Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Back and sad !!
20 Posts
Great Reading spike! Brings back lots of memories. We have booked for Feb 2007 returning to Marinha Dourada but will be going Nov 2006 as well and we are thinking about trying Candolim. Quite fancy Sonesta Inn but dont know what to do cos we love Marinha Dourada so much ......
Welcome back to the cold :oops:
Good read Spike, and welcome back. Easter next week so get ready for a sleety weekend. Don't put the Duffle Coat away yet!

Shame about the Albuquerque - we're returning in November. We went on your recommendation and it's a great spot but I guess the rising prices are a product of supply and demand.

Another year to wait!
Hi spike cant believe your back already it seems only a short while ago that you were on your way, hope my 2 weeks doesn't fly past as quick :lol:
Good report :tup glad you had a relaxing time.
Roll on saturday :sun
:( Spike you mentioned the words i've been dreading, the 18 to 30 hoildays, I think that will really spoil Goa :cry: ; before everyone under the age of 30 comes back with some retort, I know that everyone within this age group isn't a larger lout or just looking for some sand, sea and s**, its just that i've seen what happend to Corfu when the 18-30 holidays hit Kavos and it's the reason i haven't returned.
lets hope the rig-m-role of applying for a visa and the squished up flights might put those that are going to go for the cheap beer and maybe if we all keep reminding everyone that the bars aren't suppose to play loud music after 10pm or 11pm.
I know i sound like a boring old s*d but i've been there, done that, and thrown away the t.shirt because it was worn out, i know what i was like at that age, it's not far back i can't remember and i was a nightmare, now what I want when i go on holiday is somewhere i can go and relax and chill out without having to fight for a drink and if i want go to bed befor midnight and not hear thumping music i can, Goa at the moment provides this along with so much more and i dont want to share it, call me selfish i dont care :twisted: .
once again rant over, kingfisher all gone now, got to start on the Honey Bee and closestn i can get to Limca, Lilt! :?

jayne :wave
Hi Spike
Glad you had a great time and Ganesh is well and busy. He deserves his success and I agree with you how difficult Suddha is

Concerned about the 18-30 remark. Like a lot of other regular Goa visitors have booked for 3 weeks in Jan/Feb 2007 and will decide then whether or not to visit Goa again.
Re the 18-30 threat, has anyone seen a brochure with this? I think all next years brochures are on the shelves now and I hav'ent seen any trace of this, so is it just a rumour, like all those direct scheduled flights you all here about, or is the end of Goa as we all know and love just got a bit more imminent alan
Well it could be a rumour (i hope so) but the lady in question seemed quite genuine - plenty of time to sort and print brochures. If you look at it from the point of tour operators there bookings are down as more and more go diy,so to book and fill a hotel would make sense for them to try 18-30's. Anyone else with any info let us know.
Good report Spike Glad you had a good time-the beach erosion shocked us on that end of the beach-they gotta move that tanker!
as for 18-30s holidays we found it a bit quiet at night in Candolim and im 42!!!
however Baga might be more suitable for them-certainly not enough in Candolim to entertain this type of holiday maker
Good write up Spike and good to meet up with you and the crowd at Lazy Days, as I suggested on the night as the venue there is a bit tight it might be worthwhile looking at an alternative especially as so many of the HT's travel from the Candolim end! I suggested Annapurna Bar as they have a lot of space upstairs which doesn't tend to be used most of the time, but of course not always a big turnout for the Wednesday nights, anyway just a thought! I hope to be back there in Oct/Nov for the full season so hope to catch up with most again then.
Hi Johnny,had a good night at Lazydays and same as you was good to put faces to names - good suggestion the Annapurna also the Country Side pub above the chinese,it needs somewhere that doesnt do food so as not to take up too many tables,maybe when the season has finished and this site 'quietens' down would be a good time to discuss HT meet ups ?
re the 18-30 thing. Go down Tito's road any night and it feels like that already with all the young Indians trying to get into Titos!
I heard it was allegedly Manos who were going to introduce our own Yobs to Goa.
great report enjoyed reading it - thanks
18-30's ????/ :shock: :shock: :shock: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
I agree maybe we should think about somewhere else next year to 'meet up' it can get cramped in Lazy days ... yes!!! candolim would be great as you say, plus I hate driving down that bumpy baga road at night its deadly!!!! so sorry i missed getting to lazy days to meet some of you for the second half of the season but my husband was taken ill and he wasnt up to it a lot of the time but hopefully will meet those of you i didnt see this year next year!!!! :D
I doubt very much it'll be Manos who would introduce 18-30 type holidays, they're not that type of company. I'm not sure it would work anyway, I don't think there's nearly enough nightlife for that type of market, I think they might get bored with Mambos, Titos and Cubana!
I doubt very much it'll be Manos who would introduce 18-30 type holidays, they're not that type of company. I'm not sure it would work anyway, I don't think there's nearly enough nightlife for that type of market, I think they might get bored with Mambos, Titos and Cubana

Aye but there's also the karaoke in MJ's :lol:
Very true.. that's sure to get the 18-30s rushing to Goa!!
just for the record Club cabana has been closed down and is on the market now, by the way we went to lazy days tonight and noone else there.!!!!!!... :(
On the market Chilly? For definite?

I'm not happy about that! It was shut when I was there but I heard it was just police/license problems and I'm sure when I left at the end of April someone told me it might be opening up again the next week. Obviously not!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.