Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Kim

With regards to your question about malaria tablets it really is a persosnal choice on whether you take them or not. There are some people who never take them and some who would never go to Goa without taking them

We fall into the last category I'm afraid I am not prepared to gamble with my life and it is a fact that Malaria can kill and it only takes one bite from a mosquito carrying the disease. We always take Paludrine and Avoclor after our meal in the evening and never suffer any side effects. The draw back is that you have to take them for a week before you go, every day whilst you in Goa and every day for 4 weeks when you come back. Some people who have experienced side effects with these tablets take Malarone which is much more expensive but has less or no side effects, I understand that you do not have to take these for such an extended length of time.
Kim,
We have a friend, Bill, he caught malaria in Goa, he was not taking the tablets, he nearly died.
Take them before you go to bed and you should be fine.

The Reps will be selling trips to see elephants, or look around in Cavellosim.

A boat trip is usually great fun & you get fed.

Check the Restaurant thread for places to eat.
thanks for your replies i think thats made our minds up for us. have any of you done the elephants trips?
Hi Kim we have just returned from Cavellossim and would recommend The Goan Village for excellent meals
in a lovely setting, also Mike,s Place is another good one, you can book a 4hr/30min river cruise in Mike,s
on Chriss,s cruises they go out on Tuesday and Friday but be sure to book as they are very popular
cost 750 rup that includes the cruise, 3 course lunch, and all drinks :) the entertainment is good.we had
a great day.have a good holiday.
annx

we take Mefloc 1 a week malaria tablets,with no side effects,you can buy them on arrival and start taking them the first day
we also take them for 1 week on our return cost about 158 rup for 4 tablets.usually bring a box home to start before the next holiday. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.