Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Hi

Don't know the apartments as we tend to stay other side of bay, in the Aguamarina. I love Arenal though. It is a fairly quiet resort and not that big. There are two play parks for children within walking distance. One by the beach and one in Coves Noves a bit further to walk. The beach is absolutely lovely and you can do different water sports there. Don't know the cost our children are a bit too small yet. There are some bars and restaurants around but no night clubs. The Irish Bar or Bar 51 is popular and okay if you don't mind a slightly colourful language from the resident singer. The big hotels also put on entertainment every night. There are Supermarkets here and there so that should not be a problem at all. There are a couple of Cash points in Arenal. One by the hotel Isla Paraiso and one across from the Irish Bar. There is also one in Coves Noves.

I would recommend you to hire a car if the children don't mind too much. Ours mainly want to stay by the pool but we hire a car for a few days anyway. Nothing is far away on Menorca and it is easy to drive there so don't worry if you haven't driven alot before. The waterparks are less than an hour away both in the same general direction from Arenal. Mt Torro (highest point on the island) well worth a visit and not far from Arenal, still need a car though. The tour operators normally do a trip to one of the waterparks if you don't have a car.

It is possible to walk to Son Parc, another resort with beach, about half an hour to 40 minutes. Not a very interesting walk but something to do and you get to see another beach. It is easy to take the bus in to Mahon a lovely little town. When we have been we have found it quiter after the siesta. There is a big port there. You can also walk to Na Macaret a small village nearby, again the actual walk might not be very exciting.

We love it there and go back in July for the forth time but as I say to everyone, we all want different things so what we like might not be what you like.
Hi Tara

I have requested that these apartments are added to our database, so hopefully a member will be able to post a review.

Biff
have been taking my family to menorca for the last 10 years kids now grown up but have always loved it,never been to eastern side of island but lovely island with lovely people am sure you will enjoy it and go back in the future
Hi - while staying at Son Pac we walked over to Arenal. (Don't try walking it in the heat of the day, like we did!) Arenal had a lovely beach and lots of bars/shops/restaurants. I remember it as being very hilly, so quite a steep climb to get around.
If you fancy a day out, try a walk (or bus) over to Son Pac where you can have a game of golf. It's a lovely golf course and you can hire almost everything that you need. If you don't want to play golf you can still walk along the course where there is seating areas. Take lots of bread, as there is a pond at the far end, with lots of ducks. The children will love the peacocks that have 'right of way' and wander all over the course. If you carry on walking straight, past the pond, you take a walk through a nature reserve - more of a rough track through trees, but a short cut to the spar shop and the beach - quite a walk to the beach but worth it as the beach at Son Parc is lovely, very shallow for the children. Not a lot else there apart from 'The Strip', which consists of a small row of shops/bars/restaurants. There is a restaurant at the Golf course open to everyone and not just for those playing golf.
Going further along the coast you come to Fornells. (Too far to walk to) No beach there to speak of but they do have boat trips round the harbour which the children might like. Lots of boats and some water sports. It's a very flat walk at Fornells but we thought that the restaurants were very expensive.
On that side of the Island the bus (as far as I remember) goes to and from Mahon to Arenal, Son Parc and the Fornells area but if you want to visit anywhere else you really do need a car. Otherwise you will have to take a bus into Mahon and then get a bus out again. If you do venture out take the children to Son Bou. There is a maze there that my grandchildren (ages 5 - 8 - 12) loved and it kept them amused for ages.
Have a great holiday. :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.