Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi!

As someone who is totally blind and also uses a walking stick for support I must confess for the most part I've found my travel agent (Thomas cook) to be right on the ball and very helpful. I know that wheelchair users will encounter a whole series of different travel problems around accessibility and the like, however i've always found the staff from travel agent to airport and hotel to be really great. I know you cannot genarlise about such things but my experience has been largely positive. Even when my sighted wife told me to duck going onto the transfer coach and I didn't do it quickly enough so dislodged the drivers rear view mirror from the roof with my forehead, LOL! there wasn't a problem. I should also add that I have had no difficulty getting insurance for my holidays nor experienced any form of discrimination whilst on vacation, in fact quite the reverse from the travel reps to the local turkish people. Whoops sorry! been rambling!

Alistair
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.