Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
how much spends
10 Posts
Hi Elisha, Very hard to say as it will depend on how many trips etc., you book. Wife and I have never spent above £700 a fortnight. For that we eat out most nights,drink until the small hours as well as buying some gifts.
Even though you have 2 children I wouldn't think it will cost a lot more unless you intend to kit the kids out in all the cheap clothing/trainers available.

8) Toonman
hi

getting a bit worried now going to bulgaria on Friday and havnt got a clue how much to take for family of four........kids are 12 and 7, but dont have big appetite's..........i just dont want to run out of money, all's i want is just to eat tea out every night and do a one ot two trips to waterparks.......

can anyone advise me who has been recently.

thanks
Hi,
I,ve been to Bulgaria for the last 3 years and going again this year, each time for 2 weeks. I travel with my husband and two children aged 7yrs & 14 yrs and each year we come home with around half of our spending money. Usually return home with around £500 and that's after eating out most days, buying snacks, drinks in the various bars and buying gifts to bring home. Couldn't tell you about prices for the waterparks as we don't like them we prefer to spend our time at the beach ! :wave
HI Vicky
Just returned from sunny beach yesterday (very sad now) We were 2 adults, 2 kids (age 7 & 23months) We took £1000 and that was plenty. Water park costs 28 lev per adult and 16 lev per child (under 130cm) We went to waterpark once, boat trip to nessebar once, taxi to local market, ate out every night and drinks, also bought lots. Son bought 4 gameboy games (approx 30 lev) 3 hand bags, t shirts, sandals, toys, Husband got tatoo, I got nail extensions, Your money stretches so far.
I'm sure youll have a fab time. :lol:
Hi

As you have probably read from the reviews Bulgaria is very cheap, but i think sunny beach is more expensive than the others, we still had change i found it hard to spend £650, i did take my bank card and some extra english but didnt spend that, we went for a week self catering 2 adults and 2 children, but everyone's holiday is different, we only went to waterpark once which was 100 lev, (28 lev for adult,16 lev for children) although i had to pay adult for one of my children because he was just over height limit.

Kids didnt want to leave the pool at the hotel so didnt do many trips, wanted to do khans tent but felt a little mean dragging kids along so asked them and they wanted to stay in hotel, so thats mainly why my holiday was cheap, and the food is cheap, djanny's is so cheap and nice, we had one night, 2 chicken meals with salad and chips, mish mash with salad (scrambled eggs), pizza+chips together with 2 pints of larger, tia maria, fanta+coke and when he bought the bill i couldnt believe it, 28 lev which i think is about £8/9, and when we didnt do eating out kids just eat pizza slices of the stand in the street which did look clean and were 2 lev, (50p) and they were huge,kids also loved the pancakes 2 lev we bought them from the store next to the funny pub, were we spend most of are time at night again there food was cheap, cocktails were buy 1 get 1 free and the music was brill (bit dancey).

Also try to avoid buying melons, hubby bought a melon off the fruit and veg stand, the next day he had the bad trotts, that was are last day and we wasnt going to keep the room on but because he was so bad we had too, and we know it was the melon because my son had a bite and also he was bad, myself and my other son didnt touch it we were fine,i had about 300 lev left over on last day so went wild,bought gameboy game 30lev, got tattoo 100lev, bought 3 t'shirts,belt,towel (huge versace one),man u towel, aftershave, little puppet for niece,and a few other little nik naks and still came home with 65 lev which i changed for £20 at post office. so all in all we did have a good hol and will be going back.
how can a melon give you the trots, was it bad on the inside, if so would you not have noticed it smelt off inside
how can a melon give you the trots

Apparently it can, by way of contamination with e.coli, salmonella, and has been known to aggravate irritable bowel syndrome.

Having said that, a Bulgarian friend of ours eats it by the metric ton with no ill effect.

As a precaution wash the outside thoroughly before cutting into it.

Peter
hi sue

cant say that am 100 per cent sure that it was the melon, but it was only thing that my hubby and son had ate different from myself and my other son, it was covered so i thought it would be ok but thinking about it dont know how long it had been there, it was half ov melon it wasnt a whole one, it just ruined the last day because we had plans as you do on the last day, so i ended up doing everything by myself..
so if it was a whole one it could have been pierced and got bacteria in it, or on the other hand if it was half a one flies could have got at it before you bought it. I will remember that when i buy my melon in Bulgaria make sure it is not pierced and wash before i open it up
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.