Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
***Pegasos Palace
3174 Posts
We returned from PT this morning having spent 2 weeks there - have just posted a review but have probably left lots of things out!!! - Was very worried about going but had a smashing time - some of due to the brilliant people that we met there. If you need any information please let me know and I will do my best to answer.
For the thecruickshanksgang - Yes the ice cream can be found at the Beach Bar at the PT.
Queues for bars - none for our first week - increased for the second week. But only waited maximum of 5 mins so no issue. No queues in Restaurants. Themed Restaurants - very easy to get into. Italian Restuarant - poor service and cold food. Indian - good service and ok food - makes a change. The Fish Restaurant that you have to pay for - very civilised (not like a Butlins Canteen as in the main Restaurant!!) and lovely food and excellent service.
Hi all
I go on Monday and very interested to know wether the stagecoach and soccer school are still going on as they are a real attraction for my two children
many thanks
Debbie
HI Deblis, Im sorry to say that the Stagecoach and Soccerschool finished on the 10th of Sept, but their are two astroturf pitches you can play football on, i hope you have a lovely time as we did, the toewls are at the hut by the big pool, we had clean towels everyother day and we also had two matresses, we had the matresses for the whole fortnight, i found them on the grass near the restarant on our first evening their so i picked them up and took them to our room. the pools are fantastic, and so are the kids clubs. we did not have any ear infections, tummy upsets, we had about 20 mozzie bites between us all, our room was in block 4 which was very quiet. block 1 and 3 are the blocks by the pool and they are very noisey, most of the kidsdens are on the bottom floor, the aircon runs 24/7. we got a extra card so our aircon was on 24/7, the maids where fantastic, they clean the hotel 24/7,if you ask the barmen for large drinks they will give them to you, we had half our glass full of vodka, all you have to do is to be nice to them and say please and thank you. hope you have a lovely holiday :ghug
Can anyone who has been just clarify for me, is there a bus service that I can get near the hotel to go to Marmaris or anywhere else. I know of someone who has just come back and they said there isnt any buses. But on here before people said there was, I am really confused, Help please as we know it is remote and would like to try the bus. If there is a bus where is it from and do I have to jump at it to get it to stop!!!!

Thank you.

Sam
Sam

We never saw any buses, and certainly non to Marmaris. If you want to go there its an organised trip and takes nearly two hours to get there by coach. It is quite remote but you can get taxis into Sarigerme, there may be bus stops there ???? Hope that helps.
Hi Strewin.

Not been there myself yet, but in the brochure it says "Dolmus services run to Ortaca, where buses go to Fethiye and Marmaris".
There is a bus station at Ortaca (and Dalaman). There are several bus companies operating from there, get there early and ask for the bus that goes INTO Marmaris as some stop the other side of the mountain. Its about 2 hrs and the buses are air conditioned, have a conductor who will serve drinks foc, and best of all they are cheap. Buying tickets is easy enough as the person in the ticket office will understand some English
Thank you guys I appreciate the help.

Sam
Hi, from our experience its probably better to go to marmaris yourself than on the FC trip.......we only got approx two hours in marmaris.....we set off at 9am and got to marmaris at 2pm...due to stop at gold factory , that no one was interested in...this is the other side of marmaris and then you have to drive the long way round to get back into marmaris..... :?
It appears that it is made dificult for you to go anywhere unless you hire a car or go on the FC trips, not exactly fair really is it!!

I am considering car hire now for a couple of days but even that seems expensive, is there anywhere in sarigerme town to hire a car as it will probably be cheaper than here before and in the hotel.
Thanks again!
Sam
When we were there I spoke to a groups of people who had actually taken a dolmus to Marmaris. They had agreed a price with the driver which was very reasonable and it worked out well as they were such a large group
are there irons in the rooms?im going tonight,is it cooler in the evening now and will i need to take a jacket or jumper ,please(sorry of topics mods about weather...
Sorry there are no irons in the rooms. We took our travel iron. :D
Hi all

Currently at the T and having a fab time. Evening entertainment seems to be on the up. Currently a singer Carleen Graham who sang at Jordans wedding and also sung with Madonna at Live 8. Also a hypnotist whos very funny.

Deblis with regards SoccerSchool it is still up and running on the astro turf pitch. Towels only a problem if people take loads back to room. Matresses once you get them still hang on to them as not enough to go round. Weather is fantastic and no need for a jumper or anything for the evening as it is still warm.

Food is fine. No problems booking theme restaurants anytime of the day for the next evening.

Anyone coming out you will have a fantastic time so relax and enjoy. Got hit by a mini hurricane last Friday so a few long faces from the early morning arrivals that day. Sunbeds flying into the pool and mattresses and umbrellas flying past the window it was like a scene from the film was only missing a cow flying past. Apparently that is the fırst rain seen since May.

Was meant to rain today but its hot hot hot again. Anyway bar calling me with a cold beer so would be rude to ignore it.

Adios

:D
Footbalswampie

Sounds like you are having a fab time, cant wait till monday now!!

Sounds like the food is getting better, How are the Mozzies any better?

Sam
Footballswampie :D

Could you pleeeeease ask one of the reps when the golf course is due to be completed for me ?

We cancelled our holiday to The Tropical that we had booked for May due the the bad reviews that came back, but now its looking a lot more positive we'd like to book again for when the golf course will be complete (My other half is a golf fanatic :roll: )

Thanks in advance :D
Hi there, can anyone tell me if the DVD players in the select rooms are for audio or viewing or both?

Also, are there any age restrictions on the slides at the pools?

I am going with 2 children under 6, does anyone know if there are any suitable excursions they could recommend for our family of 4?
Crikey hasn't this forum quietened down!!! Bet your pleased about that Briar! :lol: :lol:

In answer to the trips question the Pirate Day on the ship is supposed to be fab and so is the Safari Jeep Trip. We went to the mud bath and that was lovely - the children don't have to go in they can stand and watch you but then they get to sail on the boat up the river for lunch and go to Turtle Beach which is fab. Its a real nice day out.

Hope everyone due to go out has a fab time - we did!

ps. Alex UK I'm sure the golf course is 2 yrs away - could be wrong but i think this is what i heard.
Am going to Pegasus Palace on Monday and just wondered if the beach party still involved lasers, fireworks and foam as the kids are really looking forward to this but somebody mentioned when they were there that all three were present at the first weeks party but not the second, something to do with the turtles.
Roll on Monday.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.