Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Travel Republic
741 Posts
We have used them before and they have been fine. Was wary about the e:voucher the first time but it all worked ok. Have a great time in Bitez.
We used them to book a hotel for June this year. Got the same price on the phone and had the paperwork posted out. No problems whatsoever and you can check your booking details online.
For anyone interested, Travel Republic have a sale on at the moment with up to £60 off their hotel prices - which are normally very competitively priced. Pehaps worth a costing if you are thinking of booking a hotel. Jenny x
If anyone is interested, Travel Republic has a sale on this week. Up to £60 off their very competitive prices. Worth a costing if you are considering booking a hotel. Jenny x
Just got a good deal with this company.
Done the job lot on the site, found the flights and hotel.
Is the luggage allowance 20 kgs.? can't seem to find that info before I confirm :oops:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-07-22 21:20:27
Hi sanji - I have only used them for hotel bookings. They send you a voucher to print off to give to the hotel and this works perfectly. Never had any problem.
As it is not a special cheepie and not a last minute flight booking, I would assume that you get the usual 20 kilos weight allowance. If you want to phone them to confirm, they are very helpful. Enjoy - Jenny x
Hi Jenny
Sorry I was editing my post, I found part of my answer by clicking on another window ...they send you the tickets and confirmation, but don't take responsibility if they get lost in the post :shock:
They charge £10 for insured delivery of documents or courier service :shock:

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi Sanji - that's a bit of a shock! If they can e mail you the hotel vouchers, I can't see why they cannot do the same with the flight tickets, can you? In the past, I have booked flights and printed off vouchers to take to the airport - which works perfectly OK. Having moaned about that, I am sure that the tickets will be OK sent in the post. (Apparently there are only so many !?!?!?'s of letters that go astray every year!!) Joking apart, I am sure that all will go well. :D Jenny x
Hiya Jenny
Thankyou for your advice
Having never used this company before (not been on a DIY for years), I was quite apprehensive.
Anyway, This morning I proceeded through the booking procedure and at the last minute decided to phone them. It would just be my luck for the documents to go missing in the post.
Extremely helpful young man on the other end of the phone and the best news is that he got the same flights even cheaper this morning and still gave me the discount on the promotion code.
They have already sent via e-mail a voucher to present at the hotel and a voucher to present at the check-in desk, which I have printed off.
He explained that this is a "easy ticket" or something like that :oops: and you don't get documents via the royal mail for this sort of booking, so I have no idea why that charge for insured delivery of documents applies, must depend on the type of holiday you book or the time scale. :shrug

One happy Sanji here :D La Carihuela here I come again in September.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hi sanji - so pleased that Travel republic have come up trumps after I had recommended them! I should feel so dreadful if anyone was dissatisfied after acting on my mail - in fact, would never recommend anything again! :zip I know from experience that both the voucher systems work very well, so relax now and start counting the days. :D Jenny xx
Hello Sanji
You may remember I went to Costa Brava in May and I booked two hotels with Travel Republic, one in Santa Susanna and one in Lloret.
Everything went off fine. I also found them most helpful on the phone when I was at the booking stage.
All the best
Sue
Thanks Sue and Jenny.
Hope everything does go off OK, I have in the past had a printed voucher to present at the hotel when I used to book with a travel agent that put together the package and the hotel was booked with the Spanish Barcelo group, rather than the exorbitant prices Thomson wanted to charge and we never had any problems.
Having a "print off" to present at the check- in desk is something new to me, :oops: usually we have collected the tickets at the airport.
If everything goes Ok, then I will be kissing the TO's goodbye for my next planned visit to La Carihuela in June 2008 and have already priced the holiday up, but will wait and see how this one goes and then book on my return....we are talking about saving hundreds of pounds here.

Isn't technology a wonderful thing at times? :lol:
Sanji
Congratulations on the DIY booking Sanji. I'm just surprised it's taken you so long to cotton on as you're usually so clued up on things! :lol:

Don't worry about having to take a print out to the check in desk. We have booked online several times, mostly on scheduled services with bmi, American Airlines, NWA to Las Vegas and we have never needed to show the print out. All they have asked for at the desk is our passports.

luci :wave
Thanks Luci. :lol:
It's taken me this long for La Carihuela because I'm not 100% positive that DIY is always cheaper for 2 adults and it still pays to shop around.
Mr Sanji likes one particular hotel and at one time Thomson gradually had/got the monopoly on it, we found that there was little price difference between Thomson and DIY....until Thomson got greedy and they tried to close all avenues to book except with them and the hotel prices to book direct were fixed high and that made Thomsons prices look attractive, in fact it was cheaper to go with Thomson rather than booking independently or just not go...we chose the latter for a while.
Just to give you an example of what I mean.....just making conversation here. :lol:

I enquired about a one bedroom apartment from a source in La Carihuela for the dates we wanted, they wanted €77 a day, which works out roughly £700 for 2 weeks, plus flights which could be anything between £250/£300 return for 2 adults (total approx £1000)...then you have transfers and food...I've just booked DIY flights & 3*/4* hotel H/b X 2 weeks for 2 adults for £1,118.00 ...transfers not included.
These are 2 quotes below for the hotel that we usually go in, same flight, same airport, same dates, same board.

