Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
:duh been having pc problems and forgot to note down wifes file number whilst filling out her form. how do i find it now so i can print it off ?
bbn
Do you mean the 15 digit number that shows at the top of the page when starting (and not the final GBR prefixed number you receive when completed) ?

Unless you saved it, or completed, I think you may have to start again. Having done it several times, having noticed various errors or inconsistencies when filling in my family's, it certainly gets quicker ...
erm yes it did but it had the wrong date of birth so i just started from scratch again. The 2nd email i received had the same gbr number but this time the correct dae of birth ! printed them off and i think i will jst go over to Edinburgh and hand them in. Been off work for
more than a week now with this bloody weather so will give me something to do.
Ok can maybe answer a few questions.They had my application delivered on the 24/10/10 and all attempts to track it said no record found.Emailed them about it last friday(after9 days) and and got a reply back saying they were processing my application and it would be able to be tracked SOON. At 5pm today it appeared on their tracking site as being scanned. At 11 pm it appears as under process. Maybe they are working nights to clear the mess. Fingers crossed. Be aware, mine has been with them for 13 days before being even looked at, so book early folks.
Thanks for that zebbydog - it ws the 'record not found' that was worrying me. I'll be patient for a bit longer.
Hi Javelin
I sent mine last Monday and like you it isnt showing on their tracking system. I emailed VFS yesterday and they replied today saying my application has been received and is being processed but as a result of a large amount of postal applications they are experiencing slight delays in updating the tracking system. Check your special delivery tracking number with royal mail...it shows date delievered and who signed for it. At least then you know they have it.
Hi All, Just looking at online visa form . The question Have you ever changed your name? Does that mean my wife puts in her maiden name? ,and fills information below or not. Also do we pay online or pay the agent who takes everything to Brum and collects again when ready like other years. I know the old way was easy compared to these new rules. Thanks
Thanks for your response sim, I have checked the royal mail tracking and it was delivered and signed for. I'll continue to try to be patient :banghead:
I didn't put my maiden name on the form and this was not questioned when I took it to Manchester. I paid online and it went through OK.
Took our applications in to Victoria on Friday, received back today via courier. Very fast, very pleased as I was rather stressed as I have never left applying so late before. 2 weeks today and we will be airborne!! :hols
Please can anyone tell me :- (1) if it ia at all possible to just print off blank visa application forms to fill in later,,(2) We live near Oxford, is it possible to go in person to a Visa outlet with the forms,have them checked and then pay the relevant fee's.(3)Would anyone on here be willing to help me fill out the forms as I'm not very good at these sorts of things,they would naturally get paid for helping us in this way. Any suggestions and / or replies gratefully appreciated...Thank you,,John
Hi John

You cannot print the form and complete by hand, but I think you will find the forms are relatively easy to complete online, You then have to print and sign, plus the declaration and send them off with your passports and photos (new size see previous posts), or you can go in person but you will have to return a few days later to collect them or get them sent to you by VFS (who are outsourced to deal with all the applications.)

Hope this is helpful
Chilly
is this wierd or what i found the new form easier to complete :cheers
Just had an e-mail from a friend who is going through this pantomime, she's been told by e-mail fromVHS that "owing to the problems they will accept written forms until December 13th"
I've bery pleased to be able to report that the VFS site now shows something other than 'record not found'. My states 'scan' and my friends which was delivered on the same day says 'prechecked and processed'.
Silly I know but I actually found it exciting getting a different message :rofl
Mine went from scan on monday afternoon to under process monday evening. Seems stuck there now. They have had my passport for 18 days now.
Re: to the application I made at the Manchester centre last Friday 3rd Dec, mine showed 'Record Not Found' on Mon 6th Dec, then 'Received and Being Processed' on Tue 7th Dec. On Wed 8th Dec, it said it had been sent.

Now unfortunately I was out, so have had to reschedule delivery to work from DX (sig reqd FFS !) for next Monday 13th Dec, but, seeing as I had it all checked and corrected at the centre, I'm presuming it's passports with Visas being returned and not further queries.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.