Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
GETSOMESUN gets you a discount with Travel Republic.

My friends just come back from Llorett and booked her transfers through TR - they use Resorthoppa and she wasn't pleased that it took them 3 hours to get from Gerona airport to their hotel :yikes
Thanks for that Glynis - you have helped me make up my mind what we are going to do about transfers! I had been given serious thought to using TR for transfers but now I know it's Resorthoppa they use I will be giving them the widest berth possible and will be using Janerbus for our impending holiday to Majorca. More expensive but I know they are reliable and it won't take us 3 hours to get to the resort (I'd have been fit to be tied in your friends shoes).

Thanks again!
I have just booked a holiday to Egypt through TR and the flights are with First Choice... who is taking them over, and shall that affect us... also does anyone know what the baggage allowance was/is?
Is "getsomesun" the only discount code at the moment? I've tried it and it only gave me about £40 off, it's better than nothing, but on a total of over £1800 it hardly makes a dent in it. Are there any other secret codes to get a bigger discount? Perhaps I shouldn't be so greedy - the holiday is coming up a lot cheaper than booking the same place with First Choice... :roll:
Also, how come the required deposits vary so much on different holidays with TR? The holiday I'm really interested in requires a £554.56 deposit for just three of us for next Easter (2009), but another holiday to a different place for the same dates only wants a £332.53 deposit. Both holidays are around the same price in total.
:scratch:
I believe it's because some flights eg no-frills have to be paid for in full. Denny
I believe it's because some flights eg no-frills have to be paid for in full

The flights for these particular holidays are not no-frills. One of the holidays (Lanzarote) is with Thomsonfly there and First Choice back, the other one (Fuerteventura) is with FCA there and TOM back.
Also, how come the required deposits vary so much on different holidays with TR? The holiday I'm really interested in requires a £554.56 deposit for just three of us for next Easter (2009), but another holiday to a different place for the same dates only wants a £332.53 deposit. Both holidays are around the same price in total.

Presumably these are 'custom' packages you're putting together on the TR site rather than an 'off the shelf' package from a single TO? In which case the deposit required by TR will vary depending on the contracted payment arrangements with each supplier for the various components. I've gone to Cuba a number of times with a small indepedent company that puts packages together and the amount of deposit I have had to pay has varied depending on which airline we fly with. If it's Cubana the deposit has always been relatively low in relation to the full cost of the holiday - usually under 10% - but when we flew with MyTravel it was higher and approx 15% of the full cost. This was down to the flight arrangements - everything else was exactly the same.

I've also noticed with Travel Republic that they seem to have different payment arrangements with different hotel chains. The last time I booked with them I got a really good deal for a hotel only booking but to secure the price had to pay in full at the time of booking. I could have booked other hotels just by paying a deposit but they would have cost more in total.

SM
How good are Travel Republic at dealing with query on an existing booking? I registered a customer service query on the manage my bookings area on Saturday ( I won't go into details as it is all on the Coastline Hotel forum under Malta) and as yet it is still unallocated. I have added 2 additions to it. This seems to be very slow to me and not good service. I did try phoning but could not get through and was not prepared to run up a sizeable phone bill. I can't actually find an email address for them.

Pippa
Reading through all the info on the site it seems that they don't take queries by email!! Only by the manage my booking customer service section or telephone. Would be nice if they responded to my query or you could get through by phone.

This is not a good sign in my mind - they have subcontracted my hotel booking to You Travel who have responded by email and are looking into the problem but have not heard anything from them for a couple of days.

Pippa
I raised a query with them on their site and had to chase them a couple of weeks later when it wasn't resolved (or looked at perhaps). I did eventually get an answer, but they were very slow.

luci :wave
Thanks (I think)!! They still appear to have not looked at my query despite the next action box having a time this morning in it.

This is a shame as we used them in January with no problems - I think if I am give the option of cancelling with no penalty then I will do so and book elsewhere. They have gone downhill in my estimation. At the moment their customer service scores zero with me.

Pippa
More than one week on and the query still goes as unallocated. This despite the promise of attending to any queries within 2 working days! I have tried posting another customer query - this time criticising their 'customer service' let's see if that one gets any response.

I most certainly will not be using them again.

Pippa
I raised a query and they eventually replied to say that they had passed it to the hotel.... and closed it!

So I raised another one, quoting the first one, and said I hadn't had an answer. I think I did get an answer fairly promptly (well, within a week) to the second one.

I think I would still use them again if the price was right.

At last! They have responded to my query although I still do not have a definitive answer.

Pippa
I would keep at them until you get the answer you need.

I agree with the above posts. I have just managed to change a flight I have booked to a different date. I asked 4 weeks ago about changing the dates and they've just changed it this week. The wait nearly lost me my flight as the prices change so quickly, luckily there was no change in price but 4 weeks is a bit different to the 48 hours they say it takes to reply to you on the website. A great travel site and good prices but their customer services needs looking into as I think it will lose them a lot of customers.
sam
found a really good deal to sharm with travel republic but have never booked a holiday this way before(flights and hotel separately) has anyone used this company before?
thanks
yes just got back from grancanaria with them no problems at all exept accomodation not very good but we knew it was only 2* when we booked
I have used them a few times. Never had any problems at all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.