Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Travel Republic
741 Posts
Does anyone have a PROMO CODE for travel republic?
Thanks
Fiona
cardstudent gives you a discount - depending on the price of the holiday but sorry, can't remember what discount it is. Hope this helps.
Hi Gumbet Jakki
Just to say I have already tried CARD STUDENT but this does not seem to work, prices were coming in the same as without a promo code
FIONA
It doesn't work on flight only - is that what you are trying to book ?
sis boked accommodation only using CARDSTUDENT and had a discount. Think you have to type it without a space though I'm not positive. Try it both ways. Also all upper case.
I read elsewhere on the site that CARDSTUDENT had expired.

** Edit - I've just tried it for accommodation only that I already have booked with TR and the code no longer works as I'm getting the same price with and without it.

luci :wave
No, I am trying to book flight and hotel and transfers, I always click on Flight + hotel box
Fiona
:lol: Hi, we are thinking of booking holiday to Turkey with Travel Republic, great prices but could someone please answer the following questions for me:??

Will I receive tickets for flights and accommodation or just an email?

Airport shuttle transfer, I know this sounds dumb but how do I know which shuttle to get on?? :oops:

Sorry for the dumb questions but every holiday Ive been on has been through travel agent and never really thought about stuff like this!!

Thanks
Hi Iris - I have used TR many times and each time I have simply received a voucher to print off and present to the airport check in desk and hotel. there have never been any problems. Normally the shuttle company has had a rep. at the airport who has directed me to the appropriate shuttle. Again, no problems. I know that it is very daunting the first time one goes DIR, but do try not to worry. It is normally a doggle! :D All best - Jenny x
Thanks Jenny, yes very daunting but very cheap!!! well I think I will give it a go, Ive been looking at customer reviews for travel republic and seem great.

Regards
Booked holiday to Turkey with Travel Republic in July. We flew with Thomson and got tickets through the post 2 weeks before we went. (all other paperwork needed - accomodation voucher, transfer voucher - is printed off E-mail) We booked shuttle transfer.(United Blue) At the airport there was a man with a board with our names on. (Felt like VIP's !!) Took us to a small mini bus and took us straight to hotel. No problems at all. 24hrs before we left Turkey we had to ring transfer company (English speaking)and confirm pick up time. They arrived 15 mins early. Don't worry if your plane is late arriving, they are well use to this and will wait for you. Wouldn't hesitate to use TR again. Denny
I have just booked for Christmas in Fuengirola with Travelrepublic and used the code "Kingston" and got 5% off.
I've just had a look at Travel Republic and, as promised, there are a lot of new reports in, many of which show warts and all as promised. Well done TR as I'm sure it will do a lot to boost potential customers' confidence.
Just a follow-up to my earlier post - we had a great holiday last month. Couldn't fault the value for money, all went smoothly with all the vouchers. Would definately use them again.
Encouraged by favourable reports here, have just booked with Travel Republic for early March next year - 4 x GB Airways flights (pre-Easy take-over) to Gran Canaria (and return unfortunately!), accommodation of 2 x bungalows in Sandy Golf (Maspalomas) and a weeks car hire (compact van - Partner/Kangoo or similar) all for £1111.71 (incl. credit card charges) - incredible value compared to mainstream travel companies.
One question though, as two or more holiday components have been booked together does this make it a "package holiday" in law? Can anybody direct me to the relevant legislation concerning package holidays?
I am not so much concerned about my own individual booking as TR seem a reputable company with excellent feedback, but I would appreciate getting a better understanding of the regulations.

Cheers,
Jet

P.S.
They gave me a promotional code for the car hire - when booking through them use "DRIVER5" - this gave a 5% discount on my booking - which is with Holiday Autos.
Great deal jet :D . did you use the 5% promo code for the complete holiday or just the car hire. I have always used holiday autos when we need to hire a car . they are excellent, always cover an additional driver free and always give a good price . just for future reference for you and anyone else that uses holiday autos , there are severaL affiliate links around that can typically give you 5/10/15% off their already fantastic prices . I just used this one account link friday for 15% off and still managed to get myself £10 quidco cashback by following the instructions here .

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734198
another code for discount off accommodation / holidays is GETSOMESUN. 5% I think - better than nothing :D
ElaineM - thanks for that code. We managed to book 2 rooms on B&B basis in hotel for 5 of us for a mere £454 for 2 weeks! Sorted out flights independantly as we don't like Easy Jet so have got us all away for just over a grand which is bloody good going and saving at least £500 on what we normally pay for s/c accomodation so very very happy! :D
Accomodation works out at £6.48 per person per night - now you just can't beat that for value can you!
We used Travel Republic for the first time in September. We booked the Muses Hotel in Skiathos and made a saving of over £400 on the price First Choice quoted for the same hotel.
people we spoke to in our hotel were devastated when we told them what we had paid! :lol:
I would thoroughly reccommend Travel Republic and have already booked next years holiday with them!

John
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.