Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Yes there are fridges in the rooms, quite good size too. We did not have the minibar contents put in ours, so we used it for water, chocolate and after sun!!!
I don't think there are tea/coffe making facilities in any of the rooms, we were in a family room and we didnt have.
You can get tea/coffe from 7am in the restaurants, if thats not early enough for you, take a travel kettle.
We were in the 1000 room no's block near the reception and indoor poor. It overlooked a grass area, with the main pool to the left, and the front of the hotel to the right. It was very quiet for the entire 2 weeks, and we couldnt hear any noise from either side. :D
Have a great holiday 8)
Hi,

We stopped in Block 2 - opposite the indoor pool and views of the large pool and sea in the background - it was perfect. Not sure if there were kids dens here we had a family room.

Fridge - yes there is a fridge in your room so you can pop your chocolate and water in there!! You will need a sports bottle or an empty pop bottle so you can fill up from the water towers - got to have a glass of water for the headache pills the morning after!! :shock:

There are no kettles in the rooms but my Mum took a mini one with her and picked up supplies of tea bags and sugar cups etc from the supper room last thing at night! Everyone seemed to be doing it! My Mum enjoyed her early mornings sat on her balcony. :D

Our family had 3 children ages 2-10 and we took them to the mud baths thinking the kids would love it - they wouldnt go in :shock: ' its smelly' 'err - yuk' - so they didnt enjoy that part but they did enjoy the boat trip and turtle beach.

We also went on the all inclusive cruise and they loved it - also jumping in from the boat and swinging from a rope swing at the last port of call. :D

All inc trip - £25 for adults 50% off for kids over six - free to under 6years.

Mud Baths with Saragerme Tours was £15 again 50% for over 6 and free for under 6.

Speed Boat 2 hour trip to a beach - £10 and same as above for kids prices.

Joolz :wink:
Would someone be able to give me a bit more info on all inc cruise. Where to, any entertainment , lunch etc?

What activities are on during the day for adults and children if they are not at kids club.

Is gym free, and do they do any exercise classes, aquarobics etc?

One last question (for now anyway) how do you pay deposit for playstation, card or cash?

Thanks
Brilliant, thanks for all your information - I'm looking forward to the break and trying to squeeze everything into one suitcase that doesn't weigh over 32kg! eek!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
All Inclusive cruise is just a day out on the boat stopping 4 times to jump in the sea and enjoy the sights of Turkeys coast. The lunch is salad, potatoes and pasta with kebabs. They also serve an afternoon tea with biscuits.

Gym is free some nice pieces of equipment - all hardly used :shock:

The sauna is free - you should try it - its really nice down there.

No exercise classes - Im afraid. :(

For the kids that are not at kids club there are various slides of all shapes and sizes around the complex - the white one at the Tropical is fast!!

Also if you want to give them money to enjoy the games room - there are bowling alleys (£3per game) pool and arcade machines - but Im sure when they see all the different activities they do at club they wont want to do anything else and its cheaper for you too!! :D :D

what's the best way to pay for the pool tables and bowling.would it be best for the kids to take pound coins for these?thanks Angie
I would pay for any service in the hotel in Lira only except anything paid to First Choice and then it would be in Sterling! :shock:

We paid for our trips and turkish baths with english money as it was a better exchange and we saved money.

Only used the Lira in the shops or at the waffle man!

Exercise classes were held every morning at the pool bar near to the DJ - one of the reps with the red skirts/white t-shirts took the class. Never very many people turned up though and they didn't advertise it well but pop over about 10am or 10.15am (can't remember precisely).
Itinery for Gullet Cruise
Pick up is 8.45 at the PP, PT arranged by FC. 45 minute drive by air con coach to Gocek for arrival for 9.30ish for a guided short walk to the harbour. The Gullet boat comfortably accomodates about 30 to 40 people. Half is open air and half is covered with a canopy. All drinks are free, alcoholic or otherwise, as is all the food which comprises lunch, fruit, and coffee and biscuits later in the afternoon.
The cruise will take you to five bays around the islands of Gocek where you can swim, or alight and go for a short stroll though be sure to ask your courrier what time the boat leaves. Ice creams were available at a cost of 5tl from an ice cream boat that speeds from Gullet to Gullet. The Gullet returns back to Gocek Harbour for about 4.00 for a drop off at the PP and PT for about 5.00pm.
All in all a very good day out.
Be careful if you book the cruise through a tour operator in Sarigerme as the drinks are not included and can be alarmingly expensive.
I got back last Friday and can thoroughly recommend it. It's obvious that many of the issues from opening have been addressed and I am sure some more will be addressed while it is closed down for the winter.

The biggest challenge was food although only at night and I'd had enough during the day anyway.

Slides, don't just let your kids go on them, I went on them all and thoroughly enjoyed acting like a kid again. A couple of them are quite quick at the end :D

Entertainment - I've seen a lot worse and some of it made me laugh a lot, and not necessarily when it was supposed to be. Not the best in thew world but the atmosphere is good and the free drinks keep flowing.

Weather was fantastic, late 80's/early 90's and sunny with a welcome and refreshing breeze off the sea.

Beach - nowhere near as bad as I expected and perfectly functioning and almost empty if you wanted some peace and quiet.

