Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Try some of the Beach Shacks...Plenty to choose from! :glynis
hi & thanks yes we spent most of our holiday in the shacks but i was thinking about the other places.
Yep we had a few in Bonnies Bar and the one along a bit above the supermarket, can't remember the name. Always ended up searching for the shack open latest/earliest, which ever way, usually Cafe del Mar and then Bar Nirvana on the way back to our guest house, which closed when the last one fell off their stool, usually about 4am. Theres a bar in Calangute high street with a portaloo on the front which was always good for pints of breezer and watching the world go by. Can never remember the names of the bars though.
hi philfell - one above the supermarket - babutes, we hung out there too :D
babutes is great, ganesh makes brilliant lasses (excuse spelling)

Beach shack wise always drink and eat in bobbys shack. Brilliant
A friend who is going with us this year is partial to a drop of cider,I know breezers are available everywhere now but anyone know of bars selling the old apple juice ? - sure i saw a sign once in the calangute area.
spike - i will keep my beady eyes peeled for the old cider when we go back as were a bit partial to the stuff too ( memories of a misspent youth!!) & if no-one can enlighten us before then i will let you know ( we're going beginning of march sometime when i get my act together & book something)
Cheers matey,will be going out 24th March you still there then ?
hi, im going to book tommorow & trying for march 5th outbound for 3 weeks so may be there ( things are not looking brilliant - may have to be around the 13th instead) but as per usual ALWAYS leave it to the last b****y minute, useless i know :D
Hi Spike,

A word of warning on the old cider front! A member of our company ordered cider, (I think it may have been in KC's Scottish bar in Baga) they told him they didn't have any imported stuff, but asked if he wanted to try their own brand. On agreeing he recieved a wierd home made concoction in a jug!!! I think it went along the lines of white wine, apple juice and lemonade. It tasted not half bad apparently!! :shock:

I didn't partake. As I recall that was the same day a seasoned Goa traveller introduced me to flavoured Smirnoff!!! Nuff said.......... :lol:

Before anyone thinks I'm a saddo who travelled all the way from Scotland to Goa to sit in a Scottish bar all holiday, I swear I didn't!! We only went in once as we walked up to the shops from Bosco's beach shack!! (It was soooooooo hot, it had to be done!!) :wink
Hi Spike, apparrently MoJo's at Apora (opposite Mackies Market) does a mean cider, great breakfast too.... Hienz B/beans.... mmmmmmmmmmm
HIYA GYPSY I MUST JUST LET ypu know about what happend to us at kc;s we used to go in this bar a lot untill the young bar man tryed to rob my young daughter!! he asked het to bring champayne andwhiskey on behalf of the landlady and the landlord well we did and we had no chance f getting payed of any of them aparently a lot of people have been stung by them all and the landlady is telling evreyone that her son was the drummer in oasis, but me not knowing any different have found out he is a supprt drummer for some unheard group that touree with oasis!!! beleive me i got my money back off them!! apparently they are trying this with all the new visitors!! please be ware!!!!!
Cheers Gypsy and Gooner will be giving them joints a try - home brew sounds interesting ? Hic - hic - hic :wink:
Went in kcs once staff to busy talking couldnt get served so left end of
sharon
Hi Maggie om,

Have to say that after that 1 visit we did steer well clear!! We got charged £12 for a double Glenfiddich!!!!!! :yikes

They didn't bat an eyelid at our shock and horror and tried to justify it by saying they had to import it!!! You can get a bottle in Safeways for that!!!! The mark-up price per drink must go towards a flight ticket to go get the next bottle!!! :fly

And I have to say that with so many more genuine and welcoming places to drink in Goa, I won't miss it. Just a wee tinge of disappointment that the only place in Goa we didn't rate was a Scottish bar. :oops:
Spike - just be careful with that home brew now!!! After consuming it our friend started to make sense. He's never done that before!! :shock:
:twisted: :twisted: the whisky that they sold you was probably brought over from the uk by some poor tourist who never got there money back off them, and then they sell it on to there customers and make a killing on it :twisted: :twisted:
:glynis ...hi philfell...just read your post in which you mentioned a place in calangute were you said you can get pints of breezer ....do you mean pints and breezer or pints of breezer :?: ...also does anyone know is pinapple breezer in goa yet... :thanks .... :D :D
Good bars in Candolim, would suggest:
The Tiger Trail opposite the Anapurna (not far from beach road);
Nintendra opposite side of road/left of Magnum
Ice and Spice left of the Magnum and sort of set back past a big clothes store
Also new one opened next door to Spice restaurant which I can't remember the name of - inside shop but really nice inside - very quiet for first few days we were there in Jan but got busier - has a really nice atmosphere

Bars in Calungute
There is a bar which we call The Fish Bar or Bar Smelly as it is around the corner from the Fish/Poultry Market and sometimes it is a bit pongy but very very cheap.
The Log Cabin - opposite side of the road to Rock Cafe and a little to the left down a small ally way type thing!

Oh by the way Tempest is the new cider in town. Acquired taste I watered with ice after realising it was 7%. Friend of husband was banned from drinking it by his wife after one too many on one too many occassions. Ususally about 80 rupees ie £1.00. Peacock Pub in Candolim also does jugged stuff which is not too bad but not keen on the bar!

Why does everybody keep going to to KC's?????
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.