Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Travel Republic
741 Posts
I've just booked for our week in October with TR and I got our flights, a 1 bed apartment in Alvor and a hire car all for £500, which I think is great.
Just made my first TR booking - a week in the Algarve in October for me and the hubby. Flights, 1 bed apartment and a hire car for £500 :D

Travel vouchers came through immediately and then they called to tell me that between me making the request on their site and them booking it the flights had gone up by £20pp. I looked on Easyjet's website myself and told them what the price was on there (it wasn't £20pp more) and asked them to match the price and said if they couldn't they could just book the accommodation for me and I'd book the flights myself. They agreed to match the price. Good on them!!
hi just booked for next year entered the code card student and got a discount of £55 excellent :thanks
Tried to book a last minute deal to Greece from a northern airport but travel company insisted only Gatwick available on the bargain package and that no flights from up north available even though we volunteered to pay any supplements etc. So have put almost identical package together via Manchester airport doing it DIY with e-bookers, Travel Republic and emailing resorts direct. Overall prices will be compared when we return if any hidden extras but I managed to get what the tour guy insisted didn't exist and added car hire within 24hours. DIYing could be the future me thinks ....

Just hope we and our luggage end up on the same holiday now !!!

:wink:
Hi Every one i have booked a hotel in Benidorm with Travel republic who have aquired the room through Jumbo tours, for next June the mediterraneo all inclusive .
As any one ever done this and had any problems or are they a reliable company ? never heard of Jumbo tours .
I have booked this hotel before but with First choice doing the booking myself i have saved over £300, but i need my mind put at rest that its a safe way to book and everything will be O.K.

Thanks Sharon :roll:
Hi Sharon - whilst I have never heard of Jumbo Tours, I have used Travel Republic for years and they are a very reputable company. I cannot see them acting as agents for an unreliable company. Aslemma once used them and found out that she was actually with an unfamiliar Spanish? company, but all was well. It is a while since we talked about it, so I cannot remember all the details. No doubt she will see your query and reassure you a little. Try not to worry too much. Jenny x
Thanks Jenny for the response, I have contacted Travel republic and they will no doubt be back in touch, to let me know of there dealings with Jumbo tours .
I also emailed Jumbo tours and it was returned so thats not put my mind at ease . There email address was on the downloaded hotel voucher from Travel republic.

Thanks

Sharon
Hi Sharon

I agree with Jenny and thank her for her reassurance that she gave me. :kiss
I`ll have to be quick as I'm posting this from the Costa del Sol and we booked this holiday for the first time with Travel Republic.
Everything has gone off great, I was very worried about just having a document that I had printed off to present at check in and the hotel.....

No problems either at the airport or when we arrived at the hotel.
I've no idea who Jumbo Tours are, but there are no British tour operators in the hotel we are staying in and last week me and my husband were the only British people in here, another couple have arrived this week and I suspect that they have booked with Travel Republic too, as the husband mentioned he had booked via the internet.

Gotta go....
Sanji
I've just seen this so will add my two-pennorth for what it's worth. Travel Republic operate in Tunisia (and presumably other places) on behalf of Jumbo Tours. My present hotel booking with them for 10th October shows this on the paper work, as did my previous one for April this year. It is the Resort Office Contact Details which have a phone number in Malaga with an email address shown as international@jumbonline.com but luckily I've never needed the services of a rep so didn't have the chance to try them out, as I suspect he/she may have had difficulty in getting from Malaga to Sousse in an emergency. :roll: The hotel was fine and everything went smoothly in April so I have no doubt it will next month.
Thanks everyone for your replies regarding Travel republic and Jumbo Tours. My mind is a little easier now and hopefully i should have a most enjoyable holiday.
Thanks to every one who replied to my posting , you have put my mind at ease.

Thanks again
Shaoron :D
That's what we're here for Sharon. :lol:
Jumbo Tours are a reputable (independent) incoming agency that have been going for a long time. From what I understand they are one of the top providers of Spanish holiday accommodation along with another incoming Spanish provider called Hotelbeds, who are owned by the TUI Group.

I've never travelled with Travel Republic, but have travelled with other companies who sell JT accommodation (and Hotebeds for that matter).

You'll be fine with them.

Jazz.
Thanks for that Sanji - Jenny x
Hi all we have booked with travel republic going next week.This is our first DIY holiday .I have noticed on our bookings that we have to confirm both our home bound fight and our return transfer 48 hours prior to going home. I am no very excited about trying to remember all holiday to do this does anyone know if this is a regular thing ?
The transer thing doesnt realy bother me its good to know they are coming back for you
The return flight thing is annoying me I have payed for a return ticket and if I dont phone 48 hours before are they going to sell my seat or if I do phone and dont turn up for check in are they going to sent out a search party for me I doubt it!!
I dont think travel republic are responsable I think it might be freedom flights any info would be great
This is normal practice and would normally be done by your rep in resort if you were on a package, but you need to do it yourself if on flight only. The reason is incase the flight time is changed as you may miss the flight if it was earlier than originally on your ticket.

What about putting a reminder in your mobile to do it as that's what I do?

luci :wave
Hi redcar - you may find out that there are others in your hotel who are on the same flight - ask around when you arrive. Failing that, if there is a rep in the hotel it would be worth asking her if the flight is still at the anticipated time. Don't worry about it too much. It is something that everyone should do if they book their flight independently. Enjoy your holiday. Jenny x
I'm just back from a week in Seville (for work!) and booked my hotel through Travel Republic acting on behalf of Jumbo Tours. The hotel was very good and and I got it at a very good price - cheaper than the deal organised by the organisers of the ocnference I was attending. The hotel Reception staff were obviously used to dealing with both Travel Republic and Jumbo and I had no problems - I'd have no qualms about a booking with Jumbo Tours again.

Re the need to confirm your return flight 48hrs beforehand, as others have said, this is standard practice - especially on charters but also sometimes on scheduled flights. For example, Ryanair doesn't ask you to re-confirm but they do advise you to check the details of your return flight on the Net and will accept no responsibility if you miss your flight as a result of not checking for any last minute changes. And, yes, if you don't do it there is a good chance you could end up losing your flight either because of a changed flight time or because, in the event of overbooking, they'll bump you in preference to others who have re-confirmed as requested.

SM
I've always re-confirmed my homeward flight when travelling 'flight only' but this time I'm with Thomsonfly from Monastir to Gatwick and there is no phone number for this. I've asked elsewhere on HT and been told it's not necessary. I have, on my mobile, the phone number I've used previously in Tunisia to confirm flights but I can't remember who I was flying with then so I'm not sure if they would be any use.
Sometimes when we go flight only we just go to where Thomsons package holidays are staying and look at the departure boards for airport pick-up times.Just been three times with Thomsons flight only and they said there was no need to ring and check.It was Menorca and Ibiza if that makes any difference.Also booked flight only to Fuerteventura with first choice,the guy who i got tickets from said we should ring and check when we are there,seems to be different advice depending on where you are travelling to.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.