Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
***Pegasos Palace
3174 Posts
Palace, palace, palace, tropical has more queues and no atmosphere! :D
Best thing going for it is the slides!!

Most people who have returned have preferred the palace
Cheers for that susien - Palace it is then!!!
I should also add, not one mossie bite and I only put on a minimal amount of spray, not one cut foot and I used every pool and no ear infections so this may have been teething problems........
What room type should i go for - 2 adults 14 year old and 10 year old - i see that the family rooms only have air con in the bedrooms - does that make a problem?
Hi.
Has anyone who has been recently seen any weddings taking place at the Tropical? Any info on this would be greatly appreciated as we get married there May 06.
Also, what is it that people seem to dislike about the Tropical? Would it be worth us trying to change to stay at the palace instead (2 adults 2 children 10 & 5)?
Thanks.
PP
A wedding took place when we were there early September. we went along to watch and they deck the wedding gazebo out lovely. Its surrounded by lovely pools (not the swimming type). although the actual wedding ceremony was over very quickly (same when my friend got married in the Dominican Republic). The bride, groom and witnesses were seperated from the guests adn the bridesmaids (it would have been nice to see the bridesmaids standing with the bride and groom as well, that's my only complaint) the celebrant and interpreter wore lovely satin cloaks. I have to say it looked lovely, it was a large wedding party (at least 42) they brought out trays of canapes (i think) for the guests.

You'll have a lovely wedding, I wish you both all the best
Emrich

the family rooms only have a double sofa bed, so if your children are opposite sex, they might not like the idea of sharing a bed.
The main bedroom and the sofa bed room can be separated by sliding doors, or opened so the room is open plan, the air conditioning fills the whole room with cold air, so no worries here.
Maybe you would be better with a jacuzzi suite or kids den? Can't give any information on these, because i didnt stay in one.

Andy and Emma
It is just personal preference I think, but we stayed in Palace in July and only visited the tropical once. The queues at the bar were horrendous, and there didnt appear to be a good atmosphere. If you read back, other people have also said this. Saying that though the most recent reviews from people returning from the Tropical are very good. At the end of the day, it is only a short walk between the 2 hotels, so wherever you stay,you can visit the other. The main pool at the palace is bigger. But the water slides at Tropical are better. Look at the photos in the gallery and see what appeals most
Hi, we stayed at the palace and as susien has said we also felt it had a better atmosphere than the tropical...however if we were to go again we would probably book a jacuzzi suite at the tropical (the jacuzzi suites at palace are only bookable for 2 people!!!) as this has a separate bedroom, when we stayed at the palace we had a family room and having a son and daughter this did not work out well due to the double sofa bed !

the complexes really blend into one you can eat in any one, use the kids clubs in either one (in fact the wavelenght club is situated in the tropical) etc.....

out of the two the palace pools were the best although the slides at the tropical were really fast :shock:
We have just arrived back from the pegasos palace. The mini hurricane was great and they cleaned it all up straight away.
The kids den rooms are great as you can seperate the kids from the adults. The beds are huge, and the maids are fantastic.
The swimming pools and slides are great and they can handle the amount of people easily.
The photographer is really nice and his photos are cheap and fantastic he will take as many pictures as you want ( try to find him ).
The food is okay but they had trouble to keep it warm which let the quality down.
The all inclusive package on drinks was very bad and the beer and wine were not good quality.
The soft drinks were good, the ice creams were by the beach so they had melted by the time you returned to the pool, the poolside icecreams had to be paid for.
The kids clubs were fantastic and ran upto 11pm.
The evening entertainment team ( turkish ) were great do not miss snow white. The first choice evening team could learn something from the turkish guys. Last note, you cannot pay cash for non- inclusive drinks / food/ snacks... you have to buy another wristband.. :wink: :wink:
Any questions please ask.
Hi there,

I noticed someone mentioned the duty free before, does anyone know whether I should buy perfume before we leave, on holiday or on departure home at the duty free shops?
Emrich,

We also stayed at the Palace and I have to agree it was much better than the Palace - the Tropical you seemed to have to queue for ages for drinks and it was pretty much no atmosphere. Have to say to be fair though that the Tropical has a bigger and better ampitheatre than the Palace.

Another thing we found when we were there mid August was that there seemed to be more mossies over at the Tropical - not sure if it is still the case or not? :lol:
whoopsa, to be honest you can often buy perfume a lot cheaper in the high street now. You will get a better selection in the uk dutyfree and Dalaman isnt particulary cheap for perfumes
On the beer front, it is Efes, Turkish beer, which you'll get at most places outside the complex unless you specifically asked for something else which would be more expensive. It seemed perfectly drinkable to me.......the wine is not the best but will not be top quality, just needed to be kept a little cooler sometimes, but a couple of ice cubes did the trick nicely.
can anyone tell me if there is a trip to Marmaris , or do you have to arrange your own transport ? we go on the 17th also chocolatepennyfarthing and cant wait to get there :P :P :P
:D we go on the 17th too :D cant wait! to anyone thats already been do you have to pay for things like crisps and chocolate from the hotel shop with cash or the tommy watch? :?
hi again, i was just reading back through some of the reports and one said there is a separate section in the restaurant for babies an another for children, is this right? cant imagine they would have baby food? :? maybe it just means tables with highchairs! :D
I didnt see a seperate section but they do have a microwave and a hand blender for use in the restaurant.

So you can warm up baby food and milk if you wish or you can blend restaurant food for babies to eat.

In the shops you pay in Lira not Tom watch.

Another tip at the welcome meeting they say you have to put £50 on the Tom but this is not the case we only put £20 on ours.

Joolz :wink:
when we were there early july there was a seperate kids restraunt upstairs from the main outside restraunt served early kids suppers at 6.30 chiken nuggets etc
i cant say if its any good as we never made this early supper (still at pool) and this is also arranged for certain nights the kids reps watch the kids so u can eat alone in the main restraunt
check this as it was going on first two weeks in july not well advertised but ask about it
maybe for those going now it would be an option as i dont know if its still warm enough to be bathing at 6.30 now, we were out some nights till after 7 still at pool
Whoops Pink Flamingo is right - I had totally forgotton about the Kids buffet :shock:

Joolz :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.