Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
hi seagull i am going on the 28th sept to cala blanca hotel i got a great deal with airtours i knocked off transfers and meals and paid £490 for 2 people all inclusive . there are lots of places to see on menorca if you hire a car , calas cove, plenty of ancient ruins ,lots of isolated beaches pretty towns and villages, lladro porcelain is worth a look at . you will enjoy the island not many dont and from what i make out its usually the boozy benidorm, ibiza types that dont enjoy what the island has to offer.#

hopr this helps 8) 8)
Hi David, have you been to Menorca before in September? We are going also on 28th September to Cala en Bosch for 10 days and wondered what the weather may be like. We went in July and it was lovely but not sure what the weather is like at the end of September.
Lins1
hi lins 1 i havent been in september before but have been to ibiza at the same time and the weather was brill so i think it should be good but dont bank on it . a few years ago the last time i went to menorca it was occtober time around the middle i think it rained for 10 days out of 14 they said it was the worst weather that menorca has ever had. i think it will have been around 10 years ago. oh sorry it was the second last time we rented a villa in may around 4 years ago the weather was brill then . where do you fly from we fly from manchester at 7 in the morning.

hope this helps dave

:) :)
Hi David.

We fly from Manchester also an early morning flight. Not sure of the exact time as the other arf booked it. We have been going to Menorca now for 8 years, same 2 weeks in July every year. But this time, instead of going to Spain in October we decided to go back to Menorca. Looks likewe should take some woollies just in case. I should imagine that whatever the weather is like it will be chilly on a night. Thing is with this weather at the moment you can never tell what it is going to be like. Will be well prepared.
Linsi
Hi there

Went for one week September/October last year and had exellent weather. The first few days the waiters said it was like end of August. The rest of the week it was okay. Not hot but pleasantly warm. The evenings were quite chilly though. Definitely long sleeves and maybe even trousers. We had one heavy thunderstorm one night but apart from that it was fine. Everything was very quiet but we loved it. Hope to go again but have not booked anything.
Thanks for that info. Think i will take the cozzie just in case though.
Linsi
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.