Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
chocolate!!!!!, if you buy it over there it just doesn't taste the same

jayne
My husband - unfortunately!
Edit
comment deleted. Keep it clean!!!!
fiona ht mod
Would love to have known what you wrote goinggoinggoa :!:

Considering some Andrex Aloe Vera - don't fancy sandpaper after a dose of the old delhi belly!
naughty me :twisted:
(Just don't do it again!!! I forgive you! :lol:
Fiona ht mod)
For the women - an extension lead if you want to do your hair. The plugs are normally as far away from the mirrors as you can possibly get!

GGG, can you PM me and tell me what you'd said, I'm extremely nosey (it must have been really bad if Fiona has deleted! :lol:)
The extension leads are cheaper here, they can be used with our plugs as well as the indian 2 pin plugs.
WHAT TO TAKE

International driving permit (available from the AA or RAC) - if you want to drive a moped/bike, although they are stamping down a little over here, 30+ bikes were taken by police (although that's the renters problem and not yours...)

MP3 Player for those long bus/train journeys/flight delays

A good book

Nationwide bank card - so easy, no charges - great!

FOR LONG TERM VISITORS

Dilute pop (cordail)... Stuff over here is terrible

Cheese see above!

Chocolate see above

Mobile Phone

WHAT NOT TO TAKE
Suncream - we have lots of it at 'The Mango House' for a donation of your choice you can take a bottle... (the children don't use it!)

Sweets, I know, you love giving the children on the streets sweets, but I guess I must be mean and nasty, it's much better buying fruit for them as many of the children we work with have huge holes in their teeth from eating sweets... (just a thought for you!)

Shampoo, Soap etc, (unless you need a special brand) as it's more than likely to be cheaper over here! - Also toothbrushes are so cheap...
What to take

Deodorant. Not seen many available in shops over there so i always take my own.

Small travel iron.
thick alert here

can you take cheese to Goa ?
I received 2 blocks of cheese recently without problems, am going for the bacon this time.
can I bring bacon then?
Yes of course you can 1 for me, 1 for Poipleshadow [Rob] and 1 for you. Seriously I am not sure of the legalities, but I think I have read on this forum that it is ok to bring bacon, Foreign Office site should be able to clarify it.
ok will go have a lookey
I had a looky, didn't find what I was a lookin for, anyone else :?: :?:
nope I searched everywhere :?
YummyMummy - Deodarant is available, I'm not sure what brands for the girls but Lynx is there for the guys.... I'm sure SURE would be too...

Cheese - Yep done this, even had it through the POST! Ok when it arrives the fat has seperated from the solid, but it still taste like cheese so not complaining! - That's how desperate I am for English cheese! (oooh Cheddar, Cheshire, Lancashire cheese.... ooohhh.... If you're coming by plane then just put it in your suitcase, it's kept cool during the flight so no problem there... Lots of people bring it so don't think there's a problem with it.

Bacon, yes I've had bacon and sausages brought over for us... (but not through the post). Anyone who is here for long term surely misses bacon and sausages, they're just not the same over here.
Its probably someting to do with the diet the pigs eat there
:tut thats all im saying on that subject lol :wink:
Its probably someting to do with the diet the pigs eat there
thats all im saying on that subject lol

Haha i told my dad about what the pigs eat, as he has had bacon in Goa before, but i think i told him at the wrong time ( he was eating a bacon butty at the time :? ) Even though its british bacon he was eating when i told him he's been put off bacon forever lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.