I was in block 2 and perfectly quiet except on beach party night when it was louder but not that late and I went to join in anyway.

Fridge is welcome, and mine was empty so stored all the aforementioned items in it which was helpful.

Overall a great time and I would not hesitate in recommending it to anyone, even without a family as there is so much to keep yo occupied.........
Thanks Eddy & Susien for the info on Paukkale. :D

Its not my cup of tea but its somewhere Mrs CHW has always wanted to go so I'll probably earn some hose points and go with her!! :wink:

Reading these latest reports certainly takes the doubt out of whether it was a good choice of hotel :D
Hi everyone
Just popped onto the site again for a nosey!!
We went to the tropical on the 25th July til 8th August.
If anyone is going and has specific questions but doesn't want to plough through all the previous posts, please pm us and we will try to help you!
[ps-we had a good time and hope that you do too!]
:) :) :) :) :) :)
After reading all the bad reviews that were coming back we changed our holiday to the First Choice Holiday Village Viva in Majorca.
Now with all the good feedback I'm starting to regret it.

Its for the middle of May next year and at least the weather would of been better in Turkey :(
If we wern't going with another family I think I'd be tempted to fork out another £120 to change back to The Tropical :?
if our check in at dalaman to come back home is at 12.35,flight being 2.35pm,can someone tell me what time would we get picked up from the tropical to get to the airport?Thanks Angie
Clan Davis
As it it literally only a 20 minute coach ride from the Tropical.
Would say they will pick you up at approx midnight or 11.30pm at the earliest, to allow for getting all the cases on and off the coach.

:D
hi, we travelled home on a monday (busy day) and were picked up approx 3 hours before departure....with all the queues getting into the airport, then queuing to checkin , then queuing to board flight we didnt have any time for duty free...although the time went really quick
Pick-up was 3 hours b4 departure and being a night flight the airport was empty so spent more than 2 hours looking at the duty free shops........Dalaman airport can be bad but hopefully the new terminal next year will help things
Pick-up was 3 hours before departure and being a night flight the airport was empty so spent more than 2 hours looking at the duty free shops........Dalaman airport can be bad but hopefully the new terminal next year will help things

We had a nightflight also but the airport was absolutely heaving! Luckily we were some of the first to arrive so were able to get seats ok.
just returned from the palace. 2 adults, 2 kids, we had a brilliant time there. luckily none of us had ear infections or cut feet or tummy bugs.

the hotel inself was kept spotlessly clean the whole time despite people leaving plates of leftover food and glasses lying around everywhere. there always seemed to be staff sweeping or polishing the floors, picking up rubbish in the gardens and also weeding and cutting grass.

we had a family room, there was no 5th bed which gave us a bit more space, we had a look in a room for 5 and it was more squashed. i asked the maid for an extra blanket as they were quite small and she got one from her store cupboard straight away for us. we always had 4 bath towels and 4 hand towels left so although we took our own towels just in case we never used them.

the pools were brilliant, we usually sat at the pool where the slides were, this was 120cm deep which was ok for my 2 (just). the daytime activities are around the main lagoon pool which starts off really shallow and gradually goes to 140cm deep. the are also shallow pools with smaller slides for little ones. the slides are open from 10-12 and from 2-4 but most days were open until 5. as all the school holidays were nearly over when we went (12th) we never had a problem getting sunbeds, even by lunchtime there were always at least a dozen or so empty sunbeds. we were never at the pool before 10am and we were still able to pick where we wanted to sit.

food- this was my only let down. the food was ok but nothing to really look forward to. as others have said the food being cold was the main problem, i nearly always put it in the microwave for a few minutes. i agree that unsupervised children was annoying as they were dropping things and leaving the lids off. at breakfast there was always freshly cooked fried eggs and ommeletes, there was also always frosties, corn flakes, sugar puffs, coco pops, museli. there was lots of different breads and croissants. there was scrambled eggs, beans, tomatoes and fried bread in the hot plates and these were the things that never seemed very hot, my daughter had to heat her scrambled eggs every time.
lunch and dinner always had plenty salad and fruit and there was vegetables and chicken and rice and chips all the time so anyone who could not find something they liked from the selection available(usually around 7 or 8 dishes) could always find something to eat.

we walked into sarigerme and it only took around 20 mins. there is a street with some shops, mainly clothes, jewellers, resteraunts. looking at the early pictures of sarigerme it seemed to be a dirt track but when we went the street had been laid with little terrecota and grey slabs- is this new? got some bargains at the market but got fed up with being pulled into their stalls and grabbed by the hand or arm to buy something.

the beach party was fantastic, no foam party or lasers the first week but there was the second, the fireworks were great too.

the entertainment was good some nights and rubbish some nights, there was a hypnotist one night which was hilarious, and a few good singers, the first choice entertainers were ok for younger children but teenagers would find it boring.

on the subject of teenagers, we didn't see any gangs of teenagers, or drunk ones around the complex but the games room was always full of teenagers on the internet or playstation. the bowling was 4 pounds per person. pool 2, for half hour, internet 2 for half hour (pound sign isn,t working ).

i think thats everything but feel free to ask if i've missed anything out
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.