Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
I'm no expert but think that would be classed as a major change and I doubt at this late stage they'd be able to accomodate. I guess you could ask but my guess is there would be a hefty charge involved unless you have an excellent reason for wanting to change resorts of course
It looks as though Cancellation Charges apply by reading their Terms and Conditions as its less than 21 days before travel.

http://www.holidaywizard.co.uk/seeinsidebrochure/Thomas-Cook_Summer-2011-book-it-early-/Booking-Conditions/page_208

Hope this link helps.

Angie.
speak to the thos cook rep when he gets there and ask for a transfer to the other resort. there will be some extra charges, but depending on the rep, and your sons attitude when dealing with them (grovelling and a sob story will help) he may get a result.
I dont think Thomas Cook will do this without a charge,and also to go to another hotel/resort you will have to pay the current price for that hotel.
I asked them to move us last month when I knew what a state Gumbet was in due to road works and they said it would cost an extra £400 :yikes
I dont know where they got this figure from. :que
I don't think it can be done as it is most likely to be classed as a cancellation at probably 100% at this stage.
thanks all for your replys he is sticking with what he has now although the moaning to rep sounds a good one :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.