Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Welcome to HT!
First tip- don't form an opinion on Goa in your first few hours! I still remember my OH's expression in the taxi. Something along the lines of - and you really wanted to come HERE!
By the following day he was realising why so many fall in love with the place.
Don't think that you have to eat at the hotel because of hygiene fears. Food in the restaurants is very good and very cheap.
Shacks usually do not charge for sunbeds but of course they would expect you to drink there, and hopefully eat. They are cheap. I can't give prices as it's been a couple of years sInce I was there last
Sea- be very careful as people can underestimate the dangers of undertows.

Be prepared to plan to do things and then get drawn to your favourite sunbed and shack for another day of nothing. I don't understand what happens to me in Goa. I am normally off exploring but not here. To be fair I have only spent a week there at a go. We like to finish off in Mumbai.
Things are still pretty basic but it is changing.
Hopefully folks can give you some up to date prices. I do notice that the exchange is good just now.
On 26th September 2017 at 11:41am, Fiona said:
Welcome to HT!<br />
First tip- don't form an opinion on Goa in your first few hours! I still remember my OH's expression in the taxi. Something along the lines of - and you really wanted to come HERE! <br />
By the following day he was realising why so many fall in love with the place.<br />
Don't think that you have to eat at the hotel because of hygiene fears. Food in the restaurants is very good and very cheap. <br />
Shacks usually do not charge for sunbeds but of course they would expect you to drink there, and hopefully eat. They are cheap. I can't give prices as it's been a couple of years sInce I was there last <br />
Sea- be very careful as people can underestimate the dangers of undertows. <br />
<br />
Be prepared to plan to do things and then get drawn to your favourite sunbed and shack for another day of nothing. I don't understand what happens to me in Goa. I am normally off exploring but not here. To be fair I have only spent a week there at a go. We like to finish off in Mumbai.<br />
Things are still pretty basic but it is changing. <br />
Hopefully folks can give you some up to date prices. I do notice that the exchange is good just now.
One thing that I forgot to mention- its not worth packing high heels- the pavements are too uneven. Oh and , dont wear white! The red sand is lethal!
Fiona, high heels & white..... My friend & her hubby decided to visit Goa & I was really, really nervous for her.

She's a finicky so & so & her appearance is very important to her. Anyway off she went with her usual bulging suitcase of heels & bikini's in every colour, & had the time of her life. She loved it!
Most people do Glynis!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.