoned me as soon as she could, and read out the contents of the letter, to put my mind at ease.

I just wanted to let people know, that good service is out there. So to the helpful staff of my local First Choice shop: :cheers
I booked a family holiday with First Choice in December for a July holiday this year. I booked early as the internet was showing only 2 rooms left. I made the booking over the phone and got the internet price, which at the time I was happy with.
I have just gone into the site again and have noticed that if I book the same holiday I will get it £677 cheaper, which is quite a bit of a saving. What I am not happy with is the site is showing only 1 room left ( I thought I had booked the only 2 remaining rooms when I booked in December)
I wouldn't have booked so early if I hadn't been led to believe that the rooms were very limited. I am rather cross that I have paid so much more for the holiday under false pretences.
What chances have I got of asking for a price reduction?
Very little I would have though nannysue.
I agree that sometimes the things they flag up are misleading. I have seen this too but it has usually had the proviso, in this room category, or similar. Sometimes they allocate certain rooms for certain occupancies, so again it could mean 2 of this type for 2 people etc.

I am not defending FC but it is possible that at the time you booked they did only have 2 of that type at that price left. Sometimes they do get more rooms added onto their allocations and sometimes they change the occupancy levels.

It is not just an internet thing. Some friends were told in the high street that they had got the last 2 rooms but the website was showing availability for months.

Unfortunately I really don't think you would get anywhere with this, but nothing to stop you trying.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.