Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Going to this hotel on Wed for 4 nights, does anyone know if the area is dangerous, (muggings etc) some friends have heard this, and as we are 4 women on our own would like to be forewarned. We have stayed in Lloret before but at the Royal Star, but they had no availability, so we opted for the Royal Beach. Any info on the hotel and area would be much appreciated,
Click Here for our reviews of this hotel.

Click Here for our resort reports for Lloret
:wave
Hello :D
We just got back last night from Royal Beach Hotel, hotel itself is nice its the drunken english people who give it a bad name.
We stay A/I were ever we go and normally if some one is really drunk there get they card or wristband taken off them for 24hrs not in this hotel at alot off british were really drunk 24/7 falling to sleep in the chairs then waking up going to the bar for more this happened from 10am till 12pm.
Rooms were very warm but every were else in hotel was freezing we sat with coats on in the entertainment lounge.
Staff were very pleasant and we enjoyed our stay but would not return on a night well after midnight it was so noisey drunks walking up and down corridors knocking on people doors trying to find there rooms swearing at each other shouting abuse nn sercurity at all in this hotel.
This is not a good family hotel its full off english people who go abroad for ciggaretes and booze and to get drunk 24/7 sorry if i offend any one but its true we saw it while we were there.
is this hotel anywere near the oriental express or the queen vic
the r beach is in the fenals area, about a 15 minute walk away from the queen vic and 20 minutes from the orient express.
jim
royal beach is closed at the moment for staff holidays.
reopens on sunday the 3rd feb.seems all the guests are being sent to the other hotels in lloret.
the robin hood has also closed for this period, as there would be no trade with the hotel shut.
fenals is dead as a result.
just as well i´ve found a nice little spanish wine bar where the locals go.
picadilly is open, as is mobys but texas bar and a few others are only opening at the weekend :(
i have been to this hotel 3 times, food is good, enertiment is good, pool ok, rooms small but you dont go on hoildays to stay in them all day,
staff frindely nicelookinig lad working nights there.

beach 5-10mins walk. some good resturants nearby. supermarket acropss the road, few shops around and near, bus stop about 15mins away for waterpark.

waterpark was good. nightlife is a 20mins walk, roobin hood across the road is fab, you can take kids in there need to be with an adult at all times.

you can use the other ht hotels for food,pool,enertiment ect as long as you show your photo card

any more you need just ask me ok x
Hi guys,

We are looking to book this hotel early next week. Have read mixed reviews on it; can anyone please put our minds at rest?

Has anyone been, if so, any recommended room numbers/blocks, that have nice views, etc?

We've heard that it's currently closed for refurb - we're hoping to go at the end of May - do you think it will be re-open by then?

Many thanks,
Donna :cheers
Not sure about opening but my friend recently had the choice between this hotel and the Royal Star. She went to the Royal Star and had a look at the RB and was glad she choose the Star.
Hi
Just came back from Llorett today and we droped off at Royal Beach it was open :D
Evening folks,

Off to the Royal Beach on Friday for a week. Are there any better rooms than others/any rooms to avoid in this hotel? If so, please let me know and I'll email the hotel to see if we get any joy!

Thanks,
Donna ;)
hi,anyone that as stayed at the h top royal beach hotel can you tell me if they play backround music around the pool area thanks in advance :cheers
when they remember to switch it on they have music which varies between background music and a full blown disco.
as it is a family hotel this is backed up by screaming kids :really
if the query was related to whether you need a walkman for lying at the pool, i always take one - with noise cancelling earphones :angel
can anyone tell me if there are hair driers in rooms and if so are they any good
yes they do. bog standard ones, but they work
have a look here
for more info on the hotel.
thanks for the link jim and bog standered will do me
Hello,
i was just wondering is there any internet cafes near the royal beach hotel?
or any computers in the hotel?

hello,if i remember there are 6 pc in hotel
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.