Travel Republic with discount code. no transfers, own insurance

22-Sep-2007 22-Sep-2007 Doncaster Sheffield - Malaga (Costa del Sol)16:30 / 20:35 (3 hours 5 minutes) (TOM2273) Economy
06-Oct-2007 06-Oct-2007 Malaga (Costa del Sol) - Doncaster Sheffield21:35 / 23:35 (3 hours 0 minutes) (TOM2274) Economy
Accommodation Itinerary

The cost for your holiday is as detailed below.The price shown includes all UK airport taxes and aviation security levy.
Description Price Quantity Total
ADULT RETURN TICKET 152.00 2 304.00
AIR PASSENGER DUTY 10.00 2 20.00
DISCOUNT -10.00 2 -20.00
PROMOTIONAL DISCOUNT -88.48 1 -88.48
DOUBLE OR TWIN ROOM, HALF BOARD(2 ADULTS) 1,179.73 1 1,179.73
ONLINE FLIGHT DISCOUNT OFFER -20.00 1 -20.00

Total Holiday Cost: £1,375.25

Thomson without discount code, but including transfers and with an on-line saving, own insurance....so with another £100 off via a valid discount code it could be £1,134.00 which would make it £241.25 cheaper than DIY :lol:

Flight + Hotel
£ 1,556.00
Govt Green Tax
£ 10.00
Sub-Total
£ 1,566.00
Online Saving:
-£ 332.00
Total:
£ 1,234.00

Depart:
Doncaster Sheffield
22-Sep-07
16:30
Arrive:
Malaga
22-Sep-07
20:35
Carrier:
Thomsonfly
TOM2273
Pez Espada Hotel
Spain
Destination:
Costa Del Sol
Resort:
Torremolinos
Duration:
14 nights
Board Basis:
Half Board

Pity I don't want those dates (meeting friends) and we are going to try a different hotel at last, but anyone wanting to go to the Romería and Feria in Torremolinos for just under £40 a day x 2 weeks H/B in a 4* hotel with flights/transfers can't really grumble at those prices, I wouldn't :lol: I paid in June (Thomson) approx the same price that TR are charging for late September.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a lover of Thomson, far from it.

Sanjiiiiiiiiiiiii
Called at my 2 local travel agents yesterday looking to see what kind off deal they could give me on the Papagayo Arena Hotel in Lanzarote for 1 week AI flying from Belfast for 2 Adults on September the 13th.

1st place best package price was £1770.

Best package price Thomson's could offer on the above was £1436.

The lady from Tomsons's then tried to do the holiday as seperate's, flights then hotel booking.

Best price there was £1231.

Said i would go away and see if i could get it cheaper on the Tomsons website and then they could price match it.

Then i found this site called Travel Republic and using the code provided above (CARDSTUDENT) on both hotel and flight bookings we can now get the same holiday for £1073 (does not include insurance and transfers, this was bought elsewere for £52 for both ). A saving of £158 on thomson seperate's prices Don't think i can turn this down and will be booking this tomorrow morning through Travel Republic.

Thank you to the people that posted up the promotional code, it has saved me an extra £60. This was on top the £40 they were beating any other site on the same hotel.

They are definatley worth a look at these prices.
the correct promotional code for travrel republic is CARDSTUDENT.

TYVM doesn't work Denny
just got our tickets on them iy says you have to phone regerding the return journey a couple of days prior to departure anyone done this and why do we need to :?: :sun
If the tickets are for flights then you need to reconfirm to ensure the flights times haven't changed.

luci :wave
If the tickets are for transfers then you need to phone them to check what time they are picking you up and where you will be picked up. Please remember that if you are flying home on a Sunday or Monday phone on Friday as the office is closed at the weekend, we were flying home on Monday and went to phone on the Saturday and office was closed. We did manage to sort it out first thing Monday, but I spent the whole weekend worrying a little about our pickups. I must admit it did say that in the small print but guess what we didn't read the small print, lesson learnt! Bobby
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.