Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
i have searched the internet looking for newspaper stories about this alleged incident ,and cannot find anything whatsoever to do with it ,if this did happen then there is no way it could be kept out of the national press methinks somebody is telling porkies,and if that is the case the people who started it should be the ones to be prosecuted.
i have searched the internet looking for newspaper stories about this alleged incident ,and cannot find anything whatsoever to do with it ,if this did happen then there is no way it could be kept out of the national press methinks somebody is telling porkies,and if that is the case the people who started it should be the ones to be prosecuted.

I am in total agreement with you. If something as serious as what has been alledged took place on board this aircraft, there would be a report somewhere about it somewhere on line or in the National Press. The fact that a more detailed report about this incident cannot be found anywhere leads me to believe that all is not as it seems.

Some people will do anything these days to make a few quid and I rather suspect that the two people who have reported this so callled air rage incident were paid a Fee by the Newspaper in which the article appears. And like all the Media the gutter press will alter the story to sensationalise it to sell more copies. Simply reading the report several times over it is clear that all is certainly not as it would first appear. There are simply too many unanswered questions. Not only that but one of the TV news Channels would have picked up on this alledged incident and it would have been on TV. But it was not.

Therefore, methinks it might just have been one female passenger who simply had to much too drink and had to be restrained by the Cabin Crew and nothing more. All this stuff about her being knocked out and locked up in the toilet and the aircraft going into a steep nose dive and the Captain coming out to see what was going on might all just be hocus pocus to make a printable newsworthy, all be it local, newsworthy story.

IF someone had run amoke on board a passenger jet airliner, claiming to be a terrorist, and to detonate a bomb, and it took over twenty minutes to subdue her during which time the aircraft made a sudden rapid decent while the Captain was not where he should have been, at his seat, during a crucial part of the flight.....well I am positive that in the shadow of 9/11 there would be more on this story than just a couple of paragraphs in a local newspaper. But like you, I cannot find anything despite an extensive search.

As you say, someone is either not telling the truth or is witholding the truth.

Why :?: :hmmm
Article appeared in Evening Gazette and if they've paid the couple for the story it'll be a first as it's not how they normally operate!
Article appeared in Evening Gazette

I'm not saying this couple were paid a Fee for their *story*, (but I rather suspect they were) but if their *story* is to be believed it would have appeared in many more newspapers, 'Local' and 'National' as well as being on the Television, Radio and the Internet.....and it is not. The story appeared in a Local 'rag', and if the alledged incident that took place was anything like what we are being asked to believe, then the story would have been a *big* one and appeared in and on numerous other sources.

And if the incident was anywhere near as dramatic as this article would have us believe it was, I simply cannot understand why so far only two other passengers have come forward to report it. That one point alone is enough for me to suspect that someone is not telling the truth.

What I suspect may have happened, but this is pure specualtion, is that this female passenger was sat either next to, in front of or behind the couple that have reported it to the 'Gazette'. This would account for why no one else has come forward as no one else on board heard or saw the *incident*. The female *terrorist* had probably been drinking, may have mixed that with some medication, started to talk about terrorism and bombs (not claimed to be a terrorist or to explode a bomb), which the couple then overheard, and reported to a member of the Cabin Crew who would have asked the *terrorist* not to talk about such things and the Flight Attendant may have had to use some form of minor restraint until they could safely release her when the aircraft landed. Which would account for why she was not arrested.

I mean lets face it, if she was that intoxicated, that high on drugs, would she have really been able, let alone allowed, to make her own way off of the aircraft.....especially after another passenger alledgedly knocked her out :!: :roll: ( And WHY has this passenger not come forward? Surely he would have done if only to exonerate himself of his actions in case of future prosecution for assault). And then the couple that have reported it to the Gazette may have told the truth, may not have been paid, but the Gazette decided to *spice* up their storey by adding in the bits about the steep dive, the Captain leaving his post, the lock up in the toilet all to make what was in effect a minor unnewsworthy incident on board a holiday flight into a major drama just to sell their paper. The Press are infamous for doing that sort of thing, even local rags.
ther is a guy based in icmelar ,who answers questions on the turkish disscussian forum ,who has never even heard of this story , and this guy seems to be very clued in about turkish affairs and business, i would have expected him to at least heard some local gossip about it , but he says not
there is a guy based in Icmelar, who answers questions on the Turkish disscussian forum, who has never even heard of this story, and this guy seems to be very clued in about turkish affairs and business, I would have expected him to at least heard some local gossip about it , but he says not

Why am I not surprised :?: :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.