Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
1st time
6 Posts
Just take a few grand you can always bring back what you dont spend :cheers :wave:
Forgot to mention been quite often gold is good value usualy18ct i bought my wife some very heavy multicolored gold braclets plus gold/diamond rings and bought myself 8 solid platinum earings which are of good weight she decided to have a uk valuation done thinking we overpaid but in uk they valued at over 3 times we paid in turkey/marmaris
We have bought a lot of gold over the years and never had a problem, but have known others who have
so my advice would be to go on other peoples recomendations and haggle, dont pay fiirst or second price, we bought beautiful earings, white gold and diamond, they wanted £700 !! to cut a long story short we got them for £300, so the mark up is huge !!1
Spending money, we take for two adults £800 this excludes presents and shopping, when you visit Turkey for the first time you go absolutly mad but after a few years you tend to be more choosey, have a good one Joan
Hi most gold in turkey is 14k , and is great value ,when you decide what you like and what you are willng to pay for it ,then ask the jeweiler for his very best price offer him at least 25% less and then haggle . When you make the deal ask for a certificate with the jewellers name , the weight and the price marked on it .Best thing is to act confident and let him know you are no mug.Also be aware if you look into a jewellers window expect them to come out and try to get you into the shop ,dont show any special interest in any specific item in the window ,just tell them you are just looking . :tup

Bluepeterno1
hi normally take £50 each per day and normally come back with some (no kids). As you like shopping take a little more as if you are like my wife its shop drink shop drink eat drink shop. please watch your baggage allowance got hammered last year, they dont check hand luggage
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.