Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Tuppence,

I rather think we've gone through what there is to do in the Golden Sands/Varna area HERE.

As for hotels we have reviews HERE

Bear in mind that people have a greater tendency to post negative reviews than positive ones.

Which hotel depends on your budget which dictates star rating. Ideally don't go below 3* plus in the Balkan Holidays brochure if you can afford it.

For information, THIS is a map of the resort.

Peter
Avoid the Tintyava if you can afford something better (i couldn't)- its the noisiest place i've ever tried to sleep!!!
Can definately recommend the Hotel Sofia, in Golden Sands. Situated at the end of the main " action " street, but slightly set back. You will not hear any noise though as it has double glazing to the rooms.
Very good 4* hotel, excellent pool and the standards throughout are very,very good.
Booked through Balkan.

8) Toonman
Went to Golden Sands in 1996 & 2000 stayed in "Luna" 1996 and "Bonita" 2000. Luna was very basic but has since had a massive overhaul - used to only be two storeys. Couldn't really make a recent recommendations apart from make sure you pick something near the seafront as the further back you go, the higher up into forest you go (unless of course it changed). Further up ones aren't great for kids (buggies) or those who aren't fit for walking up hill.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.