Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thankyou !!
58 Posts
Hi Pip,

Rob runs a charity out here in Goa called Children Walking Tall. He posts here on HT, I think you'll find a thread on here titled "Children Walking Tall". Robs username is Poipleshadow (hope I got that right)??

GFF xx
Thanks yes someone else as sent me the tread, so i will look it up thank you for your help.

Pip
x
Must take (apart from the obvious things like passports, tickets):

Blu-tack to hold the plugs on the wall
Cable-ties to lock the cases when returning
Fishermans scales to check the weight of the cases
Travel size shower gel and shampoo - that way you can freshen up when you first get there before going out to buy full size
2 big jars of coffee - can't find a decent cup of coffee and we love coffee!
2 small soft pillows - stolen from a hotel in the UK ages ago and only used when we go on holiday
Very comfortable footwear (Crocs every time)
Camera
Bum/body bag for money etc
Bags for laundry
Sense of humour
Big smile

And the essentials:
Hair straighteners
Make up
High heels :D
Were you kidding about the last things, Blondepuff? :?

How does anyone mange to walk in heels in Goa???? :shock:
:)
You are good little souls on here that was a great help i keep jotting down in me note book, at this rate will need a case just for me notes :lol:

Pip
x :wave
Well, it's a bit tricky but you soon get the hang of it. I find that getting in and out of the tuk-tuk's is the most difficult though, along with walking on the beach...

No, I was joking! One of the things I love about Goa is that anything goes and no-one cares. Flat shoes and tatty hair is my idea of heaven for three weeks of the year :lol:
We've been using cable-ties for years instead of padlocks as the locks tend to get caught and break the zip. We still take padlocks to keep the cases locked in the room. The cable-ties are easier to put under a case strap too.

We also super-glue the clasp on the suitcase strap to keep it closed and use the slider to loosen and fasten it around the case. We haven't had a broken zip or lost strap for years!
Sorry only just seen the message, If you want an idea of what to bring over you can have a look at our 'luggage' page here

http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Luggage.htm
I'm with blondpuff - have to have a heel of some sort - even if it just wedged flip flops! I am actually in heaven at the moment as my friends mother sent me a pair of pink glittery flipflops with 1 1/2 inch heels from Egypt - they are simply the best!
Sorry to be boring but the only thing I miss when I am in Goa is my wine. I just make sure I have a cold bottle ready in the fridge when I get home and then when I am drinking it, I think damn it I wish I was back in Goa without it!!
I'm with you on that one Susansh. I love my wine but really protest at paying the high prices for imported wine, especially when it costs more than a meal for 2. Therefore, I just get hammered on vodka & tonic's. 8 more sleeps! So exited!! Tracy:D
That's why we take coffee. We don't drink alcohol (yes, I know) and our favourite tipple is coffee. Going for two weeks without a good coffee is hell for us - can you imagine what I was like for the 24hrs after having BriteSmile? No coffee, no diet coke!!
You do not get one day long suncreams i.e. pizz buin so stock up big style on that,

If you wear factor 8 in spain etc then bring plenty of of factor 15 and 30 because the sun is not half hearted.

Buckets and spades for the beach appeared to be scarse?

Get the extra baggage allowance and save yourself a fortune on kaftans, shoes, tops, drugs and jewellery.

Your bank card for extreme ease of cash flow.
:) A couple of bottles of white wine - its expensive and not good over there - Sula's ok but too expensive. My Ipod and speakers - I love it!! Flip flops for night, a couple of wrap round skirts (bought over there years ago) a couple of tops, towel, 2/3 books, duty free Vodka and Baileys - that's about it. I too drink Vodka/Sprite/Coke over there - it does the trick but do miss my wine. Any old footie tops/clothes for the lads if my kids have any they don't want. Money, tickets, passport. 3 weeks time I'll be there - yea!
candy64 what do you call expensive? haven't tried sula but vin ballet and madera,both white ,tasted ok and about 400r.ok not chardonay but not bad for the price! we thought about taking a couple of boxes this time,one in each case,we did this when we went to egypt as their local wine starts at a tenner and is a bit rough.
sue
Coathangers, the wardrobes are always too small/short and never enough coathangers, always collect the free ones and leave them behind
cheers Lyn
chocolate!!!!!, if you buy it over there it just doesn't taste the same

jayne

You obviously haven't been to Cafe Chocolatti in Candolim.

The owner trained as a chocolatier in London and her chocolate is probably the only thing that we take home. 8)
By the way - her ginger cake and carrot cake are excellent too. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.