Spain - Canary Islands - Fuerteventura Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Fuerteventura.
Can anyone tell me what they would roughly be for two adults and two kids and we would be taking a hired jeep .
I have been on some websites and to be honest they seem a little confusing.
Also could anyone recommend a cheap but reliable car hire place in corralejo is this is the place we would be based.

Thanks Mark.
There is information on the ferry from Lanzarote to Fuerteventura HERE

HTH

luci :wave
There are 2 ferries - the Armas and the Fred Olsen. The Fred Olsen is fast!! It takes about 15 minutes. The Armas ferry takes about 45 minutes.
the fred olsen sails from corralejo to playa blanca. its a seacat type of vessel, takes about 40 mins from boarding to departure, it costs approx 14 euro return - roughly £9.00 . not too sure of sailing times, i sailed at 9 am and returned at 6 pm. well worth the trip. if you are taking a car be sure to bring some i.d. as the police in corralejo seem to stop all vehicles returning from playa blanca. enjoy !!
Mat, when did you go and did you cross by car?

I have seen verious ferry websites but im finding it hard to work prices out some seem to quote well over 100 euro's if you bring a car + 2adults+ 2 children - does this seem right?
Hi Folks,
Off to Fuertaventura, in two weeks time for a fortnight, I would like to go on a day trip to Lanzarote while we are there, does anyone have any info on thase trips and what it costs, where to buy tickets, and how often the ferry runs per day , knowing my luck I'D miss the last one back ! lol :bhead

any help much appreicated
regards
fiona

EDIT: Merged with existing topic
David HT Mod
There are 2 ferry companies that depart from Corralejo harbour and go to Playa Blanca in the south of Lanzarote. Timetables and prices for both these boats can be obtained in the harbour and booked on the day. Otherwise, the Princess Ico is a glass bottom boat departing daily from Corralejo and going direct to Puerto del Carmen. This leaves at 10am, takes 1 hour and gives you 3 and a half hours freetime before the return leg of your trip. This costs 30€ for adults and 15€ for kids. You can book this in the Tourventura office on Corralejo's high street - it's located in the Atlantico Commercial Centre.
The Fred Olsen ferry to Playa Blanca costs 26.64€ per adults return and 13.32€ for kids.
Taking a car and 4 passengers costs 111.96€ return.
It leaves at 0745, 0900, 1100, 1330, 1500, 1700, 1900 Corralejo to Playa Blanca except sundays and bank holidays - limited service.
It returns from Playa Blanca 0710, 0830, 1000, 1230, 1400, 1600, 1800.
Some super info there Debbie - cheers!
Hi there.

Can anyone please tell me if the prices quoted here are for a DAY return only.I'm going to Fuerte in a couple of weeks and was planning an OVERNIGHT stay in Lanzarote.

Many thanks for any help given.

Dave
For those considering taking vehicles over please check with your car hire company first.Most do NOT permit inter island travel .Holiday Autos do but you have to inform them first, in writing. If you take a vehicle on the ferry without permission you invalidate all insurance cover and thats what the Correlejo Police might be checking for....
Forewarned as they say.....
Hi prices quoted are for a return journey at any time, not the same day. You must go to the ferry operators office in Lanzarote at least half an hour before your return journey to pick up your boarding card or they might resell your seat. :shock:
We will be in Fuerteventura for the first week in March and thinking of taking a day trip over to Lanzarote. When we get over to Lanzarote do we have to catch a bus into the nearest town ? My husband would like to go on a tour of the volcano's, is that nearby ? Any help would be appreciated as we do not know what to expect when we arrive.
When we stayed in Corralejo the ferry left from the harbour to Puerto del Carmen.If you google it will give you the timetable etc.
The Armas or Fred Olsen ferry from Corralejo goes over to Playa Blanca, which is a nice resort for a couple of hours browse around, but if you want to see the volcanoes you'd be better off booking a guided tour from Fuerteventura which will include the ferry crossing and a coach tour to the volcanoes and possibly a few other Lanza highlights. You should be able to book this sort of trip at an independant tour agent in Corralejo, or if you're on a package holiday, your hotel rep will be able to book a trip for you.
Thanks very much for the info and your quick replies, I will check out the guided tours when we arrive.
hi all. looking for a cheap price over to lanzarote on the ferry went over 2 years ago and got tickets at port office very expensive seeing as we are a family of 5 anyone know were to get them cheaper. thanks in advance :tup
Hi,
There are no discount outlets for the ferries. I would suggest that you go on the slower Armas ferry as it tends to be cheaper than the Fred Olsen. Try your tour operator they sometimes can shave 1 euro or 2 off the price and give you transport too!

Good luck
Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.