Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
travel republic
741 Posts
Have a look to see where your rep is based. I used them in Tunisia earlier this year and the rep was based in Spain, which wouldn't have been much use in a crisis. :roll: There were no problems but I do know the area very well and also knew the hotel I was staying in and had taken the precaution of e-mailing the hotel to advise of my late arrival, but I might have been concerned in an area unknown to me.
Hi,
Promotional code at mo for Travel Republic is cardstudent. Not sure what percentage it gives you off but i saved £10. Better than nothing i s'pose!
Hope it helps someone. :D
i used promo code CARDSTUDENT and got £125 discount - around 10%

Denny
Great! glad i was of some help. When i checked out i actually got around £20 off in the end and i only booked accomodation for 3 nts in Barcelona. :P
Whilst looking for ideas for October I've come across Travel Republic and they have some good prices for the Algarve (7 nights HB in a 4 star hotel, junior suite for £575 both of us).
Has anyone used them before? Any hidden costs?
Would to hear what you thought as that seems like a really good price and me being my usual skeptical self I'm wondering if it's too good to be true.
Thanks.
We have used Travel Republic for the first time to book a hotel in Malta for January 2008. They were the cheapest and you have the option of paying a deposit and the balance a little later. What you see is what you pay - no hidden extras (may be a credit card charge).

On getting the confirmation it seems the booking is actually with medhotels anyway!! I think a lot of the accommodation only sites are all linked to the same at the end of the day.

I am sure there is a topic somewhere on this site about them.

Pippa
We often use Travel Republic, and have always seen the box for Promotional Codes, where do you find out if they have promotion on or not? How do yo get that information. Thanks
There's a thread on the General Question site======just ask on there :)
the promotional code for travel republic is CARD STUDENT. I believe it is the only one been found but not sure how long it will last.

lyn
Thanks for your reply. At what point do you enter the code Bobby
When you are filling country, dates etc-there's a promotional code box at the bottom left hand side---just enter it there and the search will come up with the discounted price!
its right at the start when you put in your search details . after giving your destination/dates etc it asks you for an optional promotional code. I got a quote a couple of weeks ago for accomodation only for next summer and it gave me about £260 off of a £3000 quote.

lyn
Thanks for that Bobby
Hi puddleduck - we have used Travelrepublic several times and they do indeed use Medhotels as one of their suppliers - and are always cheaper. You also have the advantage of being able to use the services of the Medhotels rep - if there is one at your hotel of course! If you are thinking of booking now, at the moment the promotional code cardstudent will give you a further discount of a little under 10% - making the price even more acceptable. Will also say that on the one occasion that I have had to phone TR with a query, they gave an excellent after sales service. Jenny x
Thanks Jenny & Pippa - I too was sure I'd seen a topic but I just couldn't find it yesterday!! (Thanks Mods).
That feedback is good to know as some of Turkey deals are even cheaper so we may well use them.
anyone used this agent before
only provide e mailed accomodation voucher (bit wary]
is it worth paying the £48 transfer [bodrum to bitez for 4] or to go it alone
any advice welcome
thanks
Fitzy, we've turned up with e mail accommodation. No prob.Why not check out the transfer price online to see if it's worthwhile?
Hi there, we have not used this company but, friends of our`s have used them for the last couple of years with no problems at all in fact they are due to travel with them again next month. I would check out the transfer price with your accomodation if they provide this service.
We used Travel Republic inApril in Majorca no problem just take the email voucher will use them again